x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Methylone's Moderator Application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Methylone, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Methylone

Methylone Experienced Member

READ!
      I never honestly thought i'd be here applying again after I quit. A lot of people thought I was gone forever and I thought the same. Since I haven't told everyone why I quit I shall explain it here as it's important you all know why I did what I did and that it won't happen again. The reason I quit was due to the fact I could NOT manage my time, i'm sure many of you may feel this but Minecraft + Mineverse is an addicting place especially if you have great friends. It's so addicting that it's possible you might just sacrifice a lot of things. While I was gone for the 3 weeks I slowly learned the skills needed in order to manage my time so I could do everything I need in a certain day while playing Minecraft.

Introduction.
      In case you don't know me i'll link my introduction.
      http://www.mineverse.com/threads/methys-intro.77351/#post-806634
      For those people who do know me, you also know that I love Mineverse as a community and the players in it. I try my best daily to help people and report as many players as I can in order to make the game fair for everyone. This is one of the main reason as why I am making this application today.

Your in-game name
      Methylone
      If you do see me in game feel free to call me Methy :)

What timezone are you in?
      Eastern Time (ET)

What country do you live in?
      Canada, Ontario.

What languages do you speak?
      English.

Do you have 2FA enabled?
      Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      Yes I do have a recording software. When it comes to taking screenshots I use Gyazo as it's the most easiest tool to use. Below is a link to all my reports that have been uploaded so far. As of right now I have a total of 312 reports.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vt8XjV2nf5qDduQA80CrA

Why do you think you should become a moderator?
      The reason as to why I believe I should become moderator is due to the fact I know that i'm able to perform the duties that the moderators do. Mineverse is filled with hackers and at the moment I have been trying to record them all and report them so the community is a fair place to play. Below is some traits that I have and believe may help me while i'm a moderator.

Experience
      I feel having experience is a big thing when becoming a moderator. Not only do I have experience being a moderator on another Minecraft server but I have experience from real life too. My past job at Canadian Tire had me working as a service man at the auto shop centre. Every time someone had a question they would have to come to me and ask me a question like, "Where is the oil located?" or "Do you know where I can find halogen bulbs or wiper blades?" This would require me to help them. I feel these two jobs of moderating a server and a service man is very similar to each other. The reason of being is because they both require you to help people and I feel I can fulfill that duty when being a moderator.

Respect
      I have respect for mainly everyone I meet. Saying that I believe that without respect you cannot achieve anything as no one will want to be your friend. Respect is key in life, due to the fact when you treat others with respect they also treat you with respect.

Am I mature?
      The answer is it really depends on the situation. Obviously when i'm with my friends I joke around and act goofy but when it comes to being serious I handle the situations well. I have a few things I do when there are serious situations for example

1. Ask for help.
      2. Try to understand what is happening.
      3. How can I end the situation so everyone is happy.

I know that in some cases not everyone will be happy with the outcome but thats life not everything is fair.

Hacking Knowledge
      I have very less knowledge when it comes to hacks but when someone usually does hack I catch them right away as it is very easy to tell a normal player without hacks from a player who does have hacks. Out of the 312 reports I have made only 4 reports was invalid. I believe i'm doing a good job when it comes to reporting players for their hacks.
      http://www.mineverse.com/search/3046361/ (Link to all my reports.)

Effort

As an ordinary player I know that many people want to see that a moderator can help a person whenever possible but also handle reports whenever possible instead of being inactive. My plan is to go beyond these expectations and try my best to be active and fulfill everyone's wishes although it may not be possible.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Monday (1-3 Hours)
      Tuesday (1-3 Hours)
      Wednesday (1-3 Hours)
      Thursday (1-3 Hours)
      Friday (1-3 Hours)
      Saturday (2-4 Hours)
      Sunday (2-4 Hours)

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been playing Mineverse ever since May of 2015.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      Yes I have been banned In-game for tp-trapping in creative.
      I have also been banned in forums just recently when I came back from my little break. The reason I was banned 1 day on forums was due to the fact that I rate abused. I didn't intentionally do it but I should have known better.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes I do have past experience as a moderator on a server that my friend and I were paying for, there was usually 20 players on each day. It was a server where players of Minecraft could just come and play survival while we watched chat and tried to set up mini-games. Unfortunately we had lost interest in the server and let it die.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
      50 Post Count - True
      Two Factor Authentication - True.
      2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums - True.
      Skype or Teamspeak - I have both.

Conclusion
      Thank you for reading my moderator application. Please leave feedback if you feel I can improve in game and on forums it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you do Support, No support or you are neutral make sure you vote. :)

Thank you
      -Methylone.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    2. Starbucks

Starbucks Well-Known Member

1st Support! Give mod right now please.

3. Swift

Swift Boss Member

2nd
      Support

4. SnakeVenomPvP

SnakeVenomPvP Well-Known Member

Dangit you beat me.

No need to read.

Support.

But small suggestion be a bit more active on forums.

5. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

no

--------------------------------

6. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

support daddy

7. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Support. : ) Just work on activity ingame.

8. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

uhhhhhhh he's very active ingame

9. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member

Support. :)

10. Levis

Levis Boss Member

Support, although split your time throughout all the gamemodes since I don't see you ingame.

11. bare

bare Well-Known Member

Definitely support, you're active and kind!

good luck :)

12. DinoDuck

DinoDuck Well-Known Member

Absolute support.
      Why do I support you?
      You're active on both forums and in-game.
      You're kind, you have what? 89 reports.
      Your application is flawless.
      You meet all the requirements.
      Moderator prefix please.

13. TADS

TADS Guest

Yeee support

14. Lifeless

Lifeless Experienced Member

Neutral, since you are sometimes kind to me in game I guess? And this past few days i've been seeing you active in game but you hackusate too much players like Sando I still think some of bw players are seriously trying to get him banned from the server. And you got @aurabuster (pride) banned too when it was obviously a lag back well I wouldn't blame you for that since it's the mod who banned him but then again maybe i'll support you just don't hackusate too much in game or just keep it to yourself .

15. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

you tell people they're trash and you're going to rape them, and I don't see how that is in any way acceptable even if it is a joke

16. TADS

TADS Guest

Let's remain on-topic, thanks.

17. Methylone

Thank you all for the support <3

I don't hackusate other players until I have video evidence of them hacking. If I see hacks on my screen I rather report it then be sorry I didn't. I also ask many people before I report anyone if this certain person is hacking or not. I'm sorry if I accused someone of hacking but if someone did get falsely banned for example Sando he appealed and got unbanned. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding also thank you for your feedback it's well appreciated.

The only person i've called trash and said I was going to rape is the people I know and talk to skype on a daily basis. For example BBQChikken or Chris they both know it's a joke i've been friends with them for almost a good year and a half. Also before I say those things I look at the environment i'm in. I'm sure you must of noticed that at some point as you and I have been playing bedwars together for a good week. Every time i've joked around like that it was when there was only a few people in the room otherwise I wouldn't say anything unless I was heated. I know lately my behaviour has been not good and that was one of the things @Teeeb and I talked about before I actually applied she can confirm this. Slowly but surely i'm trying to change how I act with my friends as you said these jokes are not acceptable.

18. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

Neutral, i dont see you out side of minigames. maybe just different times :p but when i do see you... youre kind of rude.

19. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

I suppose
      I know you're trying to act more respectful and I'd like to support you but, honestly, I don't think you're the right person for this job and your maturity could use some work. good luck

20. Methylone

I've seen you many times in game and we've only talked about swift which is one of the reasons you thought I was swift. Other than that I don't remember being disrespectful to you. It may be different timezones i'm not sure. Thank you for your feedback though!
      I respect your opinion. Thank you.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.