x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Remove xp and gaps from epic/legendary crates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Atom, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

I made a similar thread to this here specifying what had to be changed in ultra key rewards. But this suggestion is towards removing experience bottles and gaps from epic and legendary crates. I feel like getting golden apples from any of these chests is useless considering you can literally type /kit op and you'll have at 5 in your inventory. You can also buy them from shop for 1$. As with experience bottles; they're completely useless I cannot explain to you how upset people get when they open a legendary/epic key and get xp. I don't see a point of having these in epic and legendary crates. Ultra crates I understand because they're the lowest crate and you could get a key from voting. Basically what i'm trying to say is remove gaps and xp bottles from epic and legendary crates cause they're useless to get out of those crates.​

2. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Support

3. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

thanks

4. Gini

Gini Active Member

Support

5. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

yes thanks
      thanks

6. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

support

7. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

thanks

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support - I feel as though the crates are a bit useless considering they all consist of having gaps, exp bottles, kb sticks, kits that (let's be honest) nobody wants. I feel like either taking these things out or adding new things in would make crate keys worth a whole lot more and this would allow people to make money from selling them which could lead to maybe more rank deals and everyone's happy.

9. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Thank you rentpvp

10. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Strongly Support

- The whole point in keys consisting of multiple rarities, in this case, Ultra being the worst and Legendary being the best, is to have the value of the key and its assorted prizes get better and better as the rarity increases. In the current state of the game, although the prizes do get better by definition, the odds of you getting them are too low for it to even matter. Because of this, instead of keys being used to open for a prize, their main role is to be sold by players on /ah for an overpriced amount because they know someone will always buy it eventually. On top of that, because of the higher number of nearly worthless prizes in crates like xp bottles, gaps, armor sets, axes, and KB sticks (all obtainable for next to nothing in game as a no rank), and prizes with little significance like fishing rods and in game cash (which you would get WAY more of if you sold the key), the odds of you getting that special prize, either being a bow, s35 sword, s40 sword, or rank key note are next to nothing. I shouldn’t have to get a key, even of legendary rarity, and know full well that I'm not going to get anything good from it, anything with real value. I shouldn’t have to think that when I receive the $5 prize from ultra keys that I just lucked out and got one of the better prizes. Although ultra keys are easily obtained via buying them from /ah or from voting, that doesn’t mean that they should be utterly garbage. Additionally, epic and legendary keys, which are more expensive and a whole lot harder to obtain, have very little change in the value of the prizes. Besides to support the server, why else would I vote when all I’m gonna do is throw everything out that I get from keys. Something needs to change.

To sum up what I said in just a few words, If the prizes hold little value, so do the keys. I could go on a rant for hours but what is that going to solve. The facts speak for themselves

[​IMG]

To get a rough idea of the actual pull rates of different prizes, I opened 64 ultra keys to get a somewhat accurate picture. From those 64 keys, which in the current economy would cost you upwards of $950, this is the loot that I got, if you can even call it that

- 1216 XP Bottles - Value: Worthless
      - 35 Golden Apples - Value: Next to nothing
      - 1 Ultra Stick - Value: Worthless
      - 3 OP Swords - Value: Next to Nothing
      - 3 Ultra Swords - Value: Roughly $10
      - 3 OP Axes - Value: Next to nothing
      - 7 OP Sets/ 1 Titan Set - Value: Roughly $10 per: $80
      - Grim Reaper 2x (Lost 3 keys) - Value: Lost about $40
      - In game Cash - Value: $255
      - 1 Ultra Bow - Value: Roughly $50
      - 10 Ultra Keys - Value: Roughly $140
      - 1 Epic Key - Value: Roughly $230

I do realize that this thread focuses on legendary and Epic keys but I didn't have 64 to open. So sure, the loot would have been better if it weren't ultras, but the increase in value of the loot you would receive from epic and legendary keys is no where near equal to the amount you would have to spend to get these 2 keys compared to an ultra. In my personal experience, I have never pulled an s40 from a legendary key, I have only ever pulled 1 s35, and from the endless number of ultras I've opened, I've received only 5 legendary keys. Maybe its just my luck, but I have a strong feeling you guys haven't been too lucky either...

So I ask you this: Would YOU spend $950 in game to get the previously listed items? Odds are that if you choose to open the 10 ultras and 1 epic that you won, you will lose most if not all of its value than if you were to sell them instead.

** DISCLAIMER: THIS IS STRICTLY BASED OFF OF MY PREVIOUS LUCK WHEN OPENING KEYS OF ALL RARITY'S AND MY KNOWLEDGE ON THE ECONOMY. SO IF I'M WRONG IN ANY OF THE THINGS I SAID REGARDING MY STANCE ON KEYS OR MY ESTIMATIONS ON ITEM VALUES, DON'T BE AFRAID TO CALL ME OUT ON IT**

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    11. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support, especially with all Cloked had to say.

12. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Thank you cloked ;)
      thanks bro

13. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

bumping

14. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Resupporting

Glad too see you agree, thx g

15. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

ay thanks

16. Little_Dyno

Little_Dyno Experienced Member

Support

17. WarAsian

WarAsian Established Member

Strong support - no one wants the joy of opening a epic or legendary crate to just go down the drain after getting gapples or a million xp bottles

18. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

thanks bigman
      Exactly

19. NUTA

NUTA Active Member

Support! And nerf itzarctic’s luck!

20. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Lmaooo thanks

21. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member