x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Mineverse Updates - May 23rd, 2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by Noobcrew, May 23, 2020.

1. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

Mineverse Updates - May 23rd, 2020.

More Skyblock Updates.

• Hoppers have been increased to 100x per island and will not depend on expansion. I know there has been some complaints about what was set previously, however some sort of limit needs to be in place as from experience a single island can slow down the server entirely. It is likely something we experienced many times before however went unnoticed as it clears up once an island like this is unloaded. I think a limit at a 100 is a good number and an expansion will not be required so it is fair for all. Let me know what you guys think.
      • Natural monsters should spawn a little bit more often.
      • Trees grow a little faster.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Pillow

Pillow Active Member

thanks crew :L

3. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Appreciate it Crew :>

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    4. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

Thank you!

5. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Thank you crew!

6. Oath

Oath Established Member

100? It's 4 more?? wow.

If your plugin is scanning for hoppers why not scan for how the hoppers are placed. 1000 of hoppers placed in specific formation of chest on top into hopper with different items can crash a single player world but 100K of them wouldn't do a thing if isn't in that. I think Crew should research on this further and come up with a different method that is bit more sophisticated. For example have a point system out of 300. Hoppers in a line wouldn't be that much but the condition I mentioned could drain 50 points or so. So in overall people would contribute much less lag while still being able to commit more hoppers to make the game enjoyable.

I will be leaving this server if the situation doesn't get better and many share the same resentments. If we wanted hopper limits we'd just be playing sb.net. But now this server is also gonna die with these changes. I don't mind saying the truth of things here because I won't be playing further if @Noobcrew don't come out with a better solution than just stamping a small number without knowing about it.

7. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

Thank you Crew! <3

8. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

Yes add another 4 and call it good... LMAO just get rid of the stupid hopper limit... Like why? Its so stupid. Just limiting the fun people can have on their skyblock islands. You cant make a big farm with 100 hoppers.

VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!

9. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Thanks crew

10. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

The limit is in place to keep mineverse from having 2tps like .net does. Though it could most likely be bigger without causing harm.

11. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

It could be like 400 lol

12. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thanks but you can easily add a mob arena like in the old days yet you haven't even though it's one of the most highly requested things for skyblock. I appreciate the effort but I really don't think anyone asked for these tiny specific updates other than maybe the hoppers thing and I certainly don't think that they will bring in any more players.

I know I'm sounding harsh but I feel like I need to be honest. Skyblock is one of the most popular gamemodes on Mineverse, reaching 60+ players at peak times. Instead of adding features like the mob arena to boost the player count, you are re opening Minetime. As so many things on this server are broken (/staff, /friends, ranks and worledit perms on Creative, broken spots on Infection etc), you should not be working on a new server and should be working on fixing these issues on this server. I still find it unbelievable that you reopened Minetime and added Prison to it yet the gamemode hasn't returned in years on here despite it being one of the most requested gamemodes.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    13. KYxCIVICxMAFIA

KYxCIVICxMAFIA Experienced Member Premium

Here is my issue! The ones who have been on here for months even years voting and grinding are the ones who suffer... I have put so much time on this server not to mention the amount of money I have spent to support the server and yet to have restrictions... so instead of adding more resources with all this money coming in you just tie our arms behind our back and expect up to continue to play! This is what drove many of us away before and not its all happening again. I know they have the money to add more resources and what would it cost??? Hardly anything since this is on a cloud server!!!! So heated right now!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    14. Noobcrew

It was an extra 4 for those without an expansion, it was an extra 52 for those without.

15. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

Thats still not enough bro. Its gotta be like 250 or 300 People have big farms...

16. Noobcrew

I understand that, though I wish it worked like that. All network/cloud servers are just all single servers linked together. Our real limitation is 1.12 itself and working on Skyblock.net, things such as hoppers and farms are hugeee bottlenecks and I would like to put certain things in place so that if we do have an increase in players in the future, that we can handle it. Though of course for right now, we do get peaks of 50-60 so the server can technically handle a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
    17. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

remove bedwars no one plays it

18. Noobcrew

I have increased the limit to 150x right now. I am trying to find a middle ground with everyone as I do get the frustration however I cannot for instance accommodate 300 for a small group of people as this can cause issues in the future.

BedWars was made really well and yes even though it doesn't get players right now, it would if we get an influx of players later on, the plan is to grow Mineverse of course. :p

• Like Like x 2
    19. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

If you can make it at least 200 or 250 and were is prison :O

20. dalton1212

dalton1212 Active Member

Yes were is prison its been nearly 2 years now.....

21. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Last edited: May 24, 2020