x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE [AUS] GizzBots Reborn Application [KitPvP/OP PvP/GTA]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by GizzBots, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. GizzBots

GizzBots Well-Known Member

Welcome to my moderator application.

I've decided to start my application a little bit different - you'll see. Certain parts will be taken out of my previous moderator application.
      To start:

Personal Portion:

IGN: GizzBots

Age(This does not matter, so please be honest): 15.
      Timezone: GMT +10, Australian Timezone.

What languages do you speak? Only English fluently.

Some things about yourself to include(So that we can better understand the type of person you are, not just about what you'd do as a Moderator, this is a chance to fully express yourself and show us what you're like):

I'll admit I'm a strong personality. I'll admit that I have my times, but I'm here to comit myself completely to the server. I'm here to moderate. I'm applying for the community, not for a tag or perms.

I see a growing need for moderators that are capable and ready, and I believe my time has come. I can do this, all I need is the opportunity. I'd like to become staff not only because I want to help but because Cyp wants me to help. I've shown what I can do, and I have experience. I'm a fast learner, I am able to portray a professional look and am willing to do it.

I request that you give me the chance. I'm not just asking Cyp but I am asking the whole community. Forget the bad times we've had and put it behind us. I'm here to help.

Want to know more? Here's my intro on Mineverse:
      http://www.mineverse.com/threads/gizzbots-intro.36714/

And my intro on Skyblock.net:
      http://www.skyblock.net/threads/the-life-of-el-gizzbots.73862/

Moderation:

What are some qualities that would make you a good staff member?

-=- Empathy -=-
      By definition, Empathy is said to be the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. A moderator needs this to understand the position or the challenge that a player maybe facing. With this said, I believe I show empathy on Mineverse, and I embrace it as a key attribute of how I act on Mineverse.

-=- Honesty -=-
      Obviously a moderator needs to be trusted by their peers, being the players, as well as other staff and as a whole, the community. I have been raised in a poorer family, and I've learnt the hard yards. My mum has always said to me that I need to be honest to get far in life, and I embrace that as well. Honesty is the core essential attribute that I think everyone needs. I physically cannot tell a lie unless it is for the benefit of majority. Having the inability to tell a lie will help me be a strong and loyal moderator in the Mineverse Community.

-=- Loyalty -=-
      This is an attribute that is evident to becoming a moderator on Mineverse. I have displayed this attribute in the way that I am punctual to being on the forums everyday without doubt. I appreciate the server and the work that has been put into it, and with that being said, I give my word that I am loyal to it.

-=- Professional -=-
      One might say that being 'professional' is not a major factor of being a moderator on Mineverse. A strong part of seeming Professional is your look in the community. This is how you type, the tiny mistakes that you make, and even the ordering of words that you use. Being professional as a Moderator is used in the way that if you were Mod, you are part of the face of Mineverse to the community. I present this attribute daily in the way that I strive to improve my look in the community, as well as looking on my grammar as much as possible.

With this being said, I strongly stand that people shouldn't be judged for their grammar harshly, unless it is beyond readable.

-=- Respectful -=-
      When I first joined the Mineverse forums, I'll admit, I was excited. I may of seemed to be a bit of a douche, and I don't want to be seen for that. Over the past few months, I've been trying to improve the way I treat people, and I think I've gained success in this. I always have open arms to welcome new people, and respect peoples opinions and rights to speak freely.

-=-- Strict but fair -=-

I have then ability to be strict whilst being fair, and I am capable of treating everyone in appeals/reports regardless of whether they are friend of foe.

-=- Mature -=-
      Yes, I'm an average 15 year old male, yes I have my times, but when it comes down to it, I am mature when needed. I won't hesitate to do what is necessary as a mod on Mineverse, and I sure as hell won't misbehave or misuse the commands or as some would say, 'powers' given to me. I have the ability to buckle down and get to a point, and I intend to do that, moderator or not. With this said, there is nothing wrong defending ones self.

-=- Helpful -=-
      I am constantly moderating the chat, looking for people to help. I am always, 100% willing to help anyone that needs help. In game, I strive to improve the community in any way possible, and if that's what needs to be done, I'll do it.

-=- Work Ethically -=-
      There are many factors that give one the ability to work ethically, and I believe I possess every last one of them. These include integrity, quality of work, sense of responsibility, discipline and a sense of teamwork. As a moderator, I'd shine this attribute to do my job as a moderator effectively and appropriately.

-=- Active on Teamspeak -=-
      Because of this I am always reachable, meaning that when needed a player can get in touch with me regardless of whether or not I am on one server or another. If a player needs help, I'll be there(considering my timezone).

-=- The Ability to spot Hackers -=-
      I am able to spot hackers extremely well, and have had plenty of experience in this field. I report hackers a fair bit, in fact I believe I have had more hackers banned then most mods.

Why would you be useful to the staff team?
      I'm active. I've got the recording system as well as a quick screenshot program to record and take screenshots of the proof necessary for the servers which I am applying for. I look at things from a unique perspective. I'm always reachable, whether it be through Skype, Teamspeak or the Forums.

What can you bring to the mineverse community/staff team?
      What is needed. Activity, professionalism, capability and spirit.

Why should you become a Moderator, what is your motivation?(Answer both)

My motivation is my ability to help, and that I can see that help is needed. I log onto these 3 servers daily to see no moderators on but a large amount of people. These servers have hackers, and I've had more hackers banned then most of our current mods.

What is your previous experience for Moderation?

I've been staff on a server in which Cyp and the Mineverse build team are familiar with - Dwarfscraft. ;)

I have also moderated on a Towny server. I resigned on both servers, was not demoted.

Server/Forums:

How long have you been playing Mineverse(We would prefer you to have played a while before applying, as to ensure you have given yourself time to get to know the community, but please remain honest)?
      I originally joined the forums to appeal for an incorrect ban, but I've been on the forums since September 18th, last year. Before that I had played the server for a while with my cousin but was not familiar with the community.

How much time can you dedicate(per day) to moderating the server, as well as the forums?(Include both schedules/answers)
      I believe I can moderate upto and above 4-5 hours a day, including time on the forums.

Monday: 4:30-10:30pm.
      Tuesday: 4:30-6pm, then 7:30-10:30pm
      Wednesday: 4:30-10:30pm
      Thursday: 4:30-6pm, then 7:30-10:30pm
      Friday: 4:30pm-11:00pm
      Saturday: 10pm-12pm(depending on when my soccer game is), 2pm-10pm.
      Sunday: Same as Saturday.

Do you currently have any infractions on any of our servers?
      No, but I have previously been banned twice incorrectly on Mineverse.

Preference:

Which of our servers would you like to moderate, if accepted?
      I would like to moderate KitPvP, OP PvP and GTA(when it comes out). If you are only willing to accept me for two servers, I would like KitPvP and OP PvP. Here's why;

KitPvP
      Well this is the server where I basically started playing and I have tried my best to help out on there. I believe I have what it takes to give KitPvP what they deserve and improve the experience for most, if not all players. I also know that it is lacking mods and is neglected especially in the 'hacker' area.

OP PvP
      OP PvP is the second server which I have always joined and once again, I believe I can change it in a positive way and help out a lot on there.

GTA
      With this server soon becoming the 'new server out', I would like to be apart of it since the beginning and help to strive to ensure that this game mode ends up the best it can possibly be. Also, with it being new, I am aware that mods will be needed to help out here, and I believe I am quite capable in doing this.

What timezones can you cover most?
      Australian GMT +8-12 ish.

Do you have skype/teamspeak(Teamspeak is not required, but preferred.):
      Yes, I have both and am active on both.

Thank you for reading my Application.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    2. ImTopmass

ImTopmass Boss Member

Is this a different template?

3. GizzBots

Yep. It's one that Annual suggested. It covers all points in the other template, just formatted differently.

4. ImTopmass

ImTopmass Boss Member

That suggestion wasn't even added..?
      Are you not supposed to use the official template?
      Also I support.

5. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

Support although you should calm down with the trash talking, it's good that you report hackers but don't rub it in their faces.

Good luck! :)

6. GizzBots

It has all the information, I checked, so I don't see a problem. If the other template is necessary and I am told, I'll happily switch. :)

Thank you btw Mr Topmass.

7. GizzBots

Thank you Mr Elric, I've cut down on the trash talk. I hope you can see that soon. :)

8. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

Aww I wasn't first :(
      You and I may agree you could work more on the respect part aye? ;) If not anything else, have my support.

9. GizzBots

ily bby. ty 2. :shy:

Will try :lol:

10. PandaBear__

PandaBear__ Guest

11. TENSION

TENSION Experienced Member

nu suppurt fgt.

jk u hav ma supurt scuuub

12. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

Support

13. Kirito

Kirito Experienced Member

Support

14. Van

Van Boss Member

Support.

15. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Support.

16. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

No support.

17. KingAlex

KingAlex Well-Known Member

Support.
      After seeing how you handled things on skyblock after the report, you did great!
      You are active and a good player/ reporter.
      Full Support.

18. MCExplore

MCExplore Experienced Member

Supporttt gl

19. TheOnionWarrior

TheOnionWarrior Experienced Member

Shapport bud c:

20. Electric_

Electric_ Well-Known Member

Support. :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.