x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • New Anti-Cheat?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Gabe, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Do you think Mineverse needs a New Anti-Cheat?

1. I think it's time Mineverse gets a New Anti-Cheat.

88.9%
    2. I think the current Anti-Cheat is doing fine.

11.1%
    1. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Mineverse needs a New Anti-Cheat

Mineverse has been known for a lot of hackers recently in all Game-Modes such as KitPvP 2, KitPvP, OP PvP Etc.
      You notice more hackers in PvP based Game-modes, but it has come to my attention that there are hackers in other game-modes to, that don't really involve PvP.
      Some Hackers are so obvious where they just wanna show them hacking and some of them can hide it. I miss when mineverse was known for the Community and not for the Hackers on it. I know mineverse currently has a Anti-Cheat so some Hacked Clients don't work but the current one we have has not been really efficient in stopping these players ruining the community.
      I know some people might say just report them but some people can't report and it ruins it and it does not help at that current moment.
      I am suggesting that Mineverse gets a New Anti-Cheat System one that is caught up to date with the latest Hacked Clients and put a stop to it. Some example of a Anti-Cheat that seems to be very efficient is a one called WATCH DOG or G.W.E.N. If you do not know where these Anti-Cheats are on simply google the name.
      These Anti-Cheats catch a lot of hackers and puts a stop to them!

How does it work?
      Those Anti-Cheat Systems work by monitoring the players and I believe they looks for reports and make sure they are hacking before putting a stop to them. When they do know they are hacking they ban them.

How would this help Mineverse?
      This would help Mineverse greatly, it would put a stop to many hackers and people who ruin the game in general. I am not trying to say the Mineverse Staff Team is not doing they job and making sure the community is good. I am simply saying this could help them a lot and simply be a tool for the Staff Team.

How would we get this?
      I do not know much about coding or making these type of things. I do want to learn and I am learning but something like this is advanced for me. I have done my research and I do believe that @Business Kitty and @Matt are fully able to do this because they have way more experience and are experts in the Developing Field.
      They are able to develop something like this, but in there own unique way. If they do make something along these lines. I assume they wouldn't copy it but get a idea from it.

Is it really that necessary?
      I do think mineverse does need a change in there Anti-Cheat System and by doing this I believe Mineverse can be Great Again! Honestly mineverse has been losing a lot of its player base due to hackers. By doing this it would help the community so much and would make new players enjoy this amazing server. This would help Minevere Mods so much and it's not replacing them in any way, they could not ever be replaced but think of this new System and a tool!

I hope you guys do support this and do believe the reasons I stated!
      Lets help make Mineverse great again!
      I hope you guys have a amazing day :)

2. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Watchdog, and GWEN are VERY expensive, highly sophisticated plugins. They'd be hard and expensive to make. I'm not judging Tanner's or @Matt 's skill, but even for them it may be hard and require lots of time.

The idea of a new anti cheat has been voiced many times, the problem is - whenever we add a new one - it's then hated upon, and we have to revert.

The anti cheat we have now could use a tweaking maybe, but we don't need to change plugin; the one we have is more than capable, just needs the settings oiled!

3. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

I do totally agree with you, I think it just needs to be caught up. Yes those plugins are highly expensive but I was simply just showing examples. Thank you though!

4. Herf

Herf Boss Member

We just need a plugin that auto and after you do too many alerts

5. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Oh, right: sorry for the misunderstanding. I support the idea that the anti cheat definitely does need tweaked.
      @1kCPS You disagree? With what?
      The ACs listed are expensive. We have tried new ACs before f

6. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

we definitely need the anti-cheat to be fixed up. A new one wouldn't be the best idea tho

7. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

WatchDog is total garbage. It's has no code to PREVENT cheating it just detects it. Also, it only picks up obvious clients such as metro and wurst, it has an awful time at detecting paid clients. Hell you can even use huzuni with all the settings maxed out and it wouldn't ban you.

8. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Go on mc-market and get ripped 2000 USD for an anti-cheat. Given it will be a fantastic anti-cheat and yes we can afford it. But the damn thing should cost 1200. Even less. People just trying to make an unnecessary profit.
      If you got a proper client, not some Wolfram downloaded crap (is mentioning that allowed? lol), then you can easily get around those Spigot anti-cheat plugins. In fact those are commonly the first that people try to get around to before moving on to the custom anti cheat plugins.

However, I'd rather have an anti-cheat that partially solves the problem than anyone being able to use whatever client they please on Mineverse. It will not eliminate the entire problem. But not everyone is going to pay for a custom minecraft client to use ''hacks''. I've seen people pay in the hundreds for a ''hacked client'' to be undetectable. If you do that start to question your life decisions immediately.

Not every anti-cheat has multiple checks. So pay attention to that. Some anti-cheats on Spigot are frequently updated. Others are not. So choose the correct one if you're going off of Spigot here.

9. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

The "ban list" is also not that good either. The reason behind it is so hackers don't know why they were banned, because when they are it's a few days after, maybe even a week or two. What's the point of this? I mean, it's only going to waste staff member's time when they appeal for their ban, having no idea that there is a ban list.

10. Nitro_

Nitro_ Active Member

Would this cover head snaps?

11. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

legitimate headsnaps, no.
      headsnaps from hacking, most likely.

12. Nitro_

Nitro_ Active Member

Oh ok

13. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

I would assume so.

14. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Well-Known Member

Those advanced anti cheats have extra values that aren't really needed, for Mineverse at least. A configured version of AAC would be just fine. I am just puzzled what is stopping them from doing that. The cheat costs £20, barely anything for the value you receive.

15. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Mhm.
      Still. Anyone can get AAC. Nobody could get Badl**n's AC. I think it's more the fact that any old client developer can go and decompile AAC and try and make something to avoid it. Idk.

16. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Not sure why people keep disagreeing with my post.
      Is it because I have a different opinion to you? Well... Maybe read about the plugins, and do some research before doing that.
      @tupeeee what are you even disagreeing with?

17. tupeeee

tupeeee Active Member

Owners dosent care about the server anymore, as long as they get ranks money delivered into their pocket, they will not give a f about the hackers, mods are mostly not online now days and forums starts to die slowly.
      Mineverse have the money to make/buy a better anti cheat, they have alot of money, I think 5 titans is enough to make a new anti cheat, im sure they are more then 5 titans and maybe even 15x times then that amount, making it just look like mineverse owners are cheap because not caring about the server anymore.
      Mineverse is dead, look at the ammount at players and online mods now days and look at what it was before, and how good the people in there was and really cared about the server, now days if you ban an hacker from pvp server another one will come.. so it dosent really matter anymore.

18. Conservative

Conservative Active Member

this server needs an anti cheat that auto bans every hack like a server (pm me for exact Ip) that literally bans EVERY HACK and detects when a player is lagging and knows not to ban them

19. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

I'm not questioning that the server is on a decline, it is.
      I'm questioning as to why you - and many others - have disagreed my post. Is it just a bandwagon thing? Did you just hop on it because the populi is?
      When I stated that the ACs and watchdogs are expensive, I in no way said 'Mineverse cannot afford it', it's more -- these anti-cheats cost tens-of-thousands of dollars, (BadLion AC was offered to Cypriot for 50k if I'm not wrong?). After reading posts about WatchDog and GWEN; they'll be sold at a similar if not higher price.
      Also, on servers like KitPVP2, AAC is in place, it's configuration just needs changed. AAC is a great plugin, but it needs tweaked. So again I ask, why do you disagree?

@Zulfqar Yeah. Pretty sure they do server-information etc? I can't remember the technical term. I just know they can also perform as a web-monitor for the server/s. :D

20. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Well-Known Member

What does server information?