x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE Electric_'s Moderator Application. [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Electric_, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Electric_

Electric_ Well-Known Member

[AUS] Electric_'s Moderator Application.

Intro: Hello guys! My in-game name is Electric_. Right now, you're seeing my mod app. The main servers/game-modes I'm hoping to moderate is Op PvP. Everyday, you'll see me on both servers. I mostly spend 1-2 hours on one server. I'm not a new player, I have joined on the 23rd of October, 2013. Although I have may joined on forums a bit late. I am a really nice person and I will help the community get better.

How old are you? 13.

Your in-game name: Electric_ (Old in-game name was DownDeep27)

What timezone are you in?: Eastern Australian Time-Zone. [UTC+10:00]

I believe that some or most people here live in America, so that's where it leads to time-zones. It can be a different time on both sides, for example; over here it's 11:00 AM in the morning and for the others it can be night time.

What country do you live in?: Australia.

What languages do you speak?: English only, although I'm starting to learn Portuguese.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc): Usually I screenshot for proof for the particular report, however I'm deciding to record so that the report is more easier to be handled. So the recorder that I'll be using is bandicam & I usually screenshot normally or otherwise I use gyazo.

Why do you think you should be a mod?:

There are many reasons why I would love to be a moderator. Op PvP is the main game-mode I enjoy. Although, Op PvP has rule breakers that effects the community. It's not only Op PvP, it's almost every game-mode that's full of rule breakers. It's a possibility that there could be more, who knows? I've seen so many people hacking on the particular game-mode. People uses hacked clients to prove them better, but there has to be a stop to this. As for me, I am very calm, not showing too much anger towards people. At most of the times, I am sort of imperturbable, which means I do not get upset or excited at some times or all the time, which totals up being calm. Well, on the other hand I do not trash talk to people like as if I did something wrong or they made me do something negative.

On the other hand, people swear and abuse players on this game-mode. They accuse players hacking and so on. Also, people advertise servers and websites. There can be a improvement for this particular game-mode and server. This game-mode has many problems and they have to be fixed, but It's not just this game-mode, it's also the server. As a moderator, it's a huge job and I think I can handle dealing with reports, ban appeals and so on.

Mineverse doesn't have many moderators. Everyday, there are at least over 1,000+ players and they do need moderators to handle their situation(s). This has happened to me, not only once, more than 5 times and it's not easy to try and capture our situation. I can handle reports, situations, and so on.

I do also see no moderators on any of the game-modes I go on. I believe that most moderators live in different countries, so there may be problems during the time. There has to be more moderators on this server otherwise hackers will just keep on coming and continuing hacking. I have seen players hacking and making it unfair for others, that makes them have the opportunity to hack as well. More moderators, less problems. Rule breakers do problems that effects the server and community. I am capable to handle situations by my own. But when it comes to rule breaking, then that has to be a ending for it.

I always see people abusing and threatening others. Not only that, advertising. People do PM/tell others a server IP, a website and so on. Hackers are a problem towards to the server. Flying gliding is one hack that most hackers use. It get's annoying for players that they always have to record/screenshot them and upload. Once there's a hacker, it's always game over, and that will not happen once there will be more moderators.

There are more reasons why I should be a moderator:

• Honesty: I am very honest to players and I do not lie. For eg. I tell the truth, I share what exactly happened at the particular point. I give them honest so they can feel the way they are suppose to be.
      • Friendly: I am a really friendly person. I don't argue or fight with other people to create a flame war, and so on. I do not swear or abuse if they try to start a fight/flame war with me, though I am really strict for their actions and behavior towards players and moderators.
      • Calm: I do not trash talk. I remain calm in any way, even if someone tries to make be angry or depressed, that doesn't usually happen. I'm always relaxed & in control of who I am.
      • Active: I am active in-game and on forums. I'm usually available for around 3-4 hours. But I try staying active. I sometimes have trips/holidays which doesn't allow me to stay active. I could be afk at times if it is important.
      • Responsibility: As a moderator, it's a big duty handling situations. I know how it is like being a moderator, and it's not that easy or hard. I have the capability to handle reports, appeals and so on.
      • Lack of Moderators: Everyday, I at least see 1-2 moderators on one game-mode. There are players having problems and situations, though the moderators are sometimes busy and are doing activities on the forum, and that's why we need more moderators to see what is going on. On Op PvP, there's absolutely no moderators when people need their help. I believe there should be enough moderators on each particular game-mode then there would be no arguments against this topic.
      Usually on forums, moderators are never online; https://gyazo.com/d01afaf8918849ca4c1358fe72788d4e
      • Mature: I am a mature person. As I am 13 years of age, It doesn't mean I am immature. Everyone has a different personality, and this is a fact. I do not rage if something negatively happens. I know what I'm always doing as I am in control.
      • Kind: I am a really kind person. No, I don't swear or abuse players. Kindness brings a smile for lots of players and that's how they're suppose to be. I do not like to make people sad, which does create problems. If I'm kind on forums and in-game, it mostly directs being kind in-real life.
      • Knowledge: I'm a experienced person. I have been playing this server for almost 2 years. I know the tools and commands for a moderator. I know how to use these commands wisely as a moderator does. There are many commands that I have known for a while now. Which are;
      - /fly
      - /god
      - /mute (player) (amount of time) (reason)
      -/ban (player) (amount of time) (reason)
      -/kick (player) (amount of time)
      -/tp (player)
      -/tempban (player) (time) (reason)

How long can you be active on the server everyday?:

In-game: 2-3 hours.
      Forums: 5-6 hours.

Note:

• I can be inactive due holidays/trips ( Though if I'm free then I can stay for another hour or so. )
      • My eyesight.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?:

I have been playing this server for around 2 years.

Have you ever been banned in the past?:

Infection: Yes. I've only been banned once for using a mod that wasn't allowed in particular servers which was sprinting toggle. I've learned what problem/mistake I have done. Everyone learns from their mistakes.

Do you have any past experience as a mod?: Yes, but they are only mini servers. I've done some practicing on the servers by testing out commands, etc. So I'm hoping to get a chance to be a mod on a big server.

Which two servers would you like to moderate? (Recommended pick the two servers you play the most):

Op PvP is the main game-mode I go on and enjoy on. I'd like to moderate this game-mode because I sometimes never see any mods. But every moderator will get a chance to be global, so I will have the ability to moderate any game-mode.

Supports: 90
      Neutrals: 2
      No supports: 4

Thanks for using your time reading my application. It's much appreciated. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    2. Realizinq

Realizinq Well-Known Member

Support
      edit: ur a nerd

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    3. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Support ;>

4. Feurin

Feurin Boss Member

Support. More information would be nice.

5. Electric_

Thanks Greg. I really appreciate it.

Thanks! :D

Thanks! I'm working on it.

6. Echoed_

Echoed_ Experienced Member

Support, but a lot of information and formatting needs to be added/corrected. Here are my suggestions:

Center the questions and answers, as it looks more professional.

When you say how long you can be on, it would be more helpful to say each day instead of parts of the week.

More traits, as they are the main part of the application and what people can judge you on the most. Also, add more information to the traits. Each trait should have about a paragraph of information within them.

Lastly, (This is not entirely needed), but maybe add some smilies and colors, because it makes the application look better, and that you have fun on the server.

Good luck on your application!

7. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I'll give you a support, but things could be added.
      • Additional information under the heading "Why do you think you should be a mod?"
      As stated above about the colours and smilies, they are not needed at all. The application does have to look good, but colours are just a preference thing that are not needed.

Good luck! :)

8. Electric_

Thanks for your input. I'll work on what is meant to be added and fixed.

Thanks!
      I'm adding more info/detail.

9. Bombmasaur

Bombmasaur Experienced Member

Support.

Make sure to add more information though.

10. Electric_

Thanks. :)

Thanks! I'm working on it right now.

11. Van

Van Boss Member

Support.

12. Nightfire

Nightfire Boss Member

Support

13. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

Support

14. Electric_

Thanks Van. :)

Thanks Night. :D

Thank you! :>

15. Dark

Dark Experienced Member

Support ;)

16. Electric_

Thanks jack. :)

17. Electric_

18. jbrowndog

jbrowndog Active Member

Support.

19. MischaEy

MischaEy Experienced Member

support

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

@DownDeep27

Let My Support Be With You :D

SUGGESTIONS:
      - Add more on the traits part (about how your traits would help you if you become a Moderator)
      - Just briefly explain what you did when you were banned and how you have learnt from it (More specific)
      - What do you think is the main or biggest issue in the Mineverse Community or the Forums? Etc.

GOOD LUCK :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.