x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA KimchiNuke's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by kei, Dec 16, 2016.

1. kei

kei Well-Known Member

KimchiNuke's Moderator Application

Introduction

I came to thoroughly enjoy this server after my friend introduced it to me. We were bored, looking for different servers and game modes to play when we stumbled upon Mineverse. We decided to play "Bedwars", which we both thought was very entertaining with a soughted twist. After he had to leave, I explored the different sub servers, taking a personal liking towards survival as it reminded me of a server I used to play on that reset. Now, I usually play on Survival, KitPvP, OP Prison, Infection, Creative, and Bedwars, but occasionally hop onto the other sub servers to see what's going on or say hello. CypriotMerkz and Noobcrew, I thank you both so very much for creating this blessed server! It's truly a miracle come true and I appreciate your hard work to keep this server running and well! :)

Why do I want to be a moderator?

I highly admire all of the moderators as they keep everyone in line, making sure that players are respecting each other. This is a big commitment and I appreciate their every action. It would be a great honor to work alongside other moderators. Another reason as to why I would like to become a moderator would be to benefit the server. I have been playing on this server for a long amount of time and it has a special place in my heart :) Becoming a moderator is also a perfect opportunity for me to build responsibility and leadership skills.

Before I jump into the whole application thing, here are some facts about me ツ

I'm Korean and I currently reside in the United States. My main personal interest is gaming. Another game I enjoy playing other than Minecraft is League of Legends (Summoner Name is KimchiNuke). Extra curricular activities I take part in are golf and martial arts. I am also an actor. With this out of the way, Let's dive into my moderator application! (If you'd like to know more about me feel free to view my introduction!)

►How old are you?
      I am currently 13 years old.

Your in-game name:
      My present username is "KimchiNuke".

What timezone are you in?
      Pacific Time Zone (UTC - 08:00).

What country do you live in?
      I live in the United States, California being precise.

What languages do you speak?
      I speak fluent English and bits and pieces of Japanese. (My elective in 7th grade was Japanese). I understand some adjectives and also know how to greet, ask age, grade, and personality. Furthermore, I understand most hiragana.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      I am able to take screenshots using the built in system with F2. As I'm on a Mac, I can use QuickTime for recording.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I believe that I have most of the aspects required to successfully moderate, which include TRUSTWORTHINESS, LOYALTY, MATURITY, and the ability to FOLLOW THROUGH. I am also active in-game and am trying to become more active the forums as well. I can stay up for exceptionally long times whereas there are a few to no moderators online as the majority of the moderators live in the U.S. If I was a moderator, it would be more convenient for other players. I've also been making a lot of reports lately but recently, moderators have stopped responding until a while after it was posted, even after I tag a few of them. I could be able to view reports and handle them when no one else is available.

FORGIVENESS:
      Some players can easily make mistakes without any prior knowledge on the existence of the rule. It's most likely that they're in a new environment, with rules they are unsure of. If this is the case, I can willingly point them in the direction of the forums, hoping they can apologize and come to realize their mistake. Depending on the situation, I would take appropriate actions. (Deciding valid punishments).

HELPFULNESS:
      In both real life and online, I try to be as helpful as possible. I can offer help to those who are new to the game mode, and are not familiar with commands and/or plugins. (Example: Claiming on Survival). If I cannot do anything, I could ask another moderator who is more experienced to help guide the player. I am also a very fast typer so I can respond to those in need of guidance.

HONESTY:
      I try my hardest to be very honest. I don't tell many lies unless it is a white lie which wouldn't harm anyone. In addition, I would never try to get someone banned due to personal reasons. Even if a loss of position was at risk, coming clean would be more important. I'm also not biased when it comes to reports. If a friend of mine just so happens to break a rule, I would report them.

▷AWARENESS: Whenever I'm online, I'm always aware of the things going on around me. I always pay attention to the chat and to players in need of help. The only exception is when I'm AFK. Otherwise, I'm always on alert.

▷MATURITY/SERIOUSNESS: I'm very cheerful, telling appropriate jokes from time to time but when it comes to moderating or helping a player, I'm very serious and I try my best to help solve the situation.

▷EXPERIENCE: As stated below, I have some experience as a moderator. I know what to do in most situations. I know all of the rules in the official Mineverse "Rules" thread. I've also tested and used a few hacked clients on single player lan worlds giving me some knowledge on how to determine if someone is using hacks or not. Being said, It's easy for me to tell whenever a player is using an illegal hacked client or not.

▷COOPERATION/TEAMWORK: I usually work well in a group. Prior to joining this server, I was a moderator on a Pixelmon server where I collaborated with other moderators to make decisions. In real life, I work efficiently during group projects. When I play in golf tournaments, I help my fellow competitors find their ball and attempt sparking up a conversation.

OVERALL:
      I can bring great affection to all of the players, while having a strong grip on making sure that all players are being treated correctly and are having an enjoyable time on Mineverse. I see many griefers, scammers, TP/Warp killers on Survival, the main sub-server I play on, and come across many hackers. I wish to help the amazing staff team resolve the many conflicts that occur on Mineverse.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      On weekdays, I can be on for 1-2 hours as I'm busy with schoolwork and extra curricular activities. During the weekends, I could possibly be on for over 6 hours. It usually depends on the amount of work I have. I usually play for at least an hour everyday and go on the forums daily.

~ To Be Exact, ~
      ▷ Monday: 1 - 2 hour(s)
      ▷ Tuesday: 1 - 2 hour(s)
      ▷ Wednesday: 1 - 2 hour(s)
      ▷ Thursday:1 - 2 hour(s)
      ▷ Friday: 1 - 4 hour(s)
      ▷ Saturday: 2 - 7 hours
      ▷ Sunday: 1 - 4 hour(s)

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I've been playing on Mineverse for over a year now as my town on survival still has Christmas decorations from last year :p. In addition, Mineverse is the one of the only servers I'm active on.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      I have been banned before. It was for team killing on Bedwars. I have come to realize my mistake and regret my poor decision. It's long in the past now and I'm a new person now.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes, I was a moderator on a Pixelmon server called "PokeMatrix". This means I know of most of the commands that you are granted as a moderator. I am also quite quick to pick up new things so I would be able to memorize other necessities/commands needed to successfully moderate. On all servers, I try my hardest to welcome and help new players with commands and what-not.

►Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No
      Yes.

►Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Yes.

►Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Yes.

►Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Yes. I would hope so ._.

►Do you have Skype and Teamspeak 3 for offline communication?
      I have Skype which could be provided if needed. I am in the process of downloading Teamspeak 3.

Thank you for considering me by reading my application! It would be a great honor and experience to be apart of the fantastic staff team!

Best Regards,
      KimchiNuke

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    2. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support

3. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

Hey kimchi, thanks for taking the time to apply here. You were very active back in the day, but I feel like you're not as active anymore.

Maybe include some things about how you will benefit the server?

You could also do some more reports. Therefore I'm going to say no support.

4. benji

benji Well-Known Member

Neutral.

5. kei

kei Well-Known Member

Thank you for your input. I've been starting to play a lot more so I thought I would re-apply. About the application, I'll add more to it :)

6. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Neutral. I've seen you ingame, but not really on the forums :)

7. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Neutral. Become more involved in the forums community and do reports. Also, get in-game more often. :)

8. kei

kei Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment! I am trying my best to become more involved and to do more reports.
      I've seen you in-game as well! I'm trying to be come more active on the forums :)

9. Clones5

Clones5 Well-Known Member

Support :)

10. Stacker7

Stacker7 Boss Member

Neutral, I recommend you just start getting to know the mineverse community better. Good luck! :)

11. proj

proj Experienced Member

Support :D

12. Griff

Griff Well-Known Member

ez support

13. kei

kei Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! :)

14. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Changing to support. You seem very polite and I can see activity increasing. Good luck :)

15. kei

kei Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support! I'm extremely appreciative :)

16. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

Neutral, sorry, reasons stated above. Good luck!

17. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Neutral.

18. Pink

Pink Well-Known Member

Neutral
      Reasons stated above
      Best of luck ;)
      ~Pink

19. kei

kei Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! Which reason(s) should I be alerted about?
      Thank you!

20. Maxine

Maxine Well-Known Member

Neutral for reasons stated above. Good luck!