x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Maxamul's Guide on how to play Skygrid.

Discussion in 'Guides & "How To"' started by Maxamul, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Hello, my name is Maxamul, and I am going to give you a guide on how to play Skygrid which is my favorite gamemode on Mineverse. Skygrid is a gamemode unlike the others, it is all one giant world like survival, but the bases are very spread out and the world is infinite. This means there are unlimited resources and unlimited fun. I'm going to give you some tips on how to play Skygrid effectively and hopefully encourage a few of you to join.

What I will go over: Valuable items, the ranks and the perks they get, griefers, and protecting your base from griefing.

First I am going to list some valuable items that you should hold onto and try to collect as many of as possible.
      Emeralds: Emeralds are your currency on Skygrid as Skygrid does not have a currency system with /bal as most other gamemodes on Mineverse do. There are no player shops on Skygrid, but you can access the server shop at any time by doing /shop this will present you with many useful items you can purchase that range in price from one emerald, to five. Emeralds are not found in game by playing, the only way to obtain them is through voting which you can do every 24 hours. You will get one emerald per vote, you should try to vote as much as possible because you get items in game and you get to help the server out, what's not to love?
      Sponges: Sponges are the only way to protect your base, this makes them extremely useful and valuable. They are obtained by doing /shop and they are five emeralds each, they protect a 10x10 radius and are only bypassable by two ways, the first being when they expire which happens every morning at 7AM EST (the expiration date is based on the server's time, not the sponge's) and sponge glitching which I will get into when I cover glitches and exploits.
      Ender Chests: Ender Chests are useful because they are the only definite way to protect your items as other means of protecting them can be bypassed which I will go over later as well, they are five emeralds in the server shop. You should get one of these to and place all your best items in it, even if it is broken it will still be in the Ender Chest and you can access the items by using another Ender Chest.
      Diamonds: I put this on the last as diamonds aren't really as important as they are on other gamemodes, but I think I should still mention them. Diamonds can be obtained in two ways, in the /shop where they are sold for one emerald each, but diamonds are pretty easily found in the grid, so as long as you have an iron pickaxe you can get them, I don't recommend buying them from the server shop as you can spend your emeralds on other things.

Next, I will explain the ranks and the perks they get on Skygrid,
      Premium: Premium gets access to /hat /pet and /kit Premium which contains eight iron, an iron pickaxe, a stack of cobble and sixteen redstone. They also get the squid pet which can be flown on.
      Sponsor: Sponsor gets access to /near /ptime and /kit Sponsor contains twelve iron ingots, an Efficiency I iron pickaxe, thirty two redstone, and sixty four cobble stone.
      V.I.P.: V.I.P. gets access to /craft /back /me and /kit V.I.P. which contains eighteen iron ingots, one diamond pickaxe, sixty four redstone, and two stacks of cobblestone.
      M.V.P.: M.V.P. gets access to color codes, /feed /kittycannon and /kit M.V.P. which contains twenty four iron ingots, one diamond pickaxe with Efficiency I, a stack and a half of redstone, two stacks of cobblestone, and access to the bat pet.
      Elite: Elite gets access to /echest, and /kit Elite which contains 32 iron ingots, one diamond pickaxe with Efficiency I and Unbreaking I, two stacks of redstone, and two stacks of cobblestone.
      Supreme: gets access to /heal and /kit Supreme which contains 40 iron ingots, one Diamond Pickaxe with Efficiency II and Unbreaking II, two stacks of redstone, four diamonds and two stacks of cobble.
      God: God gets access to /repair and /kit God which contains 48 iron ingots, one diamond pickaxe with Efficiency III and Unbreaking III and Fortune I, two stacks of redstone, eight diamonds, and four stacks of cobble. God also gets the Blaze pet.
      Titan: Titan gets access to /god, /invsee, and /vanish, /kit Titan contains one diamond pickaxe, two stacks of redstone, a stack of iron ingots, eight stacks of cobble, twelve diamonds, and one emerald.

The next category is one that makes a lot of Skygrid players quit early on. On other servers you can accept as many people to your base as you want without worry of getting griefed, however this is different on Skygrid, griefing is very widespread. I'm going to explain the methods that they use to do this.
      Lava: Griefers will use lava and place it on a block someone is standing on to burn them, this will kill them and they can pick up the items.
      Spleefing: griefers will also break the blocks that a player is standing on resulting in them falling into the void.
      Sponge Glitching: the method of overlapping someone's sponge protection with their own which allows them to break blocks in the overlapped sponge's area.
      Hopper Minecart Raiding: where a hopper minecart is placed under a protected chest and they can extract your items from the chest.
      TNT: Griefers can also TNT your base to blow up your base very quickly, not only can they do this but they can also drop TNT over sponged land and break it.
      Coordinates: Even if you can get griefers out of your base or they leave, they can screesnhot your coordinates and come back, this makes it even more risky to accept random teleport requests. (If any of this happens to you, try to record or screenshot and report it!)

Next, I am going to go over some methods to avoid this from happening, you should pay very close attention to this part as it would assist you in protecting your base from being griefed and you can build without the worry of being griefed.
      Don't teleport people to your base. Don't teleport people to your base unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure they won't grief or teleport anyone else.
      Put obsidian over your sponge, this will make it so griefers can't get up above it and drop TNT onto it. You will have to break the obsidian to replace the sponge to keep it from expiring, however.
      Put furnaces around your chests, this makes it so putting a hopper minecart under your chest is impossible, I will put a link to images that will help explain what I mean by this. ( https://gyazo.com/58f7eb4ab316905aee82831545120999 https://gyazo.com/ee02924856bb8e5be748370aabe70f1e )
      Another thing, if you have a rank it would be advisable to fly out to high coordinates, this means even if someone gets to your base you will be hard for them to get back to if they screenshot your coordinates.

Okay, I hope you read this far and it helped you if you play Skygrid, and if you don't I hope it encourages you to get into it. Have a good day :)

• Like Like x 5
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    2. Sircles

Sircles Active Member

good! thanks this helps a lot!

3. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

Ty for the guide,especially the griefing section.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

Great guide

5. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Very useful!

6. ItsSniiper

ItsSniiper Boss Member

Ty max, I'm thinking about working with you still

7. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

I would love that! Hmu when you decide :)

8. jakelstraya

jakelstraya Experienced Member

great work !

• Like Like x 1
    9. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Thank you again!

10. baile y

baile y Well-Known Member

Nice Job Max. :happy:

11. SnakeVenomPvP

SnakeVenomPvP Well-Known Member