x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Mineverse Official Plug.Dj

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ImJustAndrew, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

I'd say Neutral. I used plug.dj once, and I didn't really like how bunched up and complicated it was. Dubtrack is legit a chatroom, and a song playing with a upvote option. Also comes with a playlist.
      Plug.dj has all of that, but theres these really weird and even a bit cringe-worthy avatars which cost money to customise, from what I recall. Don't quote me on this.

It was the original though, but isn't Dubtrack better?

2. Daniel27D

Daniel27D Active Member

I'm not a big fan of plug.dj, but support

3. Exstatisfy

Exstatisfy Boss Member

As the Co-Owner of Mineverse's Dubtrack, I cannot support this.

We had our reasons for choosing Dubtrack over Plug.Dj, and we'll stick to it.
      And since we already have a room like this, I don't see us up and leaving it for another program anytime soon

4. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

the judge has spoken!!

5. _Rlxtreme_

_Rlxtreme_ Experienced Member

Well, what were the reasons? You can't believe that the people who support Plug.DJ would understand you going to Dubtrack rather than Plug.dj without a reason.

As for me, I have some extended information comparing both sites. My information compares the population, simplicity, and just sheer quality of what each site gives.

Population.
      pic 2.png pic 1.png

As you can see above, you notice a few things. First off, Nightcore and EDM are both the most popular music rooms on both sites (exception for Dubtrack, FNAF group had that night of the picture a group going that had up to 52 people). Now, while Nightcore and such is being decided on for genres allowed, we must consider the population.

Obviously not everyone in Minecraft uses or plays music on either site, but some do. If we want to expand our advertisements for our server and encourage people not only to be in our room, but our server in general, then we will need to look at the best site people are using. On the above pictures, this is accurate representation of both sites during the week (even non-holidays). Nightcore music room on DJ.Plugin has 166 people in that room versus Dubtrack Nightcore group that has 58 (same comparison to EDM).

While not everyone is active, many times they are chatting and spending time on the chat. The more people there are in the room, the better it is on the rank (the most population rooms get the top room spots). Essentially, the more people you have, the more advertised your room is on the site. In this case, DJ.Plugin is a better site for advertising and populating our room with guests. Of course we would also need to allow genres that are popular on both sites to encourage people to join, but that's another subject for another time.

Simplicity. While you could argue, Dubtrack is simpler, that doesn't make it better. I consider simplicity as a topic as in everything can be reached at anytime on the site and could be easily accessed. Compare the two pictures below for examples:
      pic 4.png pic 3.png
      The first thing that I notice is DJ.Plugin is simpler while more complex. Yes, more options, more buttons to push, but more customization to make it unique and different from other sites. While yes it might get confusing for new users, its quite simple once you get used to it.

On Dubtrack, when on your playlist menu, you only see the playlist, the current song and your avatar. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. On the flip side, DJ.Plugin allows you to see:
      Your avatar, your playlist, the current song, the chat in the room you are in, the ability to mute the song or adjust the volume, to be able to rate the song as well, be able to check the information of the music room you are in while you are in the playlist menu, and so much more. The possibilities of simplicity is endless for DJ.Plugin while Dubtrack is limited on what you can do where you are. Yes, a simple site is good, but I'd appreciate to have access to everything I can do on a site on every page (Note, you can most things from the playlist menu along with the main menu of DJ.Plugin).

Quality. While yes both sites give you the fastest way to join a room, queue up a song and even chat, a few features are different. Avatars for example are already designed on DJ.Plugin. While yes they are "Cringy" to some, I find it a bit of a family friendly scenario rather than a pain. One of the rules in the MV room is to not curse and just basically be nice and respectful of others. That being said, you can have any PfP (Profile Picture) on Dubtrack (unless reported I assume). So, some random dude can join with a inappropriate avatar or a group of them and start breaking rules left and right in our room. On DJ.Plugin that scenario never happens if they can't have custom avatars. Yeah it sucks for the nice PfP's, but this is a good trade. Plus, the avatars aren't half bad on DJ.Plugin.

All in all, I think DJ.Plugin was better back in the day before it shut down and most people did as well. When it died and Dubtrack was left, people went over there, which is mainly the reason why we suggested Dubtrack rather than DJ.Plugin. Now that DJ.Plugin is back, many users left Dubtrack to rejoin DJ.Plugin and you can see that DJ.Plugin out populates Dubtrack by a large margin. So, in conclusion I support changing over to DJ.Plugin over the Quality, Population, and Simplicity of the site.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    6. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

No Support.

I prefer keeping Dubtrack instead of replacing it with a different and anonymous website that could maybe not work. (I do not have experience with plug.dj)

7. _Rlxtreme_

Plug.DJ is highly known as a good site in fact its as good as Dubtrack and was online awhile back. I believe a year ago it shut down due to not enough support to the website and it just recently came back online from a sponsor. Hundreds of people are now on it and in fact more people are on Plug.DJ (according to my post above yours) than Dubtrack.

8. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Ok, this sounds interesting. But, I am keeping my decision to no support.

9. _Rlxtreme_

Totally understand it for someone who is foreign to Plug.dj. If you would explore it some maybe you could understand. either way its cool by me.

10. Surge

Surge Boss Member

No Support, i prefer Dubtrack.

11. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

Neutral:)

12. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

As stated by most, I also prefer Dubtrack. We've spent a lot of time and work on this room and have even become friends with some of the Dubtrack admins - whom have helped us a bunch in making our room better. It has just so much sentimental value to me now.

Dubtrack also has features Plug DJ doesn't that we like having... Such as the way the ranks are set up, and much more.

13. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

The legend herself has spoken.

I got perm banned for using alts anyways. Requesting close.

14. Exstatisfy

Exstatisfy Boss Member

Thread locked on request.
      If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.