x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Accepted Post Farming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mega_, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Change the rules so that you can only have a maximum amount of "bumps" on a thread. If you have a few threads open you can easily gain over a hundred messages in a few days by simply bumping your thread. This should be against the rules.

I am suggesting that you can still bump your threads as many times as you like but you must delete it once you've bumped it again so it only says "[Insert random bump message here]" once or twice on a thread. This will hopefully reduce post farming taking the workload off of moderators allowing them to have more freedom, rather than having to reply to as many reports ect.

Punishment should be deletion of the posts with a "[Please don't spam bumps(or something like that)]" on the thread. Multiple offences should be the same as the first. If it continues a warning via inbox would be suitable and repeated offenders after that will receive either a mute or ban.

EDIT: Would only be enforced after the rule change. Any posts already made before the rule change won't be affected.​

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support.

3. Surge

Surge Boss Member

Support. I have To admit I do have quite a bit of posts of bumps I tend to delete most of them but It would give me and other players more effic to do so and make Posts more valuable Instead of Easily Obtained.

4. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

If a user were to bump a load of threads to the point it is obvious they are just trying to increase their post count; it is considered post farming/spamming. I have now edited that into the post farming guidelines thread to be clearly stated (http://www.mineverse.com/threads/post-farming-defined.117673/).

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.