x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Infection Map Submission - "Mineville"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by johnpickReports, Aug 10, 2017.

1. johnpickReports

johnpickReports Active Member

Hey everyone, I have worked long and hard on this map I have been making called Mineville. My video possibly may not be the best way to show off my map, so if you want a tour personally done by me, msg me when I'm online and I can give you one on creative. It's much better that way. The video is also a little bit laggy and long and when you watch the video the map isn't just the surface, half of it is underground. If there is any mistakes I can revamp my map and resubmit it.

The parts where I shoot my bow is spots for humans

94% of credit goes to johnpick
      2% to cyber
      1% to book
      and 3% to coolaid

Most people in the infection community don't have forums. There's a lot of people who support my map in infection such as NoahFi, EtheralFi, Blinci, coolaid2222, Ninjagamer9832, Cyberlord20, and some other people I might have forgot to list. (PS: some of these people don't have forums but support my map. If you don't believe that they support my map ask them when they're online)

Please don't no support my map if you think
      -It is a zombie biased map (Every map needs a last human)
      -You don't like my personally
      -Didn't watch the full video
      -Remember I can always change features
      -To Op (I made changes to make certain spots less op and if you still think it's op, it's not that op and anyways there is lots of p6-p10 zombies.)

Description of map: A Miner based theme map with the surface being the village and the underground being the mines where the miners work in.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    2. johnpickReports

Do notice that the beginning of the video only shows the surface of the map, not the underground. The underground part comes later

3. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

No Support
      -It is very flat. Try adding realistic looking hills.
      -It is pretty empty. Add more custom trees or sone more buildings.
      - The floor is.. eh
      - Looks disorganized

Ps. When you record a video for a map submission, use the default texture pack or a texture pack that looks a lot like it so most players know what the map looks like. Chances are, most people do not have your texturepack so they wouldnt know what blocks are what.

4. johnpickReports

It's not entirly flat there's caves in the underground area. Also, there's a lot of infection maps that have a flat floor. I made it flat because the village theme is based on flat land. It's also easier to navigate around.

5. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

No Support
      -Very flat, maybe add hills and mountains.
      -Very zombie biased (I know how you said that there needs to be a last human, but rounds shouldn't last like 12 seconds)
      -With a normal minecraft texture pack, the map looks really ugly and disorganized.
      -Add more detail everywhere
      -Whats the point of the parkour in front of the spawn, the humans will just be quickly shot off by the zombies. Maybe make the platform at the top of the parkour larger.

6. johnpickReports

The rounds wouldn't last 12 seconds Alana, clearly you did not watch the full video. There's LOTS of spots for humans that could be considered op.

There's like 15 spots and each one of them is pretty good

Well I can revamp this :V

If I personally tour you, you guys might like my map better cause I can show everything in better depth.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
    7. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

I understand that, but by flat I mean it has a lack of topography. All biomes in minecraft have some sort of hills and a form of a gradual inclinde or decline of land.. So by adding these hills, it makes erything more realistic. Having small, gradual hills won't make it any harder to navigate the map.

8. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Experienced Member

No support, reasons stated.

9. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

That's unlikely. I like the cave system and spots to hide but I do not like the whole look of the map. How it's flat, unorganized, and pretty empty.

10. johnpickReports

There's like 5 infection maps that are flat once I find there names I can list them

I tried to make this based off of the real world and in the USA there's a lot of flat land

It was sworda meant to be unorganized because its a miner ville, built by miners
      detail doesn't matter as much as the spots

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
    11. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

I personally don't like the name of the map since it makes me think of a huge minecraft server. Other than that, I think the map looks good, although it could need some more detailing. The river looks odd since it doesn't start or end anywhere. The map could also do with some roads and hills. The windmill looks quite undetailed and the map should have more vegetation on the surface and cobwebs underground. The red thing at the spawnpoint looks rather weird in the default texturepack

No support as of now