x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Story Writing Competition

Discussion in 'Giveaways & Competitions' started by Chain, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Frooes

Frooes Experienced Member

Have you ever wondered how easy it is to mix up reality and illusions?

That very question had been bothering 20-year-old Abigael, a black haired female with pale skin and pastel blue eyes. Over the past years, her life had been taking a sharp turn to the worse. Losing her parents, boyfriend and now sister. Each person had a special connection to her:

Her parents: a secure attachment bond which can never be broken. The bond between a child and his/her parents is one of the strongest things to break, but it can be cracked easily and quickly. Whether it be abuse, death or abandonment, the bond can snap with literally, a snap of fingers. A fight broke out between Abigael and her parents, causing them to drive somewhere in order to cool down. They were out for hours, until a house phone rang. The phone went to voice-mail, since the young female was worried sick of what could have happened. All she could remember was hearing the words: "Kasey and Helmik Myhre died at 11:36pm due to loss of blood. Their car was found in a ditch, with both Kasey and Helmik gasping onto their life."

Her boyfriend: one of the only people she could trust. Like all relationships, they would fight but always made up. The red haired male, Albony, had a physiological disorder, which made it difficult to grow close to him. After many ups and downs, the duo finally became close enough to trust, and love. They could have been considered the "perfect couple." He left one day, to go out into the military. A few months later, a letter was received, informing that Albony had been shot dead in the line of duty.

Her sister: a sibling bond. Since her sister, Kira, was older than her, she would always tease Abigael about being the elder sibling, even though they were twins and born 8 minutes apart. Putting that aside, they always stuck together, like two peas in a pod. They liked the same things and always worked together. She had fallen into the drug and drink addiction side of the world, along with depression. Kira was found dead in her room, a bottle of pills and whiskey in her hands.

Now, with nobody left, Abigael pondered what to do next. "The birds fly away from their problems, making it seem so easy to run," would be murmured under her breath as she walked through the empty, dark streets. She gazed over at a tall building, the lights from the windows illuminating the roads. "Not now.... I'll try later, wouldn't be a good one if nobody was around to see." The female dismissed the short-lived idea with a shake of her head, long black hair moving with her. "Guess it's time to go back home..."

After walking home, she felt dread rush through her veins, sending a shiver down her spine. She sighed and pulled her jacket closer together in an attempt to keep warmth. The young adult stopped at the door of a dark Cape Cod house, biting on her lower lip with nervousness. Reaching out for the knob, she turned it, opened the door and walked inside cautiously, closing the door behind her. Everything was still there, nothing physical had changed. The once bright atmosphere, though, shifted to a depressed and tension filled one.

She kicked off her sneakers and began to walk up the creaking stairs, not bothering to turn the lights on. While on her way to her destination, she passed her parents and sister's room. Abigael did not look over at each door, since the memories of what happened still haunted her. She arrived at her room and gave a shaky sigh, almost filled with fear and regret. The female opened the door and walked inside, the moonlight lighting up her small room. Walking towards her bed, she collapsed onto it and felt as if she was falling through it. "W-What..." was all she was able to mutter, pastel blue eyes widening with astonishment before she saw the black, granite ground in her sight. In reflex, she spread her arms out and tried to fly, but nothing worked. She hit the ground, and everything turned bright.

Abigael jumped up out of her bed, her small figure shaking. "You had quite a shock there, kid," said a casual voice, almost sounding identical to hers. She looked over only to see someone who looked exactly like her, just taller and had a more bold personality. "You look like you've just seen a gho--" the person's statement was cut off as Abigael embraced her into a hug, crying softly. "I-It was just a d-dream..." she looked over out the window, only to see a blue jay on the ledge. When making eye contact, it spread its wings and flew away to join its family. With that bird flying away, the disheartened female thought as if a burden on her shoulders was lifted away and went along with the blue jay. A small smile appeared onto her face as she stared at the bird until it was no longer seen.

------
      Stinks, I know.

2. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Hmm sad and emotional. I LOVE IT.

No, you described things very well, perhaps the plot could've been better. :>

3. Frooes

Frooes Experienced Member

That's what I was thinking xD
      But I was like: nahhh, it's okay I'll stick with it

4. kei

kei Well-Known Member

This is a relatively short story/poem compared to the other ones as I don't have much time right now. I'll most likely be able to whip up a better one later

where are you mom, where are you dad?

Where could they have gone? I surely thought I was behind them...

I start to panic. I'm not lost, am I? What if I can't find them?

I feel numb inside. Despite the warm, humid weather, all I feel is cold. Like there is a raging storm within.

WHERE ARE YOU MOM, WHERE ARE YOU DAD!

My heart thumps louder and louder, harder and harder, until the point that it hurts. I'm a fish out of water.

WHERE ARE YOU MOM, WHERE ARE YOU DA-

KIM!
      What are you doing! We told you to meet us by the water fountain!

I peer out into the distance. BOOM! I take off like lightning

Feeling relieved, I'm finally re-united with my parents.

5. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Can I PM it to you? It's too long to post here.

6. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Sure.

7. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Experienced Member

Never said they had to be clean :>

8. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

They don't have to be.

9. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Experienced Member

*writes dirtiest story ever*

10. ArchiePlaysCOD

ArchiePlaysCOD Active Member

The clock striked 12. Johnny was creeping down the stairs. Just one peek at his Christmas presents. He saw something outside, so he jumped out the window. Many birds flew in the house, but he didn't care. The thing was jumping about, and had bright eyes. Quickly, he attacked Johnny. Johnny ran inside and saw one of his presents shaped like a gun. He opened it and it was a BB gun. He used that to try and shoot the thing but it didn't really work. It attacked johnny more. Johnny's neck was bleeding badly.
      At that time the birds came. All of them crows with very sharp beaks. They ripped the things flesh apart and Johnny ran back. He could hear his father and mother screaming. He ran to bed.

It was then when he woke up. It was all a dream.

VERY LOOSLEY BASED OFF THE RAKE

11. jezz

jezz Well-Known Member

I'd like to enter! :)

12. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

I pm'd you mine

13. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Haha, it's quite engaging and quite intense, I think had you spent more time on various aspects of story writing it could've turned out better. If you want, I can PM on how this could be improved.

Go ahead.

It was received.

14. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

end THIS

15. Teeeb

wait chain did u get my stoRY

16. Clones5

Clones5 Well-Known Member

@Chain

17. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

I this straight after you posted it but I forgot to respond. It's a nice story with a good plot.

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Once upon a time there lived a girl named Terreecia who was from the ghetto, Terreecia has 2 dads because her mother can't remember which one she was sleeping with at the time she feel pregnant. Terreecia is 14 years of age and dropped out of school to forfill her life long dream of working at hooters, Terreecia earns a good amount of money but spends all of it on breast plants. One day Terreecia was running to kfc and dramatically fell over in slow motion, when she feel her ginormous breast popped and killed her and half of the country. The army thought this was a bomb attack and started world war III.
      and they all lived happily ever after.... The End.

19. yeahsquirrel

yeahsquirrel Experienced Member

Once upon a time, there was Minecraft player that decided to go on to the forums and make a story writing competition. Not everyone knew who this was, but those who did know said he was named Chain. Chain had found a thread from another forums site quite interesting, so he decided to do the same on the Mineverse forums. After a while, many people had seen it and were already making stories. Then one day, another Minecraft player decided to make a story, his name was @yeahsquirrel. and then he posted that reply.

The End

20. Levis

Levis Boss Member

There was a witch but someone found out he actually was a wizard. She suicided. Life is hard..

END

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.