x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Skygrid Why a SkyGrid Reset Would be Terrible

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TronicTonic, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
    ?

Would you want a reset?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. TronicTonic

TronicTonic Experienced Member

Very recently, I made a thread on possible suggestions on how to improve Skygrid. However, there are MULTIPLE long-time players who have been heavily opposed to a reset. This is why.

• The economy now is based off of raiding. Allowing people to still have their items from raiding will allow them to smoothly transition to a new economy.
      • Many people have spent years getting the stuff they have now, and wiping it all will be extremely annoying and disheartening
      • Many people have EXTREMELY complex and hard to build bases, and wiping that all will get rid of many very awesome bases that people have made
      • If people get their stuff reset and then raiding is disabled as well, that will cause many veteran players to leave. Some people have made a fortune off of raiding and if raiding is disabled they will be a little okay, but if items are reset then it will completely wipe their progress.
      • Some people have rare items such as spawners or beacons and other things, and I do not think a reset will be a good way of taking care of that. I think they should add the ability to move spawners again, because they are not really game-breaking. Beacons and stuff are not really game-breaking either, and I think they should add the ability to buy them from the shop and/or make withers spawnable, but only in the nether. This makes them non-game-breaking, but still attainable.
      • Many of the things that will be reset are not game breaking, so a reset will not be helpful in any way. Many people may disagree on this, but none of the things I have heard about do things like allow infinite resources or anything like that.
      • The wealth can and will be spread if a new economy comes around, as many of the veteran players are eager to help new ones. Notable people include @DerpicableMeRules (although he isn't on the forums much), @Maxamul, @notvh, and other people. These are a few people who are still very active and help people. Therefore, they can help other people still if there is not a reset.
      These are the reasons that I have come up with. If you disagree with anything, tell me. If I didn't include some people in the list of people that are nice, its mainly because I haven't seen you. ;)

EDIT: Before you post, be aware of the time people have spent on Skygrid, like awesomedude said.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    2. awesomedude14063

awesomedude14063 Active Member

I have recently commented onto your good/bad skygrid ideas but, if anyone wants to have skygrid reset before you do get to know the community and how hard we work on our bases everyday. 1eef5be505dfd626bf4842a4069e2275.png

3. TronicTonic

Word. Especially Derps base I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 1000x100x1000, it truely is impressive.

4. lokadd

lokadd Experienced Member

A Skygrid reset would be lit!

5. TronicTonic

Have you considered how much time people have put into bases?

6. Insolar

Insolar Well-Known Member

the same could be argued for factions, prison, and skyblock which have all been reset ;P

7. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Support, for skygrid to be reset.

8. TronicTonic

mmmm thats true, but I wouldn't say there would be anything gamebreaking in skygrid, so no reason for a reset. Factions I can understand being reset, because eventually if there was a border people would use up all the land and stuff, but some people work hard on things in Skygrid.

EDIT: also as derp just put in, who says resets are good? were the other resets very good?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    9. notvh

notvh Active Member

Most of the people in support of a skygrid reset have never played it, and never will (even if its reset). MAYBE a few of them will stick around for the first few days after a reset, but then an even fewer number would actively play; but an extremely large majority of the old community would quit if a reset happened.

10. TronicTonic

Exactly. Consider this if you want to give a good reply.

11. DerpicableMeRules

DerpicableMeRules Active Member

I DO NOT SUPPORT A RESET OF SKYGRID. always amazes me how many people here 'play' forums. if you actually played skygrid, you would see that there is no need for a reset. unless you want to kill mineverse. is that the goal? I was the second zeus on the old OPprison. reset came and i haven't even cared to look at OPprison again. you lost it for me with the reset, from what i see, it has never recovered, i go to give someone my kit or some of the money i was given by Noobcrew to stay there and it is always dead. i have spent the last year building a planet on skygrid, sometimes five days a week there, to reset and get rid of all my work? well, why would i stay? golden rule, erase my world, yeah, why would i even begin to care about MV again? you already jacked my world once with the OPprison reset. I enjoy mineverse immensely, even bought a titan rank and a god rank for two accounts, to just wipe out someones work over and over again, does not build a healthy long term relationship. If the goal is to kill mineverse, continue on with the practice of resets. If the goal is to create a community that stays and plays, listen to the other suggestions that would bring more people there. Still in amazement at the people who 'play' forums, never see their names in game but boy oh boy they can't seem to shut up on forums. sorry i don't have a cute little meme to play with y'all, i 'm busy actually playing the game rather than blindly judging others with forums BS.

12. TronicTonic

OML THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD-Everyone consider this before you post here at all.

13. baile y

baile y Well-Known Member

Please do not reset skygrid.

14. lokadd

Oh wow, I wonder how many people care about your opinion.

15. TronicTonic

Pretty much almost the top 3-5 most active Skygrid players do, mainly all the people that still play, excluding only DwarfenSteve because he decides to not look at forums. So, think, before you automatically post something like that. I think it is nice to have someone step up and propose something as radical as this.

Attached Files:

16. lokadd

I have my own opinion, both of my statements have been considered. It seems you're just annoyed that most players want Skygrid reset, instead of going along with what will happen in the foreseeable future you're just getting in the way of what will actually help the Skygrid gamemode.

17. TronicTonic

It won't help, have you listened to the opinions of many actual very active Skygrid players, because I would actually play the gamemode for a significant time before concluding if it would help to have a reset. Look at posts by @DerpicableMeRules and @awesomedude14063 and @notvh, not because they agree with me, but because they play this gamemode more than anyone else here.

18. Moni

Moni Well-Known Member Premium

If Skygrid was reset, I wouldn't really be affected since I've just started playing, although I know there are a lot of other players who have put a lot of time and effort into their bases.
      It's like if Skyblock was reset, I'd be devastated since I've played actively for over a year, so I know how the people that have put a lot of time into Skygrid would feel if Skygrid was reset.

I personally don't think reseting Skygrid is a great idea, since people who play it currently or who play occasionally might lose interest if all their progress is gone.

19. TronicTonic

Well Said.

20. lokadd

I play Skygrid all the time, I have a base with 2 friends and it's quite good, i still want a reset to improve the quality of the actual gamemode though, that's why I want a reset. Don't be irrational and rush into biased opinions on what I have said, I have looked at everyone's opinions multiple times. I stand strong with mine however.