x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OP PvP New Op Pvp Map! What Do You Think? [Map Submission]

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Dizzy, Sep 29, 2018.

?

Replace With The New Map?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
      72.0%
    2. No

7 vote(s)
      28.0%
    1. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Ok so i'd like to start off by saying I'm well aware there is a map submission area but this is more than just a map submission. This is a suggestion to change out the current Op Pvp map with this one. From what I know, everyone wasn't thrilled with the new Op Pvp map so I decided to take some hours to make this one. I took what I knew that everyone wanted and made it into this map. I have a download link (not sure if it works so let me know) and plenty of screenshots so feel free to check the map out for yourself.

So the main problems with the new Op Pvp map from what I can understand is that it's too big for the number of players on the gamemode and it also doesn't have any land marks for players to memorize. It's basically a very large open wasteland. A lot of players did not want a space themed map but that's what the owner wants so I met you all in the middle. This map if a mining planet where a colony of people use to mine crystals to make powerful weapons on further away planets... At least that my version of the lore of the map xD.

Without further delay, here is some beautiful screenshots of the map.

(View of whole map) https://gyazo.com/e7aab2f4202ed648e2cd2dec06a7b0a1

(View of the town) https://gyazo.com/d8d3cec695a9efcd5d8c80b7fc4226b8

(Another view of the town) https://gyazo.com/2486becab6a40539e81ba1205990c24d

(Ground view of the town) https://gyazo.com/f7fe7c9c65b818fbdc7f0415e73e8f80

(View of the outside area) https://gyazo.com/0c667e332a3e9fb320bdc338bbf4522f

DISCLAIMER: You can go all the way out to the fenced area (where the blue towers are). Also the screenshots were taken with moody brightness.

Let me explain to you what the map contains.
      -A "Bio-Dome" in which I believe most the pvp will take place. If you drop straight out of spawn you should land in the middle of the town. The town have a bunch of buildings that you can go inside and onto the roofs. I wanted to make it kinda like the nuke town map vibes. The dome has 3 main exits and 1 drop exit (air hanger).
      -A hopefully glitch proof barrier. The whole map is encased in a barrier block box to hopefully stop fly hackers and glitchers from getting out of the map.
      -A "Mine" area. What kind of mining base wouldn't be complete without a mine? The mine consists of a crater, a canyon, and a couple caves (Not confusing caves and passage ways)
      -The "Fence" you see if as far as you can travel, you cannot travel up the mountains.
      -The map has close quarters but also open spaces for different styles of pvp. If you need to run you should be able to but it also should not be easy to just hide from players.
      -No two block deep pits to trap players.
      -The map is completely moody brightness friendly. If you pvp with low brightness you should have plenty of light to see.
      -Completely 1.8

The ultimate goal was to make it so nobody had an unfair advantage over others using the map (via high ground or low ground). Also to keep the map as "balanced" as possible and give everyone what they want.

Now sadly with all great things comes a little work (or something like that)
      @Noobcrew or @Bman needs to add the spawn which shouldn't be that hard of a thing to do. (Just copy and paste the new map underneath the current spawn. Also I have no clue how to but you need to get rid of the bats.

Hope you all like the map, I worked VERY hard on it for hours (In fact my faction got raided well I was working on it :(

(Download Link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nr9cmn3rjikhwwa/AADhOntahR4LxOVxJGWoOQL6a?dl=0

(Let me know if any links don't work)

HERE ARE A COUPLE NEW SCREENSHOTS WITH MY BRIGHTNESS ON FULL

(The Town) https://gyazo.com/caeec0245a176ab382ecfb784cfd382c

(The whole map) https://gyazo.com/cdb3d8ab7a5b6fcd80ab35a400da23b7

(Ground level outside) https://gyazo.com/5ada9dd06e76e09976cbd950b9fcecf9

(One of the Bio-Dome exits) https://gyazo.com/6e6d41320911887e18effa30ea9239fb

@louisC1402 @Shonal @Vaselinemychips Since you guys don't seem so sure, I took some more screenshots highlighting your concerns. As you can see it looks laggy cause of the glowstone in moody brightness but in reality it isn't laggy at all. Also you can see the map is fairly decent size considering you can leave the bio dome, also you can see how flat the land outside is. Hope you guys do like how it looks :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Woah, I love this map. Especially the bio-dome, I think players will use that to host 1v1s etc. Support for sure.

3. louisC1402

louisC1402 Active Member

Does it have flat land to pvp?

4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

The whole town is flat (besides the buildings)
      The entire outside is also semi flat (The hills are only like 5 blocks high)

5. louisC1402

louisC1402 Active Member

Support then.

6. ShonalFromRaxs

ShonalFromRaxs Well-Known Member

The map just seems like FPS hell to me. Its a good map but way to small

7. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I get solid 500 FPS in the map. If you have dynamic lights on then yes it'll be a laggy place. It looks small but keep in mind the most you have on Op Pvp is 50 players. The map also looks small from a sky view but when you're on the ground it's much bigger.

8. Koreancurry

Koreancurry Active Member

Neutral Looks to small and the map we have know is fine the builders did work hard on it and the map we have now isn't that big

9. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

You do know you can go outside the dome right? Like the furthest you can go it to the fenced area and there is also an underground part of the map. Also I’d rather have a small map then a large one where you spend 20 minutes looking for someone to fight lol

10. Koreancurry

Koreancurry Active Member

didnt know that xD

11. Owyr

Owyr Experienced Member

Support!

With some handy night vision i think this could be the new map <3

12. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I have my brightness all the way on moody in the screenshots.

Yeah man, on the other side of the fence is a barrier so people can’t get to the mountains and stuff. But you can exit the bio dome through 4 different areas and you can get to the underground area by going to the mine or the canyon

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    13. Nibba

Nibba Active Member

ing support man @Noobcrew you need to change the map

Could be a little more bigger but I love it bro

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
    14. Emilly

Emilly Active Member

Support, it looks good & way more interesting than the one we have now, isnt too big & has flat ground to pvp on.

15. Aciding

Aciding Active Member

Support, honestly looks a lot better and more pvp friendly moreover we can’t get trapped nor get out the dome. Great map love it. @Noobcrew please change it. :)

16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

It’s sooo much bigger in person lol. Thanks for the support <3

Thank you! I made sure it had everything that everyone wants!

You can get out the dome but from what I know you can’t get out of the map itself. Like on the old op PvP map you could get onto the plains that the map was copy and pasted onto, with this I don’t think you can. But thank you for the support!

17. onesquad

onesquad i am your dad Premium

No support 100% Sorry.
      Would never like to see this as the op map, this will lag and doesn't look that good for pvp.

Also stop tagging Crew for people on this thread.

18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

There is 0 lag when I play on it. It may not be “good” for PvP but according to the poll (13/3 as of now) people rather have this map than the other one. But I mean hey no support is cool too, we can just keep the map we have now and have a max of 10 players on op PvP. If you’re thinking of “we could just change the map we have now to be better” goodluck with that cause the map we have currently would take a MAJOR change to be better and all in all it would just be best to use this one instead. Also why should they stop? If they really want something added then shouldn’t they prove it? More people who tag him the more attention it may get. If it’s annoying to him then he should just comment saying yes or no this will be added or just add it. This map in my opinion is perfect for PvP, open spaces to run away from, tight spaces for close combat, high areas for bow people, lots of detail. Seems to me it’s almost exactly like nuke town just space themed. But hey you have your right to your opinion, you don’t want this map then we can keep the map we have and more and more players can complain. ‍

19. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Support

20. Nibba

Nibba Active Member

Bumping thread