x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Infection Gamemode Adventure

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Carbonyx, Sep 24, 2019.

?

?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Carbonyx

Carbonyx Experienced Member

Block glitching has become commonplace on Infection, especially in spots with parkour. Can't do the parkour? Block glitch your way there. Easy.

This raises a question. Why, in a gamemode that has nothing to do with the world besides walking on it, are we even able to interact with blocks in the first place? /gamemode adventure takes two seconds to do and it would solve block glitching permanently.

Some arguments against adventure mode:
      • Airstrikes will no longer work.
      1. Airstrikes in general are already broken. They must be placed, not right-clicked, on an opaque block, which does not include glass, leaves, ice, water, stairs or slabs. All of these blocks are very prevalent in a majority of maps on Infection, so why not start by changing airstrikes as well? Bones are activated by a right click; why can't airstrikes be?
      • I need to destroy blocks to be able to play.
      1. This is a personal problem and I don't have any argument against it other than "sucks." Nobody I've ever talked to needs to compulsively destroy blocks to be able to play PvP.
      Arguments for adventure:

1. Block glitching will no longer be possible. End of story. You cannot interact with blocks without a tool with the CanDestroy NBT tag.
      2. Players can still interact with dogs and other players. PvP won't be affected in any way.
      3. It's literally one command. Change the gamemode to adventure in the world data for the Infection server, command block /gamemode adventure @a, or simply /gamemode adventure. There is hardly anything that is easier to do than change the gamemode of a world.

2. JustExposed

JustExposed Experienced Member

Already suggested neutral