x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Updated Rules

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Janice, May 26, 2019.

1. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

• Like Like x 4
    2. Swift

Swift Boss Member

May I ask what this farming rule exactly means? Like your main account cannot go afk on any server in general to gain money/keys from like voteparties? how do we exactly prove this in any type of video evidence that the player is truly afk because there are always alts sitting at spawn afk on op pvp. But then again how can we prove these are even alts to begin with.

And about the updated bot farming situation, does that mean you will start banning people who are farming the bots (if they're not hackers already to begin with) now? Because I used to include people with evidence of players farming bots that just walked off spawn and they never got punished only the bots did.

Thanks for the update however :).

• Like Like x 2
      Last edited: May 26, 2019
    3. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Well, this system relies on the ability to permban players which moderators do not have. Seeing as it already took forever to get the permban requests dealt with when moderators requested it on forums, I believe the same issue will arise. Seems a bit flawed.

I also frequently go afk in spawn when I have to do something irl (eat, some activity, etc). I’d rather not be banned just because I’m having dinner. Bad change.

4. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Remember when falsifying evidence was a perm lobby ban, and now it's just a month.

Lost a whole year's playtime :(

Moderators can perm ban. Even a few people without an actual staff rank like Pile ect

5. Quertiss

Quertiss Retired Head Mod

If people in the perm ban requests didn't get perm banned, then there was a reason for it. It also wasn't really clear when exactly someone would be banned for too many offenses and it varied too much on each situation. The new rules include when exactly someone would be perm banned for too many offenses so there is simply no discussion on whether a player would be permed or not.
      What's so bad about logging out when you're having dinner? It only takes a minute to log back on so I don't see the problem and you could also just go to the lobby if you find it annoying to log back on again. It's not like we will allow the staff to start banning people that are afk for a short period of time too, because there could always be a reason why someone goes afk for a minute. This rule is directed to the people sitting in spawn with a bunch of alts 24/7.
      It's not that hard to catch people afk'ing. Staff can check alts, has access to /seen and /invsee if necessary. Players can't really provide any evidence other than /seen (/invsee if they have access). However this doesn't mean that players can't contact staff when they see someone afk for too long.
      Staff will now be able to get alt checks more efficiently. Before, the player basically had to admit to ban evading before an alt check could be requested which obviously wasn't efficient to get alts banned. We replaced that rule with another hopefully more efficient one.
      For now, only Head Mods will take care of these situations.

6. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Do not go AFK in spawn in order to get extra money or keys. - So does this mean you have to log out and you're not allowed to afk? @Quertiss

7. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

Please answer this

8. Quertiss

You can afk but not too long. If you're going afk for a while, like for example you're having dinner, just log off or go to the lobby. Of course if you're afk in spawn with alts for a short amount of time we would still have to assume you're there simply to get money and keys.

9. zBuild

zBuild Experienced Member

The Rules say not afk " a lot " of alts so can I play on my main acc while my other is afk

10. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

See this is a good rule except if you leave your account on accidentally and get punished so why not add an afk timer of like 15m so you get kicked for this. @Quertiss would it help if i made a suggestion on this.

11. Quertiss

We may be looking into this for in the future but for now this is what we have.
      What do you need an alt on for when you're already playing on your main?

12. zBuild

zBuild Experienced Member

I don't but with the activity of the current mods, people will easily get away with still being able to afk keys, a afk timer needs to be in place to stop this happening

13. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

^

14. Quertiss

Keys can be taken and bals can be reset. An AFK timer would be nice but this is what we have for now. We're looking into it and we will see if we can make this happen.

15. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

I really dislike this rule.

I see people like "oh log off if youre going to do something for long amounts of time!!!"

What if you're going to do something fast? ex. Use the bathroom or do a chore, and all of the sudden a family emergency comes up? "Oh hold up, I have to go disconnect my account off of a Minecraft server so I don't get banned!!!" and I know people are gonna reply to me like 'well then appeal it'. Do you think staff would actually unban you just on your word when so many other people could make up this excuse too?

I know there was one time where I went to go do something, put up the dishwasher I believe, it takes me 8 minutes, tops. I ended up being afk for almost an hour and a half though, because a family emergency had came up last minute.

@Quertiss

edit: I just thought of a better example to defend this my opinion,

One time I had left to go get a quick snack, I was supposed to be gone for 3 minutes (I was getting 2 cookies). I had to leave with the 2 cookies in my hand, my account still afk, because I had cheerleading and we was late and I forgot.

stuff comes up, life happens. This rule is unfair.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

I believe they're working on an afk timer

17. trinityy

Great, now what are we gonna do until this is implied with the new rule?

18. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Yeah, sadly we will have to wait, it's down to @Noobcrew

19. Quertiss

You won't be banned for afk'ing for short amount of times, especially if you're only on one account.
      This rule stays for now.

20. trinityy

Do you not understand my example?

A family emergency isn't a "short amount of time"

The shortest family emergency ive had is an hour and a half.

You told @SniffMyToes to log off when he was eating.. I'd hope he wouldn't take that long to eat.

You're tellin someone who will be long for shorter to log off but compared to my example