x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Bedwars: The Hackusations Are Real

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by HurrayItsRaining, May 29, 2016.

1. HurrayItsRaining

HurrayItsRaining Active Member

First, I would like to say that I get it. I'd say a little less than half of the people playing bedwars right now have a hacked client installed. I know this more than most because I probably submit more reports than the majority of you. I have really terrible internet (0.2 Mbps upload) so when I upload a vid for a report my internet becomes unusable for most things. However, this post is to say I'm frustrated with the constant hackusations directed at me...but I think I know where they are coming from and I don't blame you for being suspicious. I want to clear it up. The first two clips are proof for an individual that accused me. The third is for me to point people to when I get accused of hacking in general.

I get accused of:
      Aimbot: It's true, I hit the mark a lot of the time. I'm not skilled with the bow so much as I am skilled with prediction. I am very good at looking at your movement and interpreting where you will be before you get there. The third video (the 3 combined took 4.5 hours to upload) highlights that when there is choas or if someone moves unpredictably, I am terrible.

Shooting where I'm not looking is I guess part of the aimbot hack. Look at my playstyle in the video. A lot of the time I don't bother watching where the arrow goes...I shoot and quickly look for a new target. This I think explains what people may be seeing. Lag will compound this effect. And it's obvious in the video that I get a lot of lag.

Running while aiming: The first clip shows that I do have to stop moving to aim. This hackusation I think comes from what I've already said. I shoot and quickly look for a new target. If I'm moving across a bridge I might send a quick shot and get running to clear it without hanging around to see what the arrow does.

Antikb: I'm appalled when people accuse me of this because I get so frustrated when I feel like most people only take 50% of the knockback that I take. The second clip is for an individual who accused me of not taking kb when he was punching me. You can see that just before that a single punch sent me 7.5 blocks!

http://plays.tv/video/574b590f00f06a265f/i-dont-hack I know he only had the basic bow because of the damage I took and the shot was nearly head on, and out of habit i was at the edge of the block closest to the shooter so of course I didn't get knocked off the bridge.

http://plays.tv/video/574b5cd8e0eb1d2ad8/so-stop-accusing-me The 7.5 block hit right before I apparently was taking no kb from the punches. It's a seamless video showing I didn't "turn my hacks off"

http://plays.tv/video/574b64eda0fffaf249/more-i-dont-hack This is how I shoot the bow.

/Rant

2. aurabuster

aurabuster Active Member

I've been accused of running with a bow, too. The trick is to jump and start running the moment you fire the shot, but that can be misinterpreted too. I've recorded hackers on KitPvP that actually have noslowdown so I know what it looks like. Sometimes I get accused of aimbot but its mostly by inexperienced players.

3. Swift

Swift Boss Member

From looking at this evidence, I can easily say that Hurray does in fact hack.
      No doubt.
      100% true.
      joking

4. leafu

leafu Experienced Member

i feel u man

5. Swift

Swift Boss Member

6. HurrayItsRaining

I would call hax on that too. 100%. I know you will never believe me but that has to be an artifact of lag.

7. leafu

leafu Experienced Member

are u gon appeal

8. Swift

Swift Boss Member

kinda do believe you, I don't believe you would spend all of your time recording hackers and then hack yourself, waste of time. @Sando3 said that NoSlow is a cause of a failure of resource packs (in this case SpiderVenom_'s game)

9. HurrayItsRaining

The clip was taken May 28th, I do have a session video for that day. 3 hours worth. If I can find that scene I will appeal. If not, I wont because It 100% looks like hacks. I can't explain it..

10. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

You can't trade with a bow drawn. Its a visual glitch

11. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Probably like when you see people trading while blocking with their sword, that's a 1.9 glitch in 1.8.

12. HurrayItsRaining

I couldn't find that video. She must have uploaded it on a different day that she recorded it. Apparently this is a known visual glitch that has to do with spinning around fast and shooting bow (which is my playstyle). You shoot the bow but the arrow doesn't fire (I get this a lot) then everyone else will see you running with your bow drawn.

I will be appealing this.

13. jalyn

jalyn Experienced Member

I agree with your point. The false accusations need to stop. To help clear up the rumors or false accusations then you should make a video showing off your files and pc so that no one can say you hack.

14. Arabic Bear

Arabic Bear Well-Known Member

Stop hacking kid
      just kidding xD

15. HurrayItsRaining

I would gladly do this but someone could easily say I just move the files, SS, then add them back. What we really need is something like microsoft uses on some of their software to verify that you are genuine/authentic before you are logged into minecraft.

16. jalyn

jalyn Experienced Member

I agree! That is a even better idea.

17. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Well other servers allow you to hack, so you could easily say "Yes I do hack but not on this server"

18. Jess

Jess Active Member

Contributing factor to these issues. Most players (not specifically here, just in general across all minecraft servers) have absolutely no idea what "hacks" really are and what they can and cannot do.

For instance, a bow aimbot cannot predict where a player is moving to or change the path of the arrow after shooting, it will only shoot directly to where the player was when the bow was fired. If you are hit while moving it probably wasn't an aimbot.

Another one I hear a lot is "insta-kill" hacks or "damage hacks". Which isn't possible, you can't change the amount of damage you've dealt. You are also limited in how fast minecraft registers hits. Even if you were using kill aura with the setting to 100 hits a second, you could only register one or two of those hits and they would only deal normal damage.

Also, a lot of the issue with people complaining about Anti-KB comes from them being utterly clueless about the situation they're in or not knowing how knockback works. "Omg, you're not getting knocked through that block right behind you, hacks" (true story, I was once banned for "hacking" on a different server because I wasn't getting knocked through a solid wall and that's apparently "anti-kb", makes sense, right?). Or someone just not understanding how sprinting, jumping and other gameplay effects knockback mechanics.

Or, just ragers that can't admit they lost because they're not as good as the other player.

19. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

Thank you sir!

20. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

I get accused of hacks a lot, even though I'm a lost cause when it comes to pvping.