x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Mvdi's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Malc, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

NOTE: I have included a lot of the same information as I did in my previous application because I felt like that one contained nearly everything that I felt I wanted and needed to say. However, I have made some major changes and adjustments to this one, and have added on to it. With that being said, if you notice that something is outdated, please let me know so that I can update it.

Introduction

Hi. For those of you who don't know me, or would like to know more about me, you can read my introduction thread HERE.
      Location and Activity
      I live in the United States of America [Arizona, UTC (07:00)]. Below, I have listed the times that I should be available both in-game and on the forums daily.
      In-Game
      Sunday: 1-3 hours (anywhere from 12pm-11pm)
      Monday: 1-3 hours (anywhere from 5pm-11pm)
      Tuesday: 1-3 hours (anywhere from 5pm-11pm)
      Wednesday: 1-3 hours (anywhere from 5pm-11pm)
      Thursday: 1-3 hours (anywhere from 5pm-11pm)
      Friday: 1-6 hours (anywhere from 5pm-3am)
      Saturday: 1-6 hours (anywhere from 12pm-3am)
      (Schedule may change depending on what I am doing on certain days, but for the most part these are the times I can be online.)

Forums
      Mon, Wed, Fri: Anywhere from 10am-1am
      Tues, Thurs: Anywhere from 8am-1am

(From the time I wake up on those days, to the time I fall asleep on average. Schedule may change under the same conditions as in-game.)

Experience with MC and MV

I have been playing Minecraft since June 2013, and Mineverse since around the same time. Mineverse was one of the first servers I ever joined, and I fell in love with it right away. I've taken a few small breaks from the server in the past, some of which were ultimately attempts to leave it, but I'm back now and have no intentions of leaving.

In Game Name
      My current in-game name is "Mvdi". If you would like to know what all of my previous in-game names were, you can click here.

Languages
      I am only fluent in English.

Ban History
      I have never been banned from the server, though I cannot say the same for the forums. I have been banned on multiple occasions for violating the rules (specifically rate abusing and use of profanity), however it has been a decently long time since my last infraction, and I do not intend on doing anything worthy of a punishment any time soon.

Experience with Moderating
      I have some experience with moderating from the times I moderated small servers, though it’s been awhile. I was actually a staff member on here for a short time too, but that was back in 2014 when things were much different. I remember how to act, and how to do the job accordingly. Of course, I won’t be up-to-date with how to work things, but I should be quick to learn the things I'll need to.

Capturing Evidence
      I use the default Windows 10 program to capture video evidence, and Gyazo, Snipping Tool, and F2 [in MC] to capture screenshots.

Reason For Applying
      My main reason for wanting to be a moderator is, simply put, to assist the community in any way I can. I am perfectly aware that I am able to do this without a tag, but there is a difference (at least to me) between helping and serving the server. Anyone can help the server by answering players' questions, reporting offenses, etc., but for all of that to be my job on the server would allow me to feel like I am contributing more. I also want to be a help to the rest of the team directly and just to be apart of it in general. It would be a pleasure to serve the community that I have grown to know and love.

Qualifications
      Activity:
      Because of my current school situation, I am able to be exceptionally active both in-game and on the forums, and have been able to maintain a pretty stable schedule as of recent. I also have access to the forums at nearly all times throughout the day, and can be on the server for a decent amount of time after school too.

Patience: I am very patient when it comes to assisting players and waiting for things in general. I also understand that some things cannot take too long, such as a response to a ban appeal, report, etc., which is why I will deny/close them after a decent amount of time. I don't like to rush people in any way; I like to let them take their time. However, if it is urgent, I will make sure that they are aware of that, and that what I am in need of needs to be provided to me as soon as possible.

Approachable: I'd like to think that I am a generally kind person who is easy to approach, and not intimidating to anyone. I do my best to remain active in the chat so that people know that I am easy to talk to and that I am willing to help everyone and anyone in need. I'm open to talking to anyone and I'm always up for a conversation.

Dedication: Dedication is one of the most important traits that one needs to possess to be an exceptional moderator, because if you are not committed to the server you are volunteering for, it's almost pointless to do so. Like I said, I am a long-time member of this community and I love it very much. I am hardworking and will be sure to take my job very seriously. I understand that moderating is a privilege that is only rewarded to the ones who are the most deserving, and if I am granted it I will remember that and not take advantage of the opportunity I have been given.

Experienced:
      During my 2.5 years on here, I have picked up on a few things relating to how both the server and the community work. I know the server and forum rules like the back of my hand, and do my best to enforce them at any given opportunity. I have a decent understanding of most, if not all of the game modes Mineverse has to offer, so I am able able to assist players efficiently. I understand that things have changed quite a bit since my time as staff here, though I should be quick to learn the things that I need to.

Determined:
      Although procrastination is one of my worst habits, once I get myself going I am able to accomplish a lot. As mod, I would be dedicated to my job and would make sure to do it to the best of my ability. I am also a bit of a ‘perfectionist,’ which can be both good and bad depending on the situation at hand. As mod, I would be helping others rather than myself, which would help me to stay motivated and committed to the server as well as the position that I'd be expected to maintain.

Responsible: In order to be a good moderator, in my opinion, you have to be responsible. I know that as mod, and as a normal player too, I am responsible for my own actions and should not blame them on others. If I make a mistake(s), I will own up to it, and do my best to correct my wrongs. I also realize that moderating is a huge responsibility in itself, and I honestly believe that I am perfectly capable of handling it.

Moderator Requirements
      50 Post Count
      Two Factor Authentication
      2 Weeks Registered on Forums
      Skype and Teamspeak

Conclusion
      Thank you for reading this. If you have any questions (or suggestions) for me regarding myself or my application, feel free to comment below or private message me, and I will do my best to answer all of them to the best of my ability. Also, if there is anything that I forgot to include, or if anything is outdated, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    2. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

Yes support

3. Annaa

Annaa Active Member

SUPPORT I DIDN't EVEN READ IT!!

4. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I support you, Madi. I know, from personal experience that you would do a good job for this server. You'd been around for a while and know how the community work and you know how to handle it.

Best of luck.

5. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

Support!!!

6. dera

dera Well-Known Member

I love you Madison, but I can not support you as of now. I just don't see too much from you anymore. Change my mind. <3

7. Stacker7

Stacker7 Boss Member

Support but you just started making reports so I recommend more come now :D good luck

8. Herf

Herf Boss Member

no support not enough colors

9. amli

amli Boss Member

YESSSSSssss SUUUPPOOORTTTT

10. bare

bare Well-Known Member

yes support omg good luck <3

11. Coastic

Coastic Well-Known Member

support

12. Malc

Ty all ❤
      It's all good, thank you. I know that I haven't been posting a lot recently, but you should start seeing more of me soon enough
      Working on it, ty
      i'm sorry you feel that way

13. Herf

Herf Boss Member

support!!1

14. Surge

Surge Boss Member

Neutral, I think you would be an excellent candidate but Your not so active on the forums, Ill change to a Support once you fix that, Best of luck!

15. Malc

Ty
      Tbh I'm on a lot, but I get what you're saying, and I know I haven't been posting a lot. I'm working on it, ty :)

16. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

SUPPORT!

17. Ohmic

Ohmic Legendary Member

Always nice to see older/experienced players apply again. Support since I know you are capable of doing this. :)

18. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Agreed, support.

Would love to see you increase your forum activity just a little bit.

19. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

Support, YOU can do this.

20. Malc

Thank ya'll
      Yep, you should soon. Ty :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.