x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Suggestion] All Global Moderators

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dustox, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Dustox

Dustox Active Member

I think that all moderators should be global once again.
      Okay, so the reason it was changed to pick two servers to moderate was to keep mods active on those two servers.
      The thing is, they could be global just so they could help out, or deal with reports, and they don't necessarily need to be active on all of the game modes.
      It would be a lot more helpful for all mods to be global. There are a lot of times when people need help on a certain gamemode,
      but a global mod is not on and the mods that are on aren't moderator on that gamemode.
      Yes, I do realize people probably have already suggested this.
      I just think it would be more helpful for the community for all mods to be global again.
      ~Dustox

Pile:
      The idea of being restricted to only helping players on 2 game modes seems unfair to the rest of the server. Especially if the player in need of assistance is on a game mode with a mod who has gone inactive.
      Hypothetically if a player needed help on a server that I was not staff on I could have easily solved his problem if I was global, but instead he is forced to wait for help.
      In theory restricting the mods to 2 gamemodes seems like it would help to keep mods more active in game, when in fact time has shown that to be just the contrary. Mods are less active now than ever before.

Sanity/Grayson:
      If someone is global, but isn't active there, so what?
      They can still do reports on the servers that they are not active on.

gianni:
      It would really help the server [if all moderators were global].

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    2. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

Agreed, when it's like 12:00 A.M (Central Timezone) there's no moderators online.

3. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Support. I hate it when I see a mod on-line on the forums, but then I realize they are not a mod on the game mode I play. And I also think the reports will get done faster because there will be no waiting for either one of the few global mods or the mods for that server to come on

Although the 2-server mods do have there merits, such as there is less responsibility and therefor less stress

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    4. larrythebird101

larrythebird101 Boss Member

Moderating all the gamemodes can be difficult for some and I can guarantee some wouldn't moderate certain gamemodes. The problem is the lack of moderators for a fairly large server.

5. ChloyyBear

ChloyyBear Well-Known Member

I think that they should still be global. Yes, keep them moderating 2 servers mainly but if the case arises where help is needed on another server they can actually give some aid to other players when they need it. Not to mention help with all the darn reports.

6. xen

xen Well-Known Member

I agree that we definitely need more global moderators. Honestly, those with experience know that it's not that hard to handle more than two servers (at least, in my experience.)

7. Agent

Agent Well-Known Member

8. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

I could see more reports being done faster. This is a good idea. However, my opinion is that the Moderators should start off as being restricted to two game modes, possibly being promoted later on. Some people may not be able to do well with all the game modes. :3

9. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

The idea of being restricted to only helping players on 2 game modes seems unfair to the rest of the server. Especially if the player in need of assistance is on a game mode with a mod who has gone inactive.
      Hypothetically if a player needed help on a server that I was not staff on I could have easily solved his problem if I was global, but instead he is forced to wait for help.
      In theory restricting the mods to 2 gamemodes seems like it would help to keep mods more active in game, when in fact time has shown that to be just the contrary. Mods are less active now than ever before.
      If I was staff I would be doing this server a disservice by only accepting to be staff on two game modes and limiting my ability to help others.

10. Dustox

Dustox Active Member

Edited, I saw that I put 't' instead of "to."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    11. Grays0n

Grays0n Well-Known Member

Yes.

I have no idea why they removed it.
      If someone is global, but isn't active there, so what?
      They can still do reports on the servers that they are not active on.

Suppoorttttttttedz.

12. Agent

Agent Well-Known Member

You should add what others have been saying onto the thread for additional information. :3

13. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

As long as everyone understands that one Moderator can't be on 24/7 on every server, then I support.

14. gianni024

gianni024 Well-Known Member

Support, It would really help the server ;I

15. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

I'd love to be a global moderator. Support.

16. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

Lol, support. All dem agrees doe

17. melgrath

melgrath Experienced Member

Greetings!

I think that unfortunately this is a double edged sword. The community I think has gone both ways on moderators being global. Some threads such as this wish for it, while other threads demonize the Staff for maybe not fully understanding how a rule pertains to a gamemode, when it can mean something entirely different on another.

There was a recent thread that referenced an instance where a new moderator had not actioned in accordance with a "nuance" of a rule on prison. The Staff was referred to as untrained, should know all the rules, etc. This would be even harder if all moderators were global.

Could I tell you all of the nuances of Prison moderating even though I play there fairly frequently? Actually no. I did not know about the rule that spawned the thread referenced above. That thread could have just as easily been about many of the moderators who applied for gamemodes they know well, and know the rules of, but not others.

If the community was more willing to give the Staff a bit of a break on learning some of the nuances, great, this idea could very well work and resolve issues. If the community were to continue to demonize small mistakes and call for demotions, etc, then this idea would have the opposite effect or no effect. Fewer people would be willing to subject themselves to the scrutiny for gamemodes they may not know as well, or the moderators who did not want to risk it, would simply not help at the risk of being demoted/flamed.

So again, if the community is willing to support the staff through a transition back into this, great. If they are not and wish to maintain the status quo of today, this idea could very easily have the opposite effect.

NOTE: I do also like the idea Alexa gave of starting with 2 modes, then promoting up to a global. This would help with some of the issues I listed above.

Any thoughts, feel free to respond here, or in PMs if you feel my thoughts are out of line.

Cheers,
      Melgrath

EDIT: Added standard "Greetings!" for @Rachet

18. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

D; You forgot to put your classical 'Greetings'

19. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

In response to that thread, it should have been locked.
      Unfortunately no one stepped up to the task.

Having only ever had global mod perms I can honestly say there was no problem reading and learning the rules for every game. When new games were added we would all have to learn the new rules. I feel it's just as easy as that.

The community will be the community.
      The threads will come and go.
      Mods just need to know it's ok to lock a ridiculous thread pointing fingers at new staff.

20. Freckle

Freckle Experienced Member

Nah, there was never any mods on factions and there still never is.