x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Minthead's Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Minthead, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

Your in-game name: Minthead

What timezone are you in? CDT

What country do you live in? USA

What languages do you speak? English and broken Spanish (but i can understand a lot)

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc) Yes i use OBS and I use Gyazo to take screen shots.

Why do you think you should become a mod? I think I should become a mod because I have been active and I have been reporting every hacker i come across no matter how long it takes to get proof. I understand that I just hit the 50 post limit. I understand if I do not get accepted I will still do my best to keep the Mineverse community good so the younger players can have a good time without people cussing or saying inappropriate things and so they don't have to run into hackers and then they will probably won't play on the server again. I will not abuse my powers and I understand if I abuse I will be demoted. I will not ask staff to look at my app as I do understand that it will lower my chances. Also I am very helpful. I will drop what I am doing at the time to help a player in need. I have a 66-70 Wpm typing speed to I can bullet out answers if everyone is asking me question all at the same time. I record all my bans so if someone says they were false banned by me I have proof to back up my ban. Here are also some of my strengths and weaknesses.

STRENGTHS:​

1) Clam and Collected: When everyone needs help and are spamming me with question, I will stay clam and answer them as best as I can. Considering that i have a high typing speed i can answer a lot of question when there are a lot.

2) Maturity: I am very mature when it comes to people ask questions and I WON'T cuss get mad at people when they ask questions.

WEAKNESSES:
      1) Joking: I love to joke around when I have free time, but sometimes I can a little to far and I am working on that.

2) Defensive: When people are rude to my family or my girlfriend I can get kind of defensive and like say things back like shut up or please be quiet, but i never cuss or say anything harmful.

How long can you be active on the server everyday? i can be on about 4-6 hours a day

How long have you been playing Mineverse? i have been playing for about 2 years now

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? Yes, i was a helper on TitanMC but than the server got a reset and changed to a school prison server and i didn't feel like reapplying.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No

Do you have 50 Post Count? Yes

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up? Yes

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums? Yes

Do you have Skype and Teamspeak 3 for offline communication? Yes

People Reading This (whether its staff or normal people) Normal people please tell me how to make
      my application better. Staff If i get rejected please tell me what i missed or did wrong. Thank you.
      Please do not ask to become a staff as it lower your chances of becoming one.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    2. fireplaces

fireplaces Experienced Member

No support, just hit 50 post count, need more information, and never see you on forums / ingame. Good luck with your application though! :Extra tip: space out the questions and answers so we can have a better understanding and easier time reading!

Kind regards,
      fireplaces.

3. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

Ok Thank you for the feedback. I will work more on what you said.

4. fireplaces

fireplaces Experienced Member

You're welcome good luck!

5. MCCD

MCCD Active Member

No Support... Sorry!
      Things to work on:
      - Grammar...

Fix words like:
      "STREGTHS"
      and all the lowercase, "i" 's as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      - In-game activity (never seen you in game, but, I could be wrong, as I don't play in-game as much anymore... but in the past 2 years, I've never seen you)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You barely meet the requirements (You just hit the 50 post count)

- Be more active on forums / Don't make all of your posts reports - try to get more involved with the community / Get more well-known in the community
      - You need more detail under the "Why do you think you should become a mod?" section. Tell us about what qualities you have that you think would make you a better moderator...

I have written a sample here: (I'm sorry it's a horrible-written piece... its 12:10 AM as I'm commenting this)

" Kindness:
      Throughout the years of my life, I have always been kind around my friends and family, and I always strive to be a positive person. I can deal with jokes that might not be meant to take offense, or, help somebody that is feeling angry and is being rude without noticing it. I think being kind is a very important quality, as it makes a server's staff look good, as they will seem friendly. "

Speaking of Kindness... As @KaliLinux said, Mods are friendly, and don't say, "SHUT UP!" That can prove you to be immature if you go too far with your anger over one little thing.

- Maybe add more colors to your application to make it look more appealing? I don't know, this one is just a recommendation..

So yeah... that's my take on this application. If you would fix up your app, (and everything else I said), than I might consider changing my rating.
      Best of luck! :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    6. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

Thank you, I will edit it to make it better. Thank you for the suggestion.

I will also try and be more active in the general discussion area of the forums.

I hope you like this

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
    7. MCCD

MCCD Active Member

Hey... just a tip, don't post too much... It can create spam. If you'd like to say something, put it all in one comment, not in 3 messages. (Hopefully a mod will see this to merge your posts)

8. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

Ok, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

9. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Neutral.
      Haven't seen you in-game too much and there's a bit too much colour on your application.

I know MCCD already told you but don't do this again :P

Good luck!

10. Levis

Levis Boss Member

No support, reasons stated.

11. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

No support, reasons stated.

12. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

No spupport, reasons stated.

13. Linux

Linux Boss Member

"Shut up" is not how a moderator should tell you to be quiet.

No support:
      Barely over requirements.
      Never seen ingame.
      Good luck.

14. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

Yes I know shut up isn't what a moderator would say, I am working on my anger issues and that is why it is under my weeknesses.
      Thank you anyways for the comment and I will work more.
      I play skywars a lot you will see me in there the most.

15. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

No support
      - You barely meet the requirements. Before applying for mod, I recomend having at least 200 messages on forums so at the time of applying for mod, you will be more well-known.
      - Become more active in-game and on forums. Get more involved with the communit.

Best of luck

16. bare

bare Well-Known Member

lmao dude ur not supposed to have ur weaknesses on a mod app, get rid of that and fix ur problems.

17. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

It shows that I am honest and a lot of owners/recruiters like to see that people are honest. It shoes that i don't lie about not having any weeknesses.

18. bare

bare Well-Known Member

Everyone has weaknesses lol there's no reason to tell the world about them. And there are a lot of other ways to show ur honest

lmao if u can come up with another way to bring out that quality in you then that'll make you smart too :rolleyes:

19. Minthead

Minthead Active Member

What is one way you think than may I can get an idea one what to replace it with.

20. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

No support

- Just hit 50 post count

- Fix grammar

-Do more reports

Good luck

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.