x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive hrary mod application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by hrary, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

❆Your in-game name❆
      My IGN is hrary.

❆What timezone are you in?❆
      My timezone is Eastern Standard Time (EST)

❆What country do you live in?❆
      I live in the USA.

❆What languages do you speak?❆
      English is my only fluet language, I know a little bit of spanish but not much.

❆Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)❆
      Yes, so I have both OBS and Gyazo.

❆Why do you think you should become a mod?❆

Active

For the last couple of weeks I have been on the server for 3-5 hours each day. I am on kitpvp and infection a lot. Other than that, I stopped by the other servers to see if I know anyone there to say hi to them, and see if anyone needs help with something.

Mature

Well now that I am 20 about to turn 21 I realize what it takes to be an adult. Becoming an adult puts everything into perspective. I remember when I was a kid I really had no worries in the world, I remember getting on the server and playing with kids for hours a day. Now I have a full time job, a car, a dog and many other things I have to do. I realize that you can not be childish anymore because that will get you nowhere in life.

Helpful/Caring

As the older I get I have learned that I need to help other people. I remember a time in my life before I was adopted when I had no one and nothing. When I was younger I was put into DCF and they really do not care about you, I mean some people really do care but most of the time the people do not. One of my bad memories was when I was put into a foster house and the woman who was running the home had several kids in one room, making it very uncomfortable. She would use the money to take her birth family on trips instead of buying the kids the essentials she is getting paid to take care of. I know what it’s like not having anyone to talk to or feeling like no one understands you. I just want to help people who are lost trying to find their way.

Unbiased

Part of being an adult is listening to facts and reason and not going along with something just because you are friends are. I understand that if one of my friends breaks a rule, I will have to put my feelings aside for them and punish them like any other player. I fully understand that I might have to punish a friend of mine if I get this position on the server.

People can change

I know that the job of mod is to keep the balance. Most of the time when someone breaks a rule that they will break more. I want to help people follow the rules. If I can change from being a hacker to someone who follows the rules then anyone can. People just have to want to change, and I want to be able to help them. I know not everyone will stop breaking the rules, but I’m sure some people will. End of the day if just one person stops we will have one more player.

Other

I want to become a mod so that I can help improve mineverse for the player base. I want mineverse to be back where it was in 2015-2016 with so many amazing players. I have made so many amazing friends from Mineverse. I just want other players to get that kind of friendship as well. For example a close friend from Mineverse and one of my closest friends now is BonneyBoy, and we still talk multiple times a week. We actually just met up at the end of August for the first time ever. It’s crazy to think that I met this kid online and now were are chilling face to face having a good time. It’s so unconvention to becomes friends with someone online. 10-20 years ago no one would ever think that this would be possible. More and more players are turning to the internet to make friends and have a good time. I just want to help make a space where this is possible.

❆How long can you be active on the server everyday?❆

I can be on a couple hours each day, 1-3. I want to say more but I do not want to bite off more than I can chew. I know some days it’s going to be more than that, but I also know other days will be less. I want to help the community so more than likely I will do my best to be on a lot, but I have a life, other commitments.

❆How long have you been playing Mineverse?❆

I have been playing Mineverse since late 2013 - early 2014.

❆Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)❆

I wish I could say no, but back when I first joined the server in late 2013 - early 2014 I did hack. I remember sucking at pvp, not wanting to put in the time to get my skill levels up and generally just wanting to have an easier time on the server even if I was making other people have a worse/harder time. I remember getting banned and trying to convince people that I was legit because I did not want people to know I hacked. I stopped hacking 2-3 years ago. I realized that hacking is a scummy thing to do. A big reason I do not hack anymore is because getting banned makes it so you can not play on the server with them until you get unbanned, plus it ruins your reputation in game, no one wants to befriend the person who is cheating and who has an unfair advantage over them.

❆Do you have any past experience as a moderator?❆

Yes I have had experience as staff before. I use to be staff on smaller servers with only a handful of players. That was a long time ago though. If I do become staff I know that the other members of the staff team would be willing to help me get into the routine.

❆Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No❆

Yes

❆Do you have 50 Post Count?❆

Yes, I have well over 50 post counts.

❆Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?❆

Yes I do, I have the application on my phone.

❆Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?❆

Yes, I have had my forumes account for more than 5 years.

❆Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?❆

I do have Skype and Discord, I did uninstall skype a while ago because I like discord, but if I need to reinstall Skype I will.

Thank you for reading my staff application. Feed back is important so please provide it and why you feel that way. Thanks - your friend hrary​

2. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Neutral, I haven't seen you make many reports and I have not seen you online much. And yes skype is required as a mod.

3. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Ok, I am on Kitpvp a lot so maybe that is why. Thanks for the feedback though.

4. Collin13

Collin13 Experienced Member

Support

Long time player, Is nice, would make a great staff member.

5. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Thanks Collin means a lot.

6. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

You like just came back no support.

7. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

I've been back for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the feed back though.

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

First off, try not to reply to every comment as it's not allowed, just a heads up by the way don't worry.

Also, I think you would be a decent candidate, however you have had barely any reports, haven't seen you on forums or in-game much, improve on these and I'll lean over to Support.

For now, Neutral.

9. Dr_Zanek

Dr_Zanek Active Member

OG player, has experience. Would appreciate it if you were online more. I saw a lot of good feedback from the players when they found out you were applying for mod. Support

10. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

Neutral
      Haven't seen you online these few weeks, (probably my fault because i've been on holiday), and from the replies above, it seems you've only just came back.

11. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Thank you all for you feedback. Thanks for the input. I plan on sticking around so you will all see more of me.

12. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Neutral
      Don't think I have ever seen you in game and very few reports
      Good luck :)

13. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

Huge support.
      Super nice guy and very active. Knows what hacks looks like and what's legit. He is friendly to everybody and would be a great addition to the staff team.

14. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Thank you both for your feedback. I hope I can change your mind GbDuck. Thanks for the support Vem3000

15. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Support. Dedication and commitment are always what I want to see in a mod. Someone who actually wants to put in a real effort to make a difference. Just skim through the rules and the pinned, official threads so you don't accidentally report someone with a cropped screenshot again
      As long as you stay active and do a decent amount of reports I'll support you

Yes, you have to download Skype if you get promoted ;)

16. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Thanks so much for the feedback Sando3, I have just reread the rules to make sure i'm current on them, and like I said if I do get this position I will reinstall skype.

17. asianfred

asianfred Active Member

Support! this man is so nice, and very generous. chill dude

18. Freakface

Freakface Well-Known Member

Neutral for now
      - I only see you on Kit PvP
      - You don't have a lot of reports

You are extremely nice though, and I am in love with your profile pic on forums! Will definitely change to support if you do more reports and join other games a bit more frequently!

19. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Thank you both for your feedback. Asainfred thanks so much for the suppport. Freakface I have been playing more infection and oppvp lately. Just more during the day so maybe that is why you have not seen me much.

20. Mthew

Mthew Experienced Member

+1

-Very Active

-Cared Throughout the server

-Has Experience

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.