x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Change the kits

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Salvation, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

(Only applicable on sub-servers with kit starter/kits that give you food)

Hello, I'm Salvation and I am Jewish. I have a friend and he is Hindu. We discovered recently whilst playing the survival server, that /kit starter only provides beef. I'm Jewish, and true to tradition, I don't eat pork. My friend, however, also staying true to his tradition, does not eat beef. It would make our lives, and I'm sure many others', easier if there were separate kits for beef & pork.

Moreover, on a slightly less urgent note, the armor used on SpacePrison is leather, and as an animal activist and friend of Hinduism, it'd also be greatly appreciated if it was not mandatory to wear said leather, or if it could be changed to something like iron.

Thanks for reading,

Salvation

2. AxeGodGoku

AxeGodGoku Active Member

Support. I'm hindu, and on OPPVP all they offer for food is beef D:<

3. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

okay so,

I do understand where you’re coming from, I do. please don’t take this as an attack to your, or any, religion, I am simply just expressing my opinion.

Firstly, the food. Yes I understand some religions cannot eat certain meats due to the animals being sacred / other reasons within the religion. I’m sure the only reason beef is given to players in kits to is because it fills up your saturation bar the quickest, therefore using less resources & being more convenient for the player. Being a vegetarian (i know this definitely isn’t the same thing as avoiding meat due to religious reasons, but still), I would obviously opt out of eating meat in person, but since this is a block game, I can let it slide, for the convenience of the game. (I would also like to add in OP PvP you can eat golden apples to sate your hunger, and most game modes have /feed for ranked players)

Same with leather armour. I would never wear animal skin in person, but due to the convenience of the game and also the variety of colours you can get with stardust on spaceprison that is dependant on having leather armour, it’s a small inconvenience that overall benefits the community and the gamemode.

I realise I have no right to speak of religious preferences, but as an A-Level student in religious studies, i’m sure it’s only the consumption of some meats that is prohibited, as well as the wearing of clothes in person, and performing these actions on a block game isn’t a violation of these rules.

Again, please don’t take any of this as an attack on your views or any religion, I’m just speaking my opinion.

I would also like to add that mineverse tries to be an inclusive community, but wishes to steer clear of religious debates and asks players to keep their religious or political opinions to themselves for the good of the community, as this is a minecraft server / forum and is not based around religion or politics.

I’m really sorry but I can’t support this thread. Beef is given to players as it is the most efficient way of filling the saturation bar, and leather armour is given in spaceprison for cosmetic purposes that fit the gamemode. This is a block game and there are rules on the forums and discord that explicitly say to leave religion / politics out of it. Again, please don’t take this as an insult to your beliefs, I am simply going along with the rules of the server.

I hope you can understand where I’m coming from.

4. DeathAuras

DeathAuras Experienced Member

sums up whatever I wanted to say. I understand where you're coming from but this is an online multiplayer block game and beef/pork is simply the most effective food(In Minecraft) to fill up your hunger and it also stacks up to 64 which is why it's used in kits(you could make a separate suggestion for a kit of pumpkin pie but for op there really isn't a need for food, except for gapples, only thing this would be good for is kitpvp but then again most ranks have /feed or /heal)
      https://i.gyazo.com/1fb74126e7035d16e1521a88a3d6fd62.png

5. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

I'm fairly confident this is a troll post. If it is, it seems to have worked somewhat.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Thank you for your feedback and the time you put into your response, and I don't take any offense to anything you said.

My point about the food is that there are two "best foods" in Minecraft, meaning that any given religion, unless a religion that doesn't eat either pork nor beef, could eat ether or. So inside of a kit that gives food, say kit starter on survival, you could perhaps get pork AND beef, instead of what I originally suggested:
      I understand that this is just a "block game", but me and my friend are very passionate about our religions, and it might not be a big a deal as I'm making it seem, it just doesn't feel right.

The leather armor thing isn't as big of a deal, it's just that in Hinduism, the cow is sacred, so if at all being able to opt out of that, that'd be great. Again, matters far less and if it inconveniences a whole gamemode just to cater to a small minority, probably isn't as important in the grand scheme of the server.

I was unaware of this, I'm truly sorry.
      Not everyone can afford a donator rank and there are two "best foods".

7. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

No one will ever stop me having a nice bloody 14oz steak or a bacon sandwich.