September Competition!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by CodBucket, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Prim

Prim Moderator Moderator

• Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Quertiss

Quertiss Head Moderator Head Moderator

Head Moderator
    Last time a map got accepted was a few years back. Decisions and rewards of 2 years ago are irrelevant now so there is no garantuee that you will get another prize if we accept your map as a suggestion. Though, if you want to take that chance, then just let us know and we'll ignore your submission. We might be adding multiple maps depending on how many submissions we end up getting and how good they are, so it might take a while before we consider adding new maps in the future though.

3. Scorv

Scorv Regional Manager Premium

Minecraft accounts: Scorvix
    Thanks for clarifying that the reward for map submissions has changed over the years. If I really wanted a rank upgrade for my map though, I wouldn't have entered this competition in the first place since CodBucket made it clear a rank upgrade isn't a reward. He also confirmed there'd be multiple winners, though exactly how many would depend upon the amount of entries. Are you able to share the criteria the competition team is using to decide the winners? It'd be nice to know they're going to pick maps that will benefit Infection, and not add more boring maps.

4. Mega_

Mega_ Well-Known Member

Minecraft accounts: Bryci_ showgirl HowDoIPvP
    ^^^
    https://www.mineverse.com/threads/game-map-ideas-and-suggestions-rules.26326/
    "If your idea is chosen you will be credited at the spawn of your build or map and receive VIP donor rank or next rank upgrade.
    **only one rank per map suggestion will be credited**"
    Seriously. Scamming the playerbase by offering a free rank up on a PINNED thread only for you to turn around and say "that thread was posted 2 years ago, you're not getting a reward."

You, sir, have just confessed that the server is committing fraud, which is illegal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. W0RD

W0RD Active Member

6. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Moderator Premium

Minecraft accounts: Sando3 Sandhoe Sandioxide TiGeRzFtW
    Crew has decided that the winners will also get a rank upgrade or a $25 coupon. I've updated the thread

It's still being discussed how and by who the maps are going to be judged, so we can't say anything for sure as of now. We'll let you all know when it has been decided

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Halex00

Halex00 Active Member

Since this contest involves map building on creative, I just wanted to point out that /brush used to work on creative and now it doesn't is there a reason why and could it be re-enabled, it was super useful for terraforming large areas. Which is gonna happen in the process of making this map.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  8. robosmith10

robosmith10 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. amli

amli Moderator Moderator

Question: in my build I have path blocks (which aren't available in 1.8), I have logged in on 1.8 and checked them and there were no issues; they just appeared as normal grass blocks. Is it ok for me to incorporate these into my build?

10. Pastel

Pastel Moderator Moderator

Minecraft accounts: PastelLoser
    As long as it doesn't affect the build itself, you're good.

11. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Boss Member

Are redstone contraptions allowed?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diamond_Diva123

Diamond_Diva123 Active Member

13. Janice999

Janice999 Administrator Administrator

Minecraft accounts: Janice999
    Administrator
    No, sorry.

14. RentPvP

RentPvP Active Member

Minecraft accounts: RentPvP
    Good luck everyone :)

15. Torch

Torch Experienced Member

Minecraft accounts: TorchwoodRC Alagaesia
    In-Game Name: @TorchwoodRC @Bakes32 @ParanormalPizza
    Plot #: ph:4 TorchwoodRC /creative2
    Name of map: Track

Note: My shaders in the video make the map look darker than it actually is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Moderator Premium

Minecraft accounts: Sando3 Sandhoe Sandioxide TiGeRzFtW
    Just a reminder that all map submissions have to be posted before the 28th

We know a lot of people want //brush, but after testing it crew has concluded we can't have it before some cooldown and/or size restriction is in place. If I were you, I wouldn't wait and gamble for it to be implemented before September is over.

Other worldedit commands such as //copy, //paste and //replace were however added.
    Also, remember that the build has to be somewhere on the mineverse network. We will not be accepting downloadable worldedit schematics for this competition. This is due to testing purposes. (@W0RD)

17. Dev

Dev Active Member