x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Discrimination

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Archive' started by Mega_, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

So my last thread was closed because it is "Discrimination".
      According to English law, discrimination is treating someone unfairly due to these reasons:
      • gender reassignment
      • marriage or civil partnership
      • pregnancy and maternity
      • race
      • religion or belief
      • sex
      • sexual orientation

Being illiterate isn't on there, so I would like my thread to be opened back up. Here is the link.

Tagging people who should see this
      @kinsey_kid
      @Torch
      @Jubkopu
      @Puaple

2. Puaple

Puaple Experienced Member

Well, I mean, it is discrimination. Language discrimination. For a definition of this, click here.

3. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Here is the rest that is cut off. It has nothing to do with the ability to read or write.

Language discrimination is the unfair treatment of an individual solely because of their native language or other characteristics of speech, such as accent, size of vocabulary, and syntax. Language discrimination does not include discrimination based upon an individual's appearance, but rather focuses upon the style of speech used by an individual.

4. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

It could also come under discrimination based on a disability due to dyslexia. Class and level of education can be used to discriminate as well. The reason 'being illiterate' is not specifically mentioned on that list is because the creator of the list likely didn’t want to list every possible thing that can be used to discriminate against people with also it can come under many of the branches mentioned in the list.

Please look at this definition of discrimination as well https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d...efox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=W6XiWPvjCaz38AfCoJTICw

https://gyazo.com/6161db3a2ecb8af5e482b05512d000df

Discrimination - The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. Being illiterate can be a category.

5. Puaple

Puaple Experienced Member

Well also,

Language discrimination is the unfair treatment of an individual solely because of their native language or other characteristics of speech, such as accent, size of vocabulary, and syntax.

And,

Language discrimination does not include discrimination based upon an individual's appearance, but rather focuses upon the style of speech used by an individual.

The style of speech could mean that it has either an accent or a speech impediment.

I'm not going to continue, but good luck getting it back. :)

6. Jubkopu

Jubkopu Active Member

You are irrelevant. Please do not mention my name in any future threads about this topic. I watch all the threads and i will reply on one when i feel like it. Thanks.

7. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

Your suggestion was closed because it was a ridiculous idea that is insulting to say the least. We don't infract users for being "illiterate" and we never will.
      Stop please.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.