x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Kit PvP Kitpvp, What needs to happen going forward.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AcePvP, Apr 21, 2019.

?

Should the KitPvP Map be Changed

1. Yes, with these changes or others left in comments.

87.5%
    2. No, keep it how it is.

12.5%
    1. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Welcome to this thread that I hope can shed light on some of the reasons that Kitpvp has died and how it can be fixed and made better. My goal for this thread is to help you understand the current issues with Kitpvp and how they can be fixed to make the game mode playable again. I apologize now if this is long and boring but I want to give my points and get the player bases feedback on this.

[+] My first point that I would like to make about what needs to be fixed on Kitpvp is the map, now I will leave this down to a poll but I am placing my bets on most players can agree that the current Kitpvp map is disgusting for numerous reasons, now when they implemented these changes I made a rant video and then quit the server because of the changes that were made but I believe that there can be a compromise can be made. Some of the features that were added into the water are trash and what most would call tumors across the map which blocks close to spawn PvP as you now have to go a great distance out to fight in the water without meeting land masses. These all need to be removed with an exception of the tower and the boat. My reasoning behind this is because the boat is a cool addition to the map and can be fun to have PvP in/on but the tumors around the map limit mobility and ruins the map. Around spawn should be a flat surface where p4 ground PvP can happen without bumping into the city of building and towers as again this limits the space to where you can PvP and have fun on a flat surface. My next complaint is when you exit the spawn hill there is a massive tumor mountain that has no need to be there which blocks the on the land path and it should fully be removed to the way that it was before it was implemented. Another complaint about the map is that you are able to hit inside of spawn in the one cave area and this should be removed or fixed. One small complaint that I have is adding back ./warp old spawn and setting up the old signs that were there. My final complaint about the map is that the flatland barrier should be removed, my reason behind this is because of the fact of all the fun times I had down there giving chase to people and having massive off map group fights on the flatlands.

[+] My second point most people probably saw coming and this would be reverting back to the old anti-cheat or fixing the current one to where you can bow boost in the water as this feature being blocked is currently crap and ruins one major aspect of skill in Kitpvp and the flow of PvP in general almost rendering the bow useless. My reason to revert to the old anti-cheat and I want to credit another post made by @CreepyClowns wanting to bring back the old anti-cheat because quite simply you can still bunny hop and fly around on the current one and at least the old one was functional but I myself as an opinion would rather that the current anti-cheat would be fixed.

[+] My last point that I am going to make it more of a controversial one but I thought I would bring it up, I made a post about this in 2016 about resetting Kitpvp and it lead to 2 Kitpvp's being made which completely went against the point. This time I think a full reset on Kitpvp would be beneficial to help create a new economy and drive for playing as items such as p4ub3d3 boots would be worth more again and actually be valuable unlike they were before. This would create the vibe of a fresh beginning and make Kitpvp crisp and new and make people want to play it but it will leave it up to the community to decide with a poll.

Thanks so much for reading if you got this far into this and I hope that you take into consideration the points that I had made and also I hope that you leave a comment with your view giving criticism to what I have said and make sure to add anything you think I have left out.

- Many thanks, AcePvP/ Ace123jimbob

- P.S. I don't know how to make a second poll so leave your thoughts about the reset in the comments thanks :>

2. Rektz

Rektz Active Member

I fully support this, many players like myself are very op with the amount of sets I have in my pv. It will be a new way to start fresh since the new players who play mineverse have /kit fight and easily get killed by the op diamond armor crew hanging underneath spawn, Furthermore I think that they should just change the whole map back to what we had in 2014. The large cactus, the mountain that led to the glass dome aka oldspawn(that's where I disagree because the OG days are what made the server rise), the insanely high launch while you're coming out of spawn, and maybe the castle because I remember that from the old days. They should also remove the invisible barriers as you stated above because chasing people down there was very fun.

3. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Yes and thanks i fully agree

Another thing that I also wanted to say was making it so that party house is in the same area and not copy and pasted anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
    4. zBuild

zBuild Experienced Member

well I didn't read this as it was too long and I have the attention span of a goldfish, but from what I understood I fully support this

5. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Yeah its a long essay on what they need to do but many thanks for your support :)

6. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

no

We tried this with both op and kit pvp and both times players simply stuck to the old modes

7. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

We don't know that for sure though. When the stuff reset, the Old op was still there, same with the old kitpvp. If kitpvp was reset, then get rid of the old one because I believe people played that more because they still had all there gear which didn't exactly give the new one a chance.

Anyways you've got my support.

8. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Personally, I absolutely loved the "new" kitpvp world they had with the four quadrants (end, nether, ocean, and forest). It was such a wonderful pvp area.

9. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks and yes, I believe that they should stick to one server but just reset the current one.

The new map that was created by Herf_ I believe at that time was good but the thing was with that map is that Kitpvp was unique due to the depth strider PvP and that map took it away and in my opinion, it ruined it but that's just me.

Reading what you put clearly shows you didn't read all the way through as I said that last time I made this post they made a new map and server which ruined the point of a reset, my idea is that maybe Kitpvp is just reset all together and kept as one server, I hope this clears things up.

10. i_am_youtuber

Ah I assumed you meant the time before.

Either way it shows people really don't care about a reset and would rather just keep playing the servers they have been. A lot of people simply like the nostalgia of the old servers

If we removed the Kitpvp now I can imagine we will get a lot of angry messages about why it was removed.

11. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

What do you mean removed? a small part that I mentioned at the end talks about how a reset could help the server, the main points are talking about how the anti-cheat and maps should be fixed, maybe before commenting read the entire post first before assuming.

Also, I said that an idea of a reset would be controversial and that it should be hashed out in the comments and I didn't really push hard for it in my post. The main idea is for people to voice their opinions in the comments such as support for points 1 and 2 but no reset. As I said, in MY opinion, I think a reset would be good for kitpvp but its time to see what others think.

12. Rony

Rony Experienced Member

True, like hackers are Flying hitting from 20 blocks away .

#SAVE KITPVP

13. i_am_youtuber

Usually when we reset something we reset the entire gamemode, get a new map, new plugins, an entire new server.

As far as I'm aware even if we did just reset bals and items and such people still wouldn't like it. There were a lot of people who hated infection being reset and that was the gamemode that really needed resets.

Now from what you say in your main post.
      It sounds a whole lot like you want what I said we usually did with resets, new server, new map, new everything, and that brings me back to my orginal point on it. That players simply don't want one.

You can't create a suggestion thread and tell people not to comment on certain parts. Otherwise if an administrator looked at it they wouldnt know what people's views on the topic were.

As for the other parts of your thread, I agree on some.

Some things from the map need removing yes, in my opinion the houses should stay considering that they can be fun, and if you really want a fight on flat ground there are places you can (especially if the border is removed)

The anticheat needs work yes, crew isn't going to get a new one however. You can help by sending us names of clients that bypass it and what cheats they can bypass with.

Also, please stop double posting. (Pm me if you're unsure what this is)

14. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

If I made it seem like you could not comment on certain parts where did you get that from?!?!?!?! maybe bad wording? my entire objective of this post is for the community saying what they want and you assuming players don't want a reset is biased because no one yet has comments I don't want a reset?

- P.S. I know what post farming is and like I have told other staff I'm not doing it on purpose but by mistake

15. i_am_youtuber

Bad wording I suppose.

I know they don't because the last time we reset kitpvp people didn't even try the new one and kept playing the old. I also know they won't like it if we get rid of this kitpvp because they get angry that we remove gamemodes that they don't even play. (Parkour for example)

The point I'm trying to get at is that if we reset kitpvp but keep the old one, people will keep playing the old one, but if we do like you're trying to say and fully reset it while not keeping the old one, a lot of people will be mad the old one is gone.

I'm not gonna comment on this thread anymore, if you got any questions you may pm me.

16. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

I really don't think you understand what I'm saying, sorry if this is unclear but the current server needs to be reset not fully just the pv's and Bal and the map to be fixed as I suggested and everyone is agreeing with. I know I said a full reset and what I said by this was unclear as what I meant was just the pv and bals as the old map was very popular and people were angry when it was updated. No one wants a new server btw that's what I said in my main post RESET THE CURRENT ONE.

17. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Bump!!

18. extender

extender Experienced Member

100% support for this thread. Been an OG kitpvp player since 2013 and the recentish changes that were brought upon kitpvp completely ruined the server. With the addition of the new anticheat, it first of all has been bypassed. TP-Aura bypassed, and timer bypasses. THESE TWO CHEATS SHOULD BE ONE OF THE EASIEST TO PATCH! NCP WOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!! Also, this anticheat deletes the point in depth strider pvp because all it is now is pearl spamming since bow boosting isn't a function in the game anymore. This needs a revert not a revamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

ahahaha hey man, just wanna say your opinion is very important to me as you are very top player

20. Toxic

Toxic Active Member

yes support alot of this suggested just add back the old map