x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Why is the Server Losing Popularity?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shadowz_x, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Shadowz_x

Shadowz_x Active Member

I just recently remembered about 3-4 years ago when the server used to be have least 300 people on at a time. What caused the server and Minecraft in general to lose it's popularity and player base?

2. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

hell no

on a saturday afternoon this server usually gets like 1,200 people lol.

also the answer is quite self explanatory.

so many suggestions are on this forum, and barely any of them are being implemented.

also minecraft is dying lol, which is a better explanation.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Saturns

Saturns best valorant player Premium

[​IMG]

Saturday afternoon.

4. Lamborghini

no no like 2-3 years ago lmaoo

• Like Like x 1
    5. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Not really true all so much hypixel is still doing very well. This server just doesn't really have anything unique going for it so why play or stay?

• Like Like x 1
    6. Lamborghini

Personally, I feel like this entire server needs a revamp.

7. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Personally, I think it's the lack of care for this server that brought its downfall.

8. Sevience

Sevience Active Member

Yes exactly, and the lack of training in staff that dont understand what diffrent hacks are.

9. Shadowz_x

Shadowz_x Active Member

Fr most of the staff team can't tell the difference between hacks or legit.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    10. Garth

Garth Experienced Member

Minecraft isn't dying, the server sucks. I'm very sorry to say this but it really does. Compared to the old mineverse and the old staff team, the new mineverse is just.. garbage. Minecraft has a high amount of players, it just depends on the type of server you own. I was going to reapply like I have said before, but this server is mostly a joke. Look at these people's applications that are literally troll applications but might actually end up getting the job due to all the supports which aren't sarcastic. I've lost interest in Mineverse ever since Infection got taken out, one of the top gamemodes on the server.

Seems like the owners don't care about the server as much now than they used to.

11. Lamborghini

I somewhat agree.

thats debatable

also, somewhat of a correct answered

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
    12. bexr

bexr Well-Known Member

I don’t really think the staff for the server are the main issues for the server. Though, I barely play Minecraft or even this server. I believe the main problems are the lack of updates, content and new game modes for people to play. Let’s be honest, we know many servers that have somewhat of the same game modes but just change the configuration. Personally, I believe it’s failing because the content is stale and has lack of updates.

13. Swift

Swift Boss Member

It's definitely the owner no doubt about it (if this post gets deleted i wouldn't be surprised lol) I've been staff on more than one of Crew's servers and I can see the lack of care he's put into both this one and the other one he let die (this was called Skyblock islands). He logged on maybe once every two months and the forums he didn't even touch... He doesn't care if he did he would put more time into it to fix it, it's just a matter of time before he shuts it down or stops paying for it.. this server just has nothing special about it and we all know he's not gonna make that change.

14. Feurin

Feurin Boss Member

Bring back infection. This idea will bring world peace.

15. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

This server is definitely dying because of the removal of popular game modes due to them being "broken". This server has lots of potential and possible needs a new Co-Owner, to help with the job of bringing back Infection, Prison, and Sky-wars. In fact if you notice the servers right now with many players it is mainly because the have a larger variety of mini games as well. So maybe implementing some mini games would benefit Mineverse. Yes, this sounds like a lot of work, but it is reasonable and can be done. With this Mineverse could be a server that grows with the increasing amount of players playing on Minecraft. However, without it Mineverse will be a server that ends with the new generation. There is not much that is unique to Mineverse at the moment. Maybe this could fix it. @Noobcrew

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    16. Garth

Garth Experienced Member

100% agree. I was thinking about dedicating my time here as a moderator but I've decided not to and to run/start up my own server. It's just time to leave for myself.

17. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Your point isn’t really valid to a degree. Hypixel is still extremely popular, there is no doubt about that fact, but it also is losing player-count. Most servers on a wide-scale aren’t pulling in the amount of players they used to, and that’s definitely shown and isn’t hard to see.

Before you think this is just our issue, it isn’t. Players on every server have complained about a declining/non-growing playerbase, even currently.

18. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

I'm confused as to why this is titled "why is the server losing popularity" considering if anything, we're gaining it back.

The server is not what it used to be, there is no denying that, but we're not losing popularity anymore. Crew has started really trying with fixing mineverse and it's glitches / creating new gamemodes and such recently.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Lamborghini

We shall see, we shall see

20. con

con Active Member

Honestly, it's not just Crew and the Staff Team's fault the server is dying. Have you seen how toxic this server is? When a new player joins we just kill them with Sharpness 40's and 30's. We don't even give them a chance. Put yourself in their shoes and act like you just joined the server. You could be AMAZING at PvP, but they still probably cheat and have the better stuff. We just need a good Anti-Cheat, and chat blocker. There are some words that are no chance of bypassing anything, but other words? There are words that you can still bypass like a breeze. All i'm saying is, 1. Fix the AntiCheat, 2. Advertise, 3. Get Trained Staff Members, 4. If Staff hasn't been on in at least 2 weeks (unless they're on a vacation or family emergency) demote them. If they don't wanna put their time in to the server, why are they even staff? And I agree with @TurtleKeeper22 we need more games. We need to fix kitpvp, the anti-cheat on kitpvp works even worse than it does it oppvp. Like if the anti-cheat is gonna kick, it atleast needs to kick for things other than reach. Ex: KillAura, AntiKB, Inf Reach, Aimbot, etc. If you took the time to read this, thanks! @Noobcrew @Quertiss @Janice999

• Like Like x 1