x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA SniffMyToes Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by SniffMyToes, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

[​IMG]
      Before reading, please know that since my last application, I have put in the effort to change from the toxic person I was to the person that I want to become. I worked on changing both my personality and my actions, as I have become more active, done way more reports, and have fixed broken relationships. If you may judge me for who I used to be, I understand, but please consider how I am now when judging my application also.

As shown, I opened and closed this application the same day, but after a bit of contemplation, I have decided to re-open this. I have tried to take the time to prove that I can stay the way that I promised to be. After contemplating with myself and being recommended by a some moderators, I feel like I am ready to have this re-opened.

✦✧ In-game name
      Current: SniffMyToes Last Name: CircularBanana

✦✧ Age (if curious)
      13 years old

✦✧ Timezone
      Eastern Standard Time

✦✧ Country
      U.S.A.

✦✧ Language
      I currently only speak English.

✦✧ Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Yes. I use OBS for recording in-game videos, and I take screenshots of chat-related offenses.

✦✧ Why do you think you should become a mod?

In my last 2 applications, I put my best traits that would make me a good moderator for Mineverse. I recommend you read through them if you haven’t, as it shows my explanation of why I would be a good asset for the Mineverse staff team. Click here
      I want to be a part of the staff team becayse I want to give back to the community with my time for all the good times it gave me. I want to help carry the load off the staff team's back, and I want to be able to bring what I have to the team.
      For those who don’t go back to my previous application, here is a summary of my best traits.

✦✧ Active
      I know that there are many more active than me on Mineverse, but I spend most of my free time on the server. Although I have other things I have in real life (singing lessons, soccer, etc.), I spend my available hours on Mineverse recording and taking screenshots, and reporting those who may be breaking rules. If you would like to see my previous reports, look here.
      As you can see, most of my reports come back [Banned], [Already Banned], [Warned], [Muted], or [Handled], so this proves that I know what to look out for and if somebody is truly breaking the rules. Although some of my reports are of filter bypasses and cursing, I still have many other reports of hackers and other bannable offenses. I try to get 5+ hacker reports a day.

✦✧ Speed
      While on Mineverse, I am quick in both catching hackers, making reports, and answering questions. I am able to handle chaos well as I have experienced being a staff member before. I am quick when catching hackers, and I am always ready to record and report. I also help answer questions of the new members or anybody else who needs help. I also try to quickly help out those who know a player who is hacking or breaking rules, and I am ready to do my best to catch the rule-breaker for them.

✦✧ Unbiased
      I am very unbiased, even when I need to report one of my friends or family. My brother also plays on this server, and I have reported and have gotten him banned for hacks before. I even report those who are my friends, and I don’t care who you are if you are breaking the rules. I feel like this is a big asset of mine because I am ready to record and report literally everyone, and I feel that this is important. I know that staff members have their friends, but I will take action if I know a player is breaking the rules.

✦✧ Helping
      I try to do my best to help out players and to help them out the best that I can. As I said before, I am quick to help those who need help. If someone asks me when I’m not catching a hacker or reporting, I am likely able to help a player with whatever situation they may need help with. If a moderator is busy doing something and a player comes online to report a hacker to them, I go to the server they found the hacker on and I record the hacker for the staff member. I am always ready to point out hackers, rule breakers, or those who may be using profanity to any available staff members. I am also helpful because I make a lot of reports, so I help rid the server of those who may be ruining the game for others. I am also always ready to help out any player on forums who may ask a question or have a concern, and I can use Google Translate to help out anyone with a language other than English.

✦✧ Experienced
      I have been staff on several servers, and I have resigned on a server I was moderating so I could help out Mineverse full-time. With this experience, I know how to detect or catch rule breakers, and I have learned some things to look for. With my experience, I have also learned and have become familiar with commands that a staff member may need to use. With this, I know how to handle stress, chaos, or players who may be freaking out. I have been playing on mv for about 3 years, so I know what servers to look out for hackers on, and I have become more familiar with Minecraft in general. Here are the basic commands ->

/spect
      /fly
      /tp
      /god
      /kick player reason
      /mute player time reason or /tempmute player time reason
      /warn player reason
      /tempban player time reason If invalid appeal @ www.mineverse.com/appeals.

✦✧ What I bring to the staff team

-I spend all available time on Mineverse

-I have been staff meaning I am experienced, so I will already know what to do if I become staff

-I answer people’s questions in-game and on forums

-I help out moderators find hackers and rule-breakers often, so if I become staff, I can handle these people on my own

-Although hacking was bad, I now have experience with clients and I know what to look for.

✦✧ How long can you be active on the server every day?

Monday - Thursday (In-game) 3 - 5 hours each day
      Friday - Saturday (In-game) 5 -6 hours each day
      Sunday (In-game) 3 - 4 hours

Monday - Thursday (Forums) 4 - 6 hours each day
      Friday - Saturday (Forums) 5-8 hours each day
      Sunday (Forums) 3 - 5 hours

✦✧ How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been playing Mineverse for most likely 3 years by now.

✦✧ Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      In-game - yes, a few times. Forums - forums alting as both my brother and I have accounts, but I was unbanned.

✦✧ Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      I do have a lot of experience as moderator. I was Helper on a prisons/survival server at the age of 10. After that, I have been Moderator/Admin on a few other pvp-based servers, but I am not staff on any servers, as I resigned to make more time for Mineverse.

✦✧ Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?

Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

Indeed

Thank you for taking your time and reading my application. Please add the reason for your rating in the comments, as well as any recommendations or suggestions.

Supports - 33 <3
      Neutrals - 2 :)
      No supports - 8 :(​

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    2. extender

extender Experienced Member

Support 100%, very friendly person and extremely active. Also does mad reports, couldn't support you more
      Good luck

3. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Support. From what I have observed you are very capable of holding this position.

4. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thanks, you two!

5. penguin

penguin Experienced Member

support, I see u on a lot and great format on the app. the only problem is that there are many people who speak English and live in the US, and I see you active, but I never see you really helping. also, what makes you different from all the other americans who apply?

6. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

First of all, thank you for the support. I think what makes me different from all the staff or other American applicants is that I used to be a hacker, so I truly know how hacks work and how to detect them. Another difference from some of the applicants is that I use all my time on mineverse making reports to help the community stay clean.
      I know there are many other American applicants, but I also think extra active staff helps especially with the low amount of staff, as long as they do their job right. :)

7. penguin

thank you for this, but now I have a few questions about things you brought up...
      1. when did u quit hacking
      2. how should we/everyone on the server trust you if you used to hack

8. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

1. A few months ago.
      2. I mean, that is up community to trust my word. I guess you can see it in my reports, as I wouldn’t be able to record with a hacked client on. If a person doesn’t believe me, I understand, but I think my reports kind of show that I can’t be using it, at least not whenever I record or take screenies (which is practically whenever I’m online).

9. penguin

ok, thank you for this info, it helped a lot, though a few months ago isn't that long...

10. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Support
      -very active player
      - a lot of reports done
      - Kind And Generous
      I see you as a perfect fit for the staff team.

11. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

Support.
      You would be perfect for the position!

Goodluck. :D

12. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thank you, that's very nice. <3
      Thanks for the support!

13. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

Support

14. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thanks! <3

15. LlamaHoe

LlamaHoe Experienced Member

I'm going to be really honest here so sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You made an apology thread not even a week ago. I don't get how you can change in less than a week? I feel like you had a sudden change in heart with the main purpose just to get moderator. Someone who was as toxic as you needs more time to convince me that you have actually "changed".

This is a pure example of how people manipulate to get mod:

Step 1: Suddenly start being nice to everyone
      Step 2: Make an apology thread
      Step 3: Right after making an apology thread, apply for mod.
      Step 4: Resign and become the same douche again.

I just feel like you need more time to really prove to me that you have "changed". It's a no for me.

16. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Yeah that's understandable, but it's not like I was trying to change literally right before or after the apology thread. I applied for moderator because of the need of them and because I want to be able to deal with hackers myself instead of reporting a lot of them. I get what you're saying, but the change didn't start a week ago just as you said. The apology thread was just the product of realizing who I hurt and trying to fix it before the end of the year. With this, I will still try and prove to everyone that the change isn't going to be temporary or just while I'm applying.

Thanks for reading.

17. Saturns

Saturns best valorant player Premium

No support.

As Ms Keisha stated, your apology thread isn't even a week old. I understand that you're changing, and trying your best to change, but change cannot be done in the time limit of a week.
      You've been openly toxic to players around you, and I'm pretty sure you've said some hateful things to other moderators / about other moderators.

I hope I can change my view soon enough.
      Good luck, Boodge.

18. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Understood, thanks for reading, and I hope I can eventually get your support.

19. benji

benji Well-Known Member

No support, may change in the future.

20. Gang

Gang Experienced Member

Support, active and nice :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.