x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • WHY are no staff on ever?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Archive' started by KidCraftKiller, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

I’m going to put my opinion on this, and this will be said without the intent of disrespect, so don’t ban me.

To be fair, many of the staff are inactive, and those staff that are arguing back about you guys complaining about this are the active ones. Of course they’re going to try and defend the entire team as they’re taking it as personal shots, and I would defend myself as well. With this, both the staff and players need to understand that some of the staff are decently active, and so we’re not complaining about them completely, so don’t treat this as if we are. We understand that you few who actually do anything positive for the server show commitment, but your backs must be tired for carrying around some dead weight. We’ve all complained about it, so simply admit it, a lot of the staff aren’t active.

Many of the staff actually are inactive, and sitting in vanish without paying attention to rule breakers and chat is not activity, so don’t treat it as such. When I was staff, there were many periods of time when I was the only staff member online sitting by myself, and seeing as the staff team doesn’t seem to fix problems like these, I assume the situation hasn’t changed greatly. With the amount of hackers online I saw for long periods of time when I was recording (like a month ago), either the staff are extremely inactive or terrible at their jobs. Take offense to either one of these, because either way, you’re not doing your job to the best of your ability.

If you promise activity, bring forth your promise and actually do something. I’ve seen so many staff promise to be active and then go inactive after the first few days, and it’s literally pointless for them to be staff. I understand that different situations in your lives may come, but if those situations are as bad as they seem, and for whatever reason take up literally ALL of your time, quit your frickin job. Nobody cares that you’re here, and if your issue prevents you from even spending a few minutes on each day, just leave. You have to understand that everyone else goes through stuff, and yet we still have players on for hours every single day. It can’t just be the staff that get hit the hardest, lmao.

Finally, for all those complaining about the staff being inactive, honestly shut up please. They’re not getting paid, arent appreciated in any form, and probably have better things to do than play a video game. Get a grip. Just because you normie weebs can spend a billion hours on, doesn’t mean that the mods can. The server is in a declining state with no real effort for any change, so expecting crap out of them isn’t really fair. If I knew that my entire business was about to shut down and there was nothing I could do, I would say “frick it” and go have fun somewhere else.

Hopefully this shows both viewpoints, and it’s time for me to log out for another month.

2. Sythee

Sythee Active Member

Near perfection.

The staff might also live in a completely different timezone, and their might not be any staff member living in your timezone. It's unnecessary to complain about a server with not many staff and not many players.

3. KidCraftKiller

KidCraftKiller Experienced Member

I didn't make this post to be disrespectful or throw shade. I wanted to bring light to a problem. staff are never on to do anything about the late night bots and hackers who make the server unplayable and on top of all tat vpns arent banned and people spam the server bots and they cant be banned. look at this crazy video I took today

4. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

So you're basically saying screw all the people who live in timezones other then na, who cares if they have a bad experience playing on the server because of spam bots and hackers

5. Sythee

Sythee Active Member

When did I say that? I simply said that they might not live in your timezone

6. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

Heyo!

Alrighty, first off, staff members volunteer to spend free time on a Minecraft server making sure that Mineverse is running correctly, they're not going to be on 24/7. And if I message a staff member to come on there's an emergency or such, they come rushing. And to add on, once on staff member leaves I always see another one come on, so there's never a 2-3 hour time that there's never staff online.

7. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

Name all the active staff please

8. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

I can agree with you to some extent. I used to play this server back in 2014, and this server got an average 1,200 people playing on a Saturday morning. Due to unfortunate circumstances, this server barely gets 100 players. Forget about recruiting more staff members, it's more of the consistent problems. We need more advertisement investments, we need to fix unexpected server shutdowns (Majority of the servers shut down for nearly 2 hours), we too need to remove unnecessary strict rules (especially on forums) that prohibit activity to a certain extent and general enjoyment. I can make a whole thread about this. But about the staff team, we do need more staff members who have no lives (me). so yeah

9. hannah

hannah Boss Member

link me ya mod app buddy

10. KidCraftKiller

we're not ripping on them for not being online all the time well at least not me what I'm trying to say is we need more staff to help evenly disperse the load of work so we dont have to bother one mod to come on everyday for an hour. I get it playing one game for a long time gets boring but an hour or 2 is always ok.

11. Hyperie

Hyperie Active Member

If it were only a matter of having active staff they'd make me mod, I'm on 12 hours a day every day because I work from home, but I'm completely unsuitable for mod. Picking out decent mods takes time.

12. Lamborghini

I somewhat agree.

13. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

I agree with a lot of your points, but I don't quite agree with this.

I mean in certain situations such as with past inactive mods where they really couldn't be on at all, yeah I'd agree, but in situations where after a month or even two months they can go back to being active again, I see no reason for them to resign then have to reapply and be repromoted in order to moderate again. That would just mean we have one less person able to moderate when they can go back to moderating.

14. Max

Max Janice's Mentor Premium

You guys need to understand that this job is completely volunteer work. I know that it’s already been stated, but apart from our love for Mineverse there is no other motivation for us to work here. Stop treating it, and us, like this is a paying job. We volunteer here in our free time, some have more than others, and some have to make free time to be around here.

Trust me, I know it’s not fair having to deal with hackers and spam bots and who knows what else without anyone to tame them. I just need you guys to realize that it is a lot more stressful than you think it is, and a lot of us are trying our best. I myself have been inactive for roughly 3-4 weeks now. I have no problem admitting to that because my life has just been very hectic. Other mods have been in the process of finding, packing, and moving into a new house recently. Others are stressing over going to college and what they’re going to major in. There are a few moderators who are able to be on a lot; handling reports, being in-game, dealing with the spam bots, and we appreciate them more than you know. We also greatly appreciate the players who are actively reporting rule breakers for those of us who aren’t able to be in-game right away. We do acknowledge the positive players in our community and know that you guys are helping because you care about the server too.

Instead of complaining about the staff team, why don’t we all come up with ways to improve it? What do you guys think we could do to help raise moral and motivation? Maybe it needs to be a joint effort, like being less toxic in-game so that moderators aren’t under as much pressure and feel more comfortable in-game. Anything you guys can think of we would be happy to use to improve the staff team. This isn’t a war, it isn’t Staff VS. Players.

Noobcrew is open to suggestions, he is active within the staff chats and is willing to hear new ways to improve the server so give them to us! Go deeper than just a new anti cheat. We are more than well aware of the feedback for that. Give us anything you can think of.

• Like Like x 4
    15. Lamborghini

You need a promotion.

16. KidCraftKiller

just to be clear even though I said it a million times. My main goal is to convince staff that we need a vpn ban because it would help the server a lot. no matter how much staff we have it wont change the fact that some loser logs on every day at night with a vpn and spamms the server with a bunch of bots. I undertsnad that VPNs help many players but at the end of the day they do more hurt then help. Most real life businesses take this into account before implementing something. I report at least 5 plays a day who each bring 20 bots at least and ruin the experience for our donators our regular players and make the staff hop on the server late at night when they should be enjoying themselves. maybe add 1 or 2 new mods and ban vpns and boom our staff problem is gone!

17. Lamborghini

Unfortunately, exploits have advanced farther than bhoping or spams/KA/KB. Good suggestion though.

18. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

This explanation pretty much nailed your question.

19. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

This thread has gone inactive more than 30 days. Posting in threads that have gone inactive this long is considered grave digging. Grave digging will result in the thread being locked and possible warning points applied to your account.

Feel free to read our forum rules on grave digging.

This thread is also going to stay locked, enough hate and arguments have been made on this thread and threads like it.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.
      Thank you.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.