x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA My application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by dera, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. dera

dera Well-Known Member

Introduction: Hello, my name is Jessica, but I am prefered to be called either Jess or Jessy. You know, to make it easier on you or whoever is using it. I feel like I don't need to explain much about me as I've been here for quite a long time, that people know me enough to see where I come from.

My ingame name is
      : Deration

My timezone is pacific, otherwise known as UTC-08:00, if you want to be radical and specific.

I live in the apparent greatest country of all, the USA.
      Sarcastic about the first part, please don't go all social warrior status on me.

I speak a good selection of languages, but I am not fluent in most of them. I chose to list what I am fluent in so that way If I am needed in a certain language, I may be more of a help. I am a bit fluent in Spanish, English (Obviously), and French. Bonjour je m'appelle Jessica!

Yes, I am able to screen record, and when I do, my screen doesn't get much FPS lag, it's usually pretty stable, so I don't really worry about my video turning out to be total crap.

Here is why I think I should be a mod:

I am mature when it is necessary. As you can tell from my prior being on the forum, I tend to be brutally honest at all times. I believe I would be a pretty serious mod who does what they need to do to make the server and players happy. I know when it is time to have fun, and all of that, and I know when it's time to do my job, correctly and thoroughly.

I am honest as I said in the previous. I don't see any reason to not be truthful. My mom taught me pretty much my whole life, that if you're going to be dishonest, and if you're going to lie about things, that nobody is going to want to be around you, and that had an impact on me and stuck even to adulthood. I speak out when I see anything unfit. Yes, I have been rude, and disrespectful, I am working on toning down. I wouldn't want the players I serve for to feel unsafe with me being around.

I am active via forums and ingame. I jump on whenever I get the chance. This is a really important trait, due to the fact that I can be of help wherever I am, in and out of game.

I am unbiased. I treat everyone with equality, and always give fair reasoning between pairings. I don't like or befriend too many people, therefor that gives me an advantage with you know, not picking favorites or whatever. Everyone get's a fair chance with me. You're innocent until proven guilty, that goes for everyone.

I am a fast processor, meaning that I'm good in maybe fast, uncomfortable or bad situations. I think things through, with careful consideration and that gives me the ability to act on the right thing that needs to be done.

I am a very fast typer. I took a words per minute test recently in College. I got 147 words, and if you don't know, that is amazing for someone who isn't a professional typer, and for being a female. Females doing words per minute tests usually get lower scores than most males. Fast typing gives me the ability to handle things quickly, so I can get to the next challenge I need to handle.

I am helpful and outgoing. I don't stick around and watch things happen as they aren't supposed to. I do something about it to make sure it doesn't happen for at least a while. I greet people with kindness as I do not know their story, or where they come from. I don't know what people deal with at home, so the best solution for that, is kindness. If people say that words don't hurt, they're either lying, or haven't heard enough. Words are deadlier and more violent than most things.

Those are all of my traits, that I feel I enlist and convey and are the most important.

I've made up two schedules on which I can be on.

During college hours (When the new year starts)
      Sunday: No class. Weekend.
      Monday: Late night classes. I can be on from when after I start my day in the afternoon, through about 5PM.
      Tuesday: Late night classes. I can be on from when after I start my day in the afternoon, through about 5PM.
      Wednesday: Morning lessons. I can be on from about 3, through the rest of the night if I have no further plans.
      Thursday: I'm out of class. I can be on pretty much anytime throughout the day.
      Friday: Late night classes. I can be on from when after I start my day in the afternoon, through about 5PM.
      Saturday: No class. Weekend.

During my breaks and all.
      Sunday
      : I am free to hop on whenever I can.
      Monday: I am free to hop on whenever I can.
      Tuesday: I am free to hop on whenever I can.
      Wednesday: I can play from 5-9PM.
      Thursday: I can only play from 9AM to where noon ticks.
      Friday: I am free to hop on whenever I can.
      Saturday: I am free within the hours of 1PM and 7PM.

I've been here on Mineverse for quite a long time. I've been here on the server itself, since late 2013, almost 2014.
      But on the forums, I joined on August 27th, of 2014. So I have just passed up my 3rd year on forums.

I've been banned quite a few times, but none since this new year has started up. I've been banned for hacking, death threats, so on and so forth. I've put the past behind me and became anew. I’ve hacked enough to know what hacks are and what they look like. I am pretty good at detecting hacks when it comes down to it.

Yes, I have prior experience to being staff. I co-owned a server with some of my friends, you know, for fun and messing around. I've also been moderator on a few servers back when I was more interested in small servers, other than larger servers.

Yes I meet all of Mineverse requirements.
      Do you have 50 Post Count? ✓
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up? ✓
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums? ✓
      Do you have Skype and Teamspeak 3 for offline communication? ✓

As if you didn't know, I've previously applied 3 different times, all about 3 years ago, when I was still quite new to forums and didn't understand it as much as I did now. Now I've taken the time to apply now that I'm more mature and older, and have experienced much, much more in life.

I have decided that I will not be adding anymore colors. I find it formal and professional to leave it the way it is. I quite like it this way.

Just so you all know, I have already passed 100 reports.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, it means a lot.

Special thanks to Causal. You have been so very helpful. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for your help. I appreciate and love you. Thank you for everything.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    2. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

Support!!!

3. Starbucks

Starbucks Well-Known Member

No support

You're actually really rude.

4. dera

dera Well-Known Member

Thank you both. :)

Please take the time to actually read my application. I've explained why.

5. MCCD

MCCD Active Member

Support! Best of luck! :D

6. Saturns

Saturns best valorant player Premium

Definite support, good luck bbg.

7. dera

dera Well-Known Member

Thank you both so very much.

I see where you are coming from. Please inform me on how I can improve to earn your trust and support. Thank you.

@Charisa, @Connor_, any ways I can earn your support?

8. amli

amli Boss Member

Support, good luck.

9. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

No support.

You are always extremely rude on the forums. You claim you are being "honest" but there's a big difference, you need to work on that before I even consider supporting.

I also don't ever see any reports from you, which is worrying.

You say the server is "dying" and I don't think anyone who considers the server to be dying should be Mod. On top of this, why do you think you can save it?

Your wording of this seems to imply that the current Mineverse Mods do not do their job sufficiently. Why should someone who doesn't respect the current Mods be promoted?

If you change, I may reconsider my decision.

10. dera

dera Well-Known Member

Understandable. Thank you for your response.

I wasn't implying that I can save the server, nor that current mods don't do their jobs sufficiently. It's more like a metaphor that has never been heard before, you know? I was just speaking in general.
      I will work on toning down my rudeness.

11. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

Sorry to interfere, but everyone has opinions. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to express your opinion. No matter if you're a mod, or a normal player.

12. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

I mean your active and all on forums but but you've done literally 2 reports recently. Only one was accepted as well. Would you make a good mod? I guess so bc you're ancient so you know what your doing. Neutral I guess.

13. Benko

Benko Boss Member

Doing reports is pointless anyways, she is wanting to be a staff member, not the person who does the reports. It's honestly stupid how most people get staff by spamming hacker reports.

Support btw, we need someone like you on the team.

14. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

I agree with this.

Every post I see from you has been straight up hating on moderators and saying they all suck, or something like that. The shocking part about all of that, was I felt like I had never seen you anywhere in-game and yet felt you had the audacity to tell a moderator they are terrible at their job. Speaking from personal experience there.
      You have the right to legitmately think every moderator sucks, but I'd expect you to tell them what they're doing wrong as that's actually beneficial to them and the server (and doesn't make you look like a flat out jerk).

I don't care about all you've said about "the server is dying" and stuff like that, because it's true. I knew it and said it when I was moderator and I'm pretty sure every current moderator knows it too. One that is willing to be realistic and see what the server needs is definitely something I want in a moderator.

You may be disappointed when promoted to see you actually have no ability to actually move the server in any direction. You of course can be a good moderator and do moderator duties which is never a bad thing, but, you should know that's the extent of what you'll be able to do. So, if that's what you want and think you will do good at - good luck.

That's my feedback.

15. dera

dera Well-Known Member

I done a fair few today, around 8 or 9 I believe. Yes, it's not as much as I would like to do, but I am trying my best. Thank you for your response.
      Thank you so much :)

You're right, I was really rude to you when it was uncalled for, as you have never done anything but try to help the players and myself, aswell. Even though I never portrayed this, I have always appreciated all you have done for this server. I'd be a fool not to.

I just want to help the server to the best of my ability, promoted or not. Whether that means I have to do more reports, so be it.

16. Biaminater26

Biaminater26 Active Member

Neutral. Although I haven't been on a lot of servers actively on mineverse I've yet to see you. I really like the font you used. Might change my mind

17. bare

bare Well-Known Member

obviously support

18. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

ye sure support cuz ur not fake

19. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

I typed that earlier in the day but submitted it later. But yeah you got the idea

20. dera

dera Well-Known Member

Oh this old thing?
      I am currently on Op PvP right now, feel free to meet me there. Thank you for considering.

THANKS ILYSM

Thank you, it means a lot. :)

Gotcha.

[EDIT] Just noticed that I forgot to mention you, but thank you so very much @Auzzi. Means the world.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.