x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA WannaSkype's Re-Application™

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Gabe, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Okay yeah, don’t believe log all my bans. Ask any moderator go ahead. Ask them if I was active. Thank you for your opinion.

2. Hyperie

Hyperie Active Member

Just to clarify, looking at the forums daily and afking ingame isn't activity. Chain is the single most active moderator we have, only acceptation has compared in terms of ingame activity in the past year. If he says you've been inactive as mod, I believe him.

3. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

I wouldn't consider ban logs a valid source to redeem inactivity or not.

I know I wasn't staff at the time Gabe got staff but I did receive staff for the first time at around the end of his staffing journey on this server, and to be completely honest ban logs weren't persuaded to actually do or enforced enough that made people actually do them, as compared to now you have to do them.

Just because he wasn't really required to do ban logs doesn't mean he isn't active, also let's not forget the cases in those 9 months of his staffing that he had inactivity threads for complete valid reasons.

Also Gabe stayed on Mineverse for 9 months, during them 9 months there was numerous issues going on with the server with player count decreasing etc etc and he did not give up.

Anyways the past is the past even if he was inactive or not. He has been extremely active recently and that is all that should matter.

I mean we cant judge someone from there past, if we're just going to comment on what they did before then I feel a lot would be different, this isn't meant to sound mean or anything but let's use your past for example, you did a bunch of things wrong on here and lots of it was for Hacking.

All I'm saying is if people are getting staff even if they did previous mistakes such as going inactive or Hacking then I don't see why Gabe shouldn't be getting it.

Best of luck Gabe.

4. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Damn, sorry for the language but thank you so much for supporting me throughout this journey. This is all true, when I was a mod ban logs were not really enforced as maybe they are now. Also when I was inactive I did make a thread and did tell my head moderators at the time. As you can see if you look at the moderator archives, I never just left out of no where. An example of me not playing for like 2-3weeks but still being active on the forums is because I literally broke my hand during football and was unable to get on my computer. I can assure you I will not be in-active as much as before if given another shot as moderator. Thank you all who are supporting me, and people who are not I really do hope can change your opinion. Thank you accept and you guys all.

5. Benko

Benko Boss Member

Finally agree on something with you.
      No support gabe

6. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Every moderator has always been required to log every single ban. If he was not logging every single ban, then he was not doing his job correctly and that is an entirely separate argument...

Also, I did not just analyze his ban log, I analyzed his actual posts too, which were very very sporadic in those eight months and did not include a lot of report handling.

I'm not going to comment any more because I'll get in trouble for it, but this talk of ban logs not really being enforced is a load of nonsense. Ban logs were enforced 2.5 years ago when I was first promoted, and they have been enforced every step of the way since. If you were not logging your bans then you were not doing your job correctly. I've pointed out numerous pieces of evidence that suggest you were inactive as a moderator but you refuse to own up to the fact that you were inactive. (addressed to Gabe)

Also, I have indeed hacked and broken many rules in the past, but I was never an inactive moderator. When Gabe becomes a moderator, he'll be a great moderator for a month, and then disappear. That's just my prediction. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you for your opinion, I do own up I was an inactive mod towards the end of my moderation. Once again thanks for your input!

8. Acceptation

You said it yourself, that was 2.5 years ago, time changes. You can't say that the ban logs not being enforced is a bunch of nonsense if you weren't even on the staff team at the time...

There was never a 48 hour rule that is now in place now, yes they may have been required to actually log the bans but staff didn't care at all if you didn't log any bans, there was quite a few staff during that time that just didn't log there bans at all.

Like I said in my previous post that the past is the past, if we just hold onto the past then should we be trusting anyone to be a moderator?

As for your prediction for him going inactive if he does achieve the position, we'll for a start you don't actually know that unless you can see the future or something, people can surprise you.

I'll stop commenting here too, just wanted to say that people change and if you're going to no support him just because he used to be inactive seems really unfair.

I'd say Hacking is worse than inactivity. He's active now so why is there a need to hold onto the past?

9. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Since I was moderator at the time and pretty much your entire moderating time, I will give my opinion, and speak upon something I took into consideration.

When first judging your application, I supported due to the fact that you did at least did your job. I spoke with a member of this community that I respect, and they shared an opinion of me - we weren’t totally sure of your commitment to the server due to your previous experiences and circumstances.

Onto the subject of the matter...
      You weren’t active all of the time, and I don’t mean just the end, you just went inactive for chunks of time. Period. In full honestly, it wasn’t just chunks of time, but in general, you weren’t exactly an active mod (server-wise).

I talked to other moderators frequently about inactivity, and many other moderators agreed with my opinion of you being generally inactive to an extent. To be fair, you sometimes had things you were dealing with, but saying you were active through these periods of time is an over exaggeration, and I don’t want to call it this, but it’s practically a lie.

As for ban logs, I do recall you falling way behind the other moderators, and for large periods of time, you didn’t prove your activity at all. Either 1) you were inactive, which you actually were most of the time or 2) you didn’t log your bans - and since this was covered heavily throughout our time of being staff, you didn’t do your job correctly and subsequently didn’t deserve the role.

To sum up this comment, no, you weren’t active. I was with you almost the entire time, and you didn’t prove your activity. I remember entire periods of time where you just wouldn’t log on, and if what chain says is true about you also being inactive on the forums, then you don’t have anything else to fall back on.

10. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you for your opinion sniff, I respect what you said as I respect as a person.

11. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Bump lol

12. babytransjoey

babytransjoey Active Member

no support

13. Sparky

Sparky Retired Head-Mod Premium

Support.

14. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you for your opinion.
      Thanks lanie ❤️

15. fran

fran Experienced Member

Why haven't I supported this. Full support to you, comrade! #Tuber4Demote

16. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you so much, #Tuber4Demote

17. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

No support i hated you as a moderator

18. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you for your opinion and thank you for the support rating @Ruminisque

19. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Bump ❤️

20. Acceptation

More support <3 Best of luck.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.