x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [USA] Madi's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Malc, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

Introduction
      Hey everyone. Honestly, I didn't think I was ever going to apply for staff here again. In fact, I swore to myself that I wouldn't. However, the server seems to be improving (despite all the name change bugs), and I'd like to help out. I have been apart of this community for over a year, and I've met some amazing people; I just want to give back to them. With that being said, let's get on with the application!

How old are you?
      I am 13.

What's your IGN?
      x_MadiPVP_HD_x (I'll be changing it to something else soon, this was a joke).

What country do you live in?

United States of America.

What timezone are you in?

Mountain (UTC-07:00).

What languages are you fluent in?

English.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Yes. I am able to record with Bandicam, and can take screenshots in MC.

Why do you think you should be a mod?

I think I should be promoted to mod because the game mode that I'm applying for (Skyblock) needs help desperately. Yes, there are several bugs that need to be worked out, but I am referring to the hundreds of death warps being advertised each day, the spam that fills the chat, etc. I'm sure those things annoy everyone else just as much as they annoy me, and that's why I want to help put a stop to them. I honestly believe that I am able to change Skyblock for the better, all you need to do, Cyp, is give me the chance to.

EDIT: Since I am now applying to be a global moderator, I will expand on why I believe I am ready to moderate all of Mineverse. I enjoy helping people in need, whether it be with commands, rules, glitches, etc. I have been apart of this community for some time now, so I am pretty familiar with how things work. I know the rules, appropriate punishments for certain offenses, commands, abilities, etc. I am always trying to help out in-game, to better players' experiences here on MV. I do my best to report what I can, so that the offender(s) are made aware that what they are doing/what they have done, is wrong. My main goal is to make sure that everyone is having an enjoyable experience on this server.

What are some traits a good mod should have, that you possess?

I am prepared.
      When I log on, I open my screen recorder (Bandicam), so that if I see a rule being broken, I am able to capture it the moment it occurs. Most of the time, when I see a warp being advertised in chat, I go to it just to make sure it isn't a death warp. However, if it does turn out to be one, I already have my recorder open, and my hot key set, so I can collect the evidence I need to file a report.

I am organized.
      Organization is a big thing when it comes to moderating, because when you're banning someone, you absolutely need to have solid evidence of them doing the thing they're being banned for. I have multiple folders on my desktop to organize my evidence, and I believe this will help me a lot when I need to provide screenshots, confirming that a rule was violated.

I am active.
      As I said earlier, I am very active on Skyblock; 4+ hours daily to be precise. When I am online, I am always talking in the chat, whether I am greeting players when they join, answering questions, etc. Almost everyone that plays Skyblock knows me, or has seen me around, and although that may not mean much to you, I'm sure it could help me in one way or another.

EDIT: Since I am now applying to be a global moderator, I will expand on how active I am/can be on all of MV. On average, I am online for 2+ hours every day. However, if necessary, I can be online for at least 4. I am working on becoming more active on every game mode, too.

I am patient.
      When I am helping players, I do not grow angry with them if they don't understand what I'm saying, I just try to explain it differently. Eventually, they begin to understand, and I make sure they know what they're doing before moving on. I will never rush a player to reply to me, unless it's urgent, of course.

I am aware.
      I am always watching the chat to make sure no one is swearing, being disrespectful to the server/players, spamming, etc. Though if I do witness these things happening, I capture the evidence I need, report it, then move it to the correct folder(s) on my desktop.

I am responsible.
      If I make a mistake, I will own up to it, and do whatever I can to make it right. I won't blame other people, or mention names of the people that may have been involved (unless I have to, of course). I don't like making things more dramatic than they need to be, so I won't.

I am not biased.
      If someone I knew were to break the rules, they would get the same punishment as any other player would. I will not be tougher on players that I've had a bad history with, and I will not go "easy" on the players I'm friends with. I do not like to show favoritism while moderating, and I never will. All players shall be treated equally by me.

How long can you be active on the server each day?
      Monday-Thursday: 4hrs+
      Friday-Sunday: 5hrs+

Have you ever been banned?
      No.

Do you have any past experience as a mod?
      Fortunately, I do. I used to moderate a few small servers, that went down awhile ago. Also, I recently gave up my Helper rank on a server called Call-of-Craft. Not to mention, I also used to be a Prison Guard here. I was just promoted to forum moderator on bananaman11223's forums aswell (update: resigned).

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been playing since late 2013 I believe, but I didn't join the forums until early March of 2014.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application (if you did)! Whether you support me or not, I'd like you to share your reason(s) behind it. If you don't support me, is there anything I can improve on? If you do, why do you support me? I would love to hear what you guys have to say. :)

Side note: The things said in the sections I've made edits to still apply, I've just expanded on them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    2. Annual

Annual Experienced Member

First!
      Support. (I'll add reasons after)

- Nice: Throughout the time I've known you all I have seen from you is being nice to people, including myself, when certain others may not be, I find this important in becoming a Mod because it shows you can forgive past issues and move along with problems, it is a very good trait in my opinion and one of the major factors of gaining my support.

3. Electric_

Electric_ Well-Known Member

Support. :>

4. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Legendary Member

SUPPoRT!!!

5. Yin

Yin Boss Member

You already know.

6. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

Thanks a lot. :)