x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Mvdi's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Malc, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

Preface
      On December 31st, I decided to close this application with the thought that I'd never open it again. It wasn't until recently that I even considered re-applying, but here I am. This has been on my mind for a few weeks, and honestly I was hesitant, as I wanted to be sure that this was what I wanted, and was convinced that I'd never be promoted. I then realized that this isn't about me, but my want to benefit the server in any way I can. Whether I am promoted or not, I will still continue to play on Mineverse, and will not 'quit' if I am not given a chance on the staff team.

Apology
      I'd like to apologize for the times I've rate abused or broken any rules on these forums. I honestly never thought things through, and I should have. I have the best intentions for the server, so you can count on the fact that I won't make those stupid mistakes again. I hope you're able to forgive me for what I've messed up on, and understand that it's not going to happen again.

Age, Location and Activity

I am fourteen years old, and I live in the United States of America [Arizona, UTC (07:00)]. I am able to play on the server for around 4-6 hours daily on average, and the forums for ~8+.

Experience with MC and MV
      I have been playing Minecraft since June 2013, and Mineverse since around the same time. Mineverse was one of the first servers I ever joined, and I fell in love with it right away. Yes, I've tried to leave a few times, but I couldn't for that reason.

In Game Name
      My current in-game name is "Mvdi". If you would like to know what all of my previous in-game names were, you can click here.

Language
      I am only fluent in one language; English. I do know some basic Spanish however, and will do my best to assist foreign players.

Ban History
      I have never been banned from the server, though I cannot say the same for the forums. I have been banned on multiple occasions for violating the rules (specifically rate abusing and use of profanity), however as I said previously, these silly mistakes will surely not occur again.

Experience with Moderating
      I have been moderator on a few small servers, as well as a Prison Guard on this server in the past. I know the basic perms that I will be given as well as how and when to use them. For those who might be wondering, I resigned from my position here after a good 2-3 months due to school. This should not be an issue this time around.

Capturing Evidence
      I use Bandicam to capture video evidence, and I also have Gyazo, Snipping Tool, and F2 [in MC] to capture screenshots.

Qualifications
      Maturity:
      I believe that I am capable of handling the moderator position for a variety of reasons; one being that I am mature. Yes, I have been quite the opposite in the past, but I have also shown that I am able to be mature when I need to be. I understand that moderators are supposed to set good examples, and although I haven't done the best job at that thus far, I have been much better about that lately.

Awareness: I am also very aware of what is going on around me. For example, if a player is spamming or using profanity in public chat, I am very good at spotting those kinds of things, and reporting them. Also, I am always one of the first to notice if a player is requesting help, so I usually message them to help to resolve their issue. If I see any form of disrespect or harassment going on I usually always do my best to stop it from escalating; however if I am unable to do so, I report it.

Patience: I am very patient when it comes to assisting players and waiting for things in general. I also understand that some things cannot take too long, such as a response to a ban appeal, report, etc., which is why I will deny/close them after a decent amount of time. I don't like to rush people in any way; I like to let them take their time. However if it is urgent I will make sure that they are aware of that and that what I am in need of needs to be provided to me soon.

Approachable: I'd like to think that I am a generally kind person who is easy to approach, and not intimidating to anyone. I do my best to remain active in the chat so that people know that I am easy to talk to and that I am willing to help everyone and anyone in need. Sure, I joke around with friends at times, but I never call them mean or immature things in public chat. I don't do this because it may cause me to come off as rude or disrespectful to the players who do not know me, so I try to keep things like that to myself.

Dedication: Dedication is one of the most important traits that one needs to possess to be an exceptional moderator because if you are not committed to the server you are working for, it's almost pointless to do so. Like I said, I am a long-time member of this community and I love it very much. I am hardworking and will be sure to take my job very seriously. I understand that moderating is a privilege that is only rewarded to the ones who are the most deserving, and if I am granted it I will remember that and not take advantage of the opportunity I have been given.

Knowledge: I am knowledgeable of the rules, expectations, etc., and I will/do do my best to meet/follow all of them. I know right from wrong, when it is okay to mess around, and when it is not. I know a lot about this server which, in my opinion, would make me a better moderator than I would be if I didn't know the server so well.

Experience: I am experienced with the moderation side of both the forums and the server, as I used to moderate the Prison game mode here, as well as a few smaller servers that had similar perms to Mineverse. I know the appropriate punishments for different offenses, and if I am unsure about something I will ask. I will never go through with something that I am not entirely sure of. For example, if I am handling a report, and I am unsure of whether or not the player(s) deserves to be punished, I will check with a mod(s) to get their opinion before doing anything with them.

Hack Detection: I have gotten much better at identifying hacks (proven in my reports), which would obviously be very beneficial to me as a moderator. I have had trouble with this in the past, but because I have been spending a lot more time on the PvP servers, I've learned how to notice them better.

Trustworthy: I am trustworthy, as well as honest. I will always be sure to tell the truth, no matter what the consequences are. Honesty is the best policy and I have learned this. I will never lie to save myself, or to blame anyone else. I will be sure to tell it how it is. I am also a really bad liar so I couldn't lie even if I wanted to.

Unbiased: I am not biased. I will make sure that I don't show favoritism whilst doing my job, and will punish everyone who deserves to be so, appropriately. I know that I have been somewhat biased in the past, but it will be different this time around if I am promoted. Everyone will be treated equally and fairly no matter who they are. I understand that I have been accused of being in a "circle" of people who I would abuse for or leak to, however I do understand that moderating is a privilege and I wouldn't let something like that ruin it for me. I respect the fact that the information that is shared in the staff chat is classified, and I will not let it get out without permission. I would also never abuse for someone I "like" more than others, as that is silly and there is no reason for me to.

Questions that I may receive:
      Why have you made so many applications?
      Well, I was very unsure of whether I wanted to be a moderator or not in the past, though now I am sure that that is what I want.

How do we know that you aren't going to resign again?
      My reason for resigning was that school was going to start soon, so I wanted to get it over with before I became overwhelmed with school work. I then realized that I was going to do another year of online schooling, which left me with plenty of time to moderate. I didn't know this at the time. I am doing school at home this year, which again, will leave me with lots of time to focus on the server.

Conclusion
      Thank you for reading this, and again, I apologize sincerely for my actions in the past and I will do my best to make sure to not repeat the same mistakes. If you have any questions (or suggestions) for me regarding myself, my application, my behavior, etc, feel free to comment below or private message me, and I will do my best to answer all of them to the best of my ability. Also, if there is anything that was left out, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    2. ParanormalPizza

ParanormalPizza Well-Known Member

Neutral, please follow the template and be more active in-game

*EDIT* Guys, what I meant was that I would like her to include the questions to make it more understandable. I can see that she has answered each question.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    3. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

She is. ;)
      The questions are placed in a different order (and she also added some questions) but it's still following the template.
      For this application I'm Neutral as I'd like to see you in-game more.
      Good luck.

4. Talia

Talia Experienced Member

Support

5. Tepig4321

Tepig4321 Well-Known Member

omg yes support

6. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

^

7. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Add a :eh for neutral xD

Support.

8. TADS

TADS Guest

Neutral. Madi, you're a great person, I'd just like to see you in game more.

9. YRVintage

YRVintage Guest

It is? #LOL "Yeet" #MLGPRO #UGOTREKTBYTHATGUYFIRST.. #Iateyou

10. YRVintage

YRVintage Guest

Anyways back to the more important point I was making, as you look down in this comment, you will most likely see

Support

11. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

I always thought of you as being older. :>

Support. Just be more active in game.

12. Rodeen

Rodeen Boss Member

Neutral
      The only GameMode I see you on is skyblock. Become active on all for my support. :>

13. alma

alma Boss Member

You definitely have my support.
      You're kind, helpful, caring, experienced and just all around an amazing person. I'd love to see you become a tad more active on a few of the game modes though, good luck. :) <3

14. Smiley

Smiley Legendary Member

Support.

15. Coastic

Coastic Well-Known Member

Support.
      - Active on forums
      - Knows a lot of the community
      - Knows all of the rules
      - Has had past experience here
      - Is very helpful/friendly

Just become more active on the server, as people have already said. <3

16. Malc

The questions are all there, I just put them in a different order. As for my activity in-game, I am working on it. Thank you :>
      Thank you :)
      Thank you guys. Don't worry I'll be more active soon. :)
      Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated. If there is anything that you would like me to improve on please let me know.

17. Linux

Linux Boss Member

Support

18. Malc

I appreciate it, thank you.

19. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

You're active in-game and hecka active on forums. You surely know your way around both. From what I've seen, respectful/mature in-game. I think you'd make a good mod.
      Support :)

20. Malc

Thank you Develinge <3

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.