x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Infection map [Forest]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ilikeicecream83, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Ilikeicecream83

Ilikeicecream83 Experienced Member

Hi there @staffordjr9 and I made a new infection map! Hope you like it!

Description: The map is called "forest" It used to be forest2 but that no longer exists. The map, in some ways is very similar to forest but in many other ways it's not. Like desert2 or currently desert we decided to make a remake of forest. The map has a lot of good spots and features. We hope you enjoy the map, and cyp will consider adding it. Video is below! Hope you like it!

In the video stafford does not show the trees but just realize that there are multiple ways to get on top of the trees.

Before you comment "no support" remember not all infection maps have to be extremely detailed or complex. What matters is that they are fun too play on, and will attract newcomers to join infection. Many maps we currently have are very simple but yet extremely fun to play on. Such as jungle, forest, stronghold, or desert.

Wanna see the map yourself? Do /p h Ilikeicecream83

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    2. Clone

Clone Experienced Member

Support.

3. staffordjr9.

staffordjr9. Active Member

4. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

No Support.

5. staffordjr9.

staffordjr9. Active Member

Could you explain why?

6. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

It's simply unoriginal.

7. Ilikeicecream83

And because the map is "unoriginal" It would be completely boring and a waste of time to play on? So what if its "unoriginal?" I guess this map cant get added because its not original enough. There are plenty of maps that are unoriginal on infection, many of them just took inspiration from real biomes and places in minecraft, just like we did. This is why we made the map, all these maps that people submit are extremely complex and detailed. all people support on is maps that look good and fancy. Infection needs more maps like this. Details dont make an infection map good.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    8. Rhodes

Rhodes Experienced Member

make all the clay into natural blocks then suport, my eyes wanted to stab themselves during that video with how bland it was, support if you change blocks!!!;)

9. Ilikeicecream83

Sorry but this won't happen. We were trying to go bold with the pink trees and clay theme. Why do you want us to change to natural blocks? In my opinion natural blocks would be more boring then clay (not that I'm saying clay is boring cuz clay is amazin)

10. Ilikeicecream83

11. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

Support

12. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Support. But there are no good spots, I think it will end up being like temple or desert2

13. Ilikeicecream83

Ok seems fair, but like I stated before stafford does not show the ways to camp on the trees. If you would like to check out all the spots on the trees do /p h Ilikeicecream83 if you have any ideas for more spots let us know

14. Scorv

I'd just like to say, get rid of the trap door to underground, and do that with the water too unless you extend the water down into the cave, otherwise humans will have no chance underground, and a big part of the map is disliked my most users, it should be a challenge for both zombies and humans. Although just being a human is hard enough :wacky:because you can't spawn back as a human and the zombies keep coming:walkingdead:.

Also I don't think the lava parkour gives much of an advantage, zombies can just run an ad jump a the humans knocking them into the water.

And with the hole in the side, you should make a staircase or something to get down there, because the edge jump has already been used in other map:PP.

Those are the only problems that need to be fixed in my opinion.

15. Ilikeicecream83

Ty I will ask stafford about this, and we will probably make a few changes

16. Ilikeicecream83

Ok I removed the 2 entrances to the mine, now the only way is through the main entrance I hope this makes it better.:) We might post an updated video later. I will see what to do with the lava parkour I'll probably make it harder or something

17. Scorv

Good. For the lava parkour, you could try making the lava pond wider, thus making it more difficult for the zombies to run and jump, also giving more time for humans to shoot the zombies.

18. Ilikeicecream83

19. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Hey dude,

Cool map! I like the colour and clay you used. It's a very creative idea. :)
      However, you could try and change that mineshaft? I got exited at first, but upon realizing it went down to a tunnel system I didn't enjoy it. Maybe have it lead to a small room? Or a difrent exit?

I love how you placed the trees. Very jumpable. :D Maybe you could make a few traps? The classic trapdoor mistake? Or the oh so favourite ''Lava Trap''? (Person gets trapped in cobweb, falls down to lava or is slaughtered)

Conclusion.
      I like it, I would love to play Infection on this map. Support!

20. Ilikeicecream83

Thank you! We are glad you like it. So to be clear you are saying we should destroy the mineshaft that goes below the ground? I don't really understand. We did remove the entrance through the trap door and the lake so there is only the one in the side of the hill, but we did not update the video yet. So if that is what you are talking about its fixed. :) Also I like the spider web idea we might add that.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.