x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Why Mineverse Should Add Hoppers

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by lokadd, Oct 23, 2017.

?

should hoppers be enabled?

1. hoppers should definately be added

12 vote(s)
      63.2%
    2. hoppers should get added

7 vote(s)
      36.8%
    3. hoppers need to be here

5 vote(s)
      26.3%
    4. i want hoppers

7 vote(s)
      36.8%
    5. hoppers are needed 100%

6 vote(s)
      31.6%
    6. i know im repeating but ur voting anyway

6 vote(s)
      31.6%
    Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. lokadd

lokadd Experienced Member

hoppers are a great thing in minecraft for collecting resources automatic farms ect
      the reason hoppers are disabled anyway is because of a duplication glitch in 1.8
      this glitch was fixed during 1.9 so why keep them disabled?
      I need hoppers to make many redstone projects of mine useable
      people talk about this all the time saying things like 'hoppers would be so great'
      various people have already created threads about this issue

@Maddi has already created a thread about this gaining loads of support
      I just feel like hoppers would be so great for enjoyment and gameplay in places such as skyblock
      with hoppers back the economy would be boosted a lot in terms of redstone and resources
      also I have seen many people waste their iron on these things that don't even work
      its just sad to see something as great as hoppers be dismissed while other servers have them
      clearly these servers are gaining popularity because they don't do stupid thins such as this

2. Sky_Trade

Sky_Trade Active Member

I thought hoppers were disabled because the economy would go nuts... Autofarming would just make prices get lower and lower...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    3. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

• Like Like x 1
    4. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Hoppers seem cool and are part of minecraft since 1.5 and here we are in 1.10 soo I don't know why we shoudn't

• Like Like x 1
    5. lokadd

EXACTLY

6. lokadd

it would make farming easier but its a crucial part of farming and redstoning and if anything is making prices lower its adding kits back

7. Sky_Trade

Sky_Trade Active Member

Why don't we ask the admins/developers to why hoppers don't work, then we can get something out of this. I'm pretty sure there is more of a reason than just the duplication glitch.

8. lokadd

there were actually 2 glitches and stuff stolen from private chests anyway this was fixed in 1.9 and this server is running on a 1.12.1 bukkit so it wouldn't even work anymore theres no reason not to ad them back

9. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Hoppers were removed for several reasons. As mentioned by the guy above me who's name requires too much effort to type out. But I'll elaborate a tiny bit. Hoppers were removed because people used them for duplicating. Even when this was initially patched people still found loop-holes around this. So, what do you do? Take away the primary item used to duplicate and baring the consequences. To my current knowledge, there was a duplicate issue in 1.12 but it was patched in 1.12.2. And yes the issue of hoppers overriding the private chests is still an issue. You place a hopper under a chest and let the items flow in. A quick message to the developers of that plugin (not mv developers you halfwits) would be fine. If not, use a different plugin. Of course, if you just claim your land, there is no problem.

Hoppers should be brought back. It's fun and easy to use and doesn't put such a big hole in the economy as people imagine it will.

10. lokadd

true facts ^

11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

People say they’d ruin the survival economy but like the sell prices are so low in survival now, what could you possible afk farm and sell for a decent profit? Maybe an iron golem farm but those aren’t even that efficient, also the server restarts at 4 in the morning (my time) so anyone afking would get kicked.

12. Sky_Trade

Sky_Trade Active Member

Think about the other economies as well, like Skyblock. And also an auto mouse/keyboard can (with some difficulties) get you back and afking in no time. You also seem to be saying the survival economy is already ruined.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Sky_Trade

Sky_Trade Active Member

I would only agree if there were massive restrictions to how many hoppers can be put on an island (about 20 hoppers) and how many items can pass through a hopper in a certain amount of time (1 every 3 seconds). Also slightly decreased /shop sell prices in the farming section would do the trick for me! (but if duping somehow happens remove immediately!)
      (Skyblock only)(idk about other servers)

• Like Like x 1
    14. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

It’s not ruined (yet) but what I’m saying is hoppers can’t really hurt the survival economy because there is nothing you can afk farm for a good profit (in survival you’re supposed to make your own shop to sell stuff at higher prices)

15. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Did you reply to your own comment thinking it was someone else or did you not spot an edit button?

16. lokadd

does this server even have igs coz they definitely aren't on skyblock

17. Sky_Trade

Sky_Trade Active Member

neither, i just changed my mind, and I wanted people to see that.

18. SavageTM

SavageTM Well-Known Member

Hoppers wouldn't make farming on prison too OP, whoever the hell said that. The only way I see this happening is a huge IG farm, but you need spawn chunks and won't work on a laggy network. Also pigmen spawns were nerfed by spigot itself, so the only use would be cactus, but you can only sell it one at a time. They need to be added back, all the dupes are patched.

19. GamerGilbert

GamerGilbert Active Member

There's literally no back draw to this, it helps automation with things like grinders and just all together makes a better play of any server like skyblock or survival. Good idea.

20. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

Hoppers are great and do make life easy when farming. They may be some issues pertaining to afk farming which could hurt the economy a tiny bit in servers but not enough to say they are horrible and no one should be allowed them and they cause actually lasting issues.

But at the same time hoppers are always in the spotlight of duplication glitches which is actually damaging to the economy in the wrong hands. Which ruins hoppers for the rest of us. It is safer to disable them.

If hoppers are properly patched and working with other plugins then sure, add them back. At this point I think Cyp would rather be safer, however.