x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive Duplicityyy's Moderator Application :)

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Duplicityyy, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Duplicityyy

Duplicityyy Experienced Member

Hey, I'm Duplicityyy, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. Here's my moderator application! I'm hoping for your positive feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------

My in-game name:
      Duplicityyy

What timezone are you in?
      I'm in Pacific Standard Time.

What country do you live in?
      I live in the United States. I live in Los Angeles, CA.

What languages do you speak?
      English is my main language, but I know Spanish as well. It's not perfect Spanish, but it can get the job done.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      I use Bandicam for recording evidence, and I can obviously take screenshots on my computer. I use Imgur (Yes, I know that's old) to post the screenshots online and from there, I'll be able to send the link to a report that I'm making. Hackers and rude players ruin the game we love. I am always ready for someone breaking the rules or just being flat out toxic. I can't stand toxic players (something I'll be talking about in part 3 of the next question), it bothers me, because we don't play here for toxicity, we play here to have a good time.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I believe that I'm capable of becoming a great moderator for the following reasons:

1. I'M ACTIVE. I'm online every single day, I could be online all day sometimes. Especially the weekends, where I stay online all day no matter what. If it wasn't for this pandemic, I probably wouldn't be on all day long, but I'd still be active nevertheless.

2. I'M A VERY HELPFUL PLAYER TOWARDS THE COMMUNITY. Every time I see a player asking for help or some tips on how to play, I'm always there to step in and tell them the best tips and tricks to being successful in Mineverse. I've helped countless players over the time I've been on Mineverse and it's a great feeling knowing that I'm helping someone else out because I remember being a new player. I was in the exact same situation as they were at one point.

3. I'M VERY KIND, NEVER TOXIC. Something that bothers me a lot is a player who tries to get under someone's skin by being toxic or rude. I can't stand players who think they're all that just to grab the attention of others. My goal is to bring positivity to Mineverse, have fun, and make new friends for the time that I play here, and I think I've done a great job at doing so.

4. I'M UNBIASED. Something I would not do as a moderator is take a certain person's side just because I'm good friends with them. It's unprofessional and it's clearly not fair for the player that I don't know very well. Whoever is in the wrong during that time, I'll confront them or tell them off, whether they're my friend or not. I want all players to be treated equally whether you're unranked or a Titan, or if you've played for 1 year, or in my case, almost 7 years on Mineverse! If we're friends and I for some reason don't take your side of the argument, I hope you understand why, I don't hate you, and I don't hate any players.

5. I'M TRUSTWORTHY. In the near 7 years I've played on Mineverse, I have NEVER scammed another player. People around the server tend to trust me easily because I've been such a loyal member to Mineverse. If you don't trust me, that's completely fine with me (You can ask others who have trusted me in the past if you'd like), but that's not gonna stop others from trusting me. If you're reading this and you have some feeling of trust towards me, thank you! Anyways, something that I will NEVER do is scam or cheat someone out of their money or items. That's not how I roll at all. I think we've all been scammed before and it's a terrible feeling that I don't want anyone else to go through. I've been scammed a crazy amount of times, and something I want to do is punish the players that give us a hard time. It came to the point once where I was starting to spend my in game money to get scammers banned, just to show everyone how upsetting it is. It's really not cool whatsoever, and it just ruins the experience of playing here, and I want players to have a good time while playing on any of the gamemodes here.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can be online pretty much all day. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is. Especially since we're all in quarantine and we can't really go anywhere, so this just gives me even more time that I can dedicate to being on the server and helping out others.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I've been playing Mineverse for almost 7 years. I joined Mineverse during the summer of 2013. I first started playing Skywars. Then, I moved over to OP PvP for about 2 years, then I moved over to OP Prison for about 2 1/2 years (BRING BACK OP PRISON), and now I'm most active on Skyblock and Infection, but I always log into every gamemode a few times a day. I was 10 years old at the time, I am now 17 years old, and I turn 18 in October. #BRINGBACKOPPRISON

What punishments have you received the past 9 months? (Forums & In-game)

I have been banned ONCE in the past 9 months for hacking. The ban took place on December 5, 2019. It was a dumb mistake that I made, I promise myself and all of you that it won't happen again. Since then, times have changed, and I have most definitely learned my lesson.
      I have never been punished on forums or discord.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I've had experience as a moderator in the past, but it wasn't much. I was a moderator on a small server, but that was years ago. Since then, I haven't applied to any other servers, as Mineverse is literally the only Minecraft server I enjoy playing on. This is a re-application (I applied last year), and I truly believe I'm deserving of becoming a moderator for Mineverse!

Do you meet all of Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?
      Yes, I do.

Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Yes, I do.

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Yes, I do.

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Yes, I've been on forums for over 4 years now.

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?
      Yes, I have Discord.
      Duplicity#9496

Once again, thank you for taking some time out of your day to read this, I really appreciate it.
      Stay safe, wash your hands, and PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING!

- Dup <3

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    2. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Neutral, Maybe add some more detail to your application if possible? Try do more reports also then I'll switch to Support. Good Luck :)

3. Duplicityyy

Will do, where do you think I need more detail? I'll work on that asap.

4. Carbonyx

Carbonyx Experienced Member

Re-support :)

5. rent

Just mainly on why you want to become mod, you could maybe add the questions in before? Just so people know when reading, which paragraph is which.

6. Duplicityyy

Thank you <3

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about putting in the questions, but now that I think about it, it would have been a good idea hahah. thanks though :)

7. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

In your last application, why didn’t you say you were banned on kitpvp when people asked about your activity on there?

8. Unbreak1

Unbreak1 Active Member

Neutral, reasons were stated by Rent, but also I don't really know you. We never talked (which is no ones fault) but I'd like to have an impression of what kind of person you are before giving you a support or a no support.

Besides from that, your app is very.. dull? I feel like it's a bit rushed and some more thought could be put into it? Might just be me.
      Good luck!

9. Duplicityyy

I did say that I was banned, go back and read it. It's the second to last message.

I don't know you that well either but I have come across you a couple of times. I'm a nice guy and can for sure see us becoming friends.

You can read my old application right here if you would like to, I do agree that I didn't put as much detail in this one as I did in the other one, but no I did not rush this application, I took my time. I will make edits to this one in hopes of getting support :)
      https://www.mineverse.com/threads/duplicityyys-application.151087/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    10. rent

I trust you'll make plenty of reports and be active in game and on forums from now. I support, good luck :)

11. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Welcome back bro support ;)

12. iToggle

iToggle Active Member

Supportie

13. Duplicityyy

tysm, much love <3

14. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

Neutral, add more detail to your application, also I've only seen you twice in-game (both times playing skyblock)

15. Duplicityyy

Do /seen Duplicityyy on all gamemodes, it could be because we're in different time zones. Also, where would you like me to add detail, because I'd appreciate your support :)

16. Grayman

"Why would you like to become a mod?" for example, normally it should be longer than that, people want to trust you as a mod and that question is probably the most important

17. Duplicityyy

Just edited the whole question ;) check it out now!

18. Matt / MCMB123

Matt / MCMB123 Active Member

19. Grayman

Changing to support, just work on reports and activity across all of mineverse

20. Duplicityyy

Thank you guys! <3

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.